Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Jon kinda robbed Conner of his place tbh
    Jon being the next Superman frees Conner up for more interesting story directions.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Jon being the next Superman frees Conner up for more interesting story directions.
    That title belongs to Conner before it belongs to Jon though

They kinda screwed the pooch with both Kon and Jon. Jon was the perfect new Superboy at 10 years old and Kon had the ability to grow past that moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    That title belongs to Conner before it belongs to Jon though
    I never took Conner being the next Superman that seriously. So I thought his arc would be better if he goes his own way.

A better version of Dick's journey to Nightwing.

Jon doesn't appeal to me outside of the CW show so I don't mind Conner becoming the next Superman but it's not a preference otherwise.

The more kon talked about being Superman someday the more it didn't seem like he was,atleast that's how I felt reading the series back in the 90s.

Conner should be all business when he needs to be ,but the most laid back when he's not.he should be the SUPER who has the most friends,and the guy who alwsys feels like he needs to go in 1st or deal with whatever comes their way 1st cause he is invulnerable and he is alwsys in protective mode for everyone.

It's funny if you read the AC issues with kon in them,he is the laid back fun guy,but also the guy who knows when it's business time,as in playing video games in one panel then telling Lois and Jon that Clark was gonna say something,then he was the 1st and only SUPER who noticed something happening on top of the steel world bldg and had to go check it out.

The position of Superman is a lot to do with being a symbol,if kon isn't in that position he can pinpoint down to the task at hand as a hero,and thst will lead him to many different places a superman can't go
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

DC and Marvel tend to revert back to the originals so it's why I didn't see Conner becoming Superman one day.

5G did throw me for a loop tho.

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I agree wish they could do something similar to the Grayson series where they took him out of his comfort zone have Conner exploring Vertigo and Wildstorm "universes" meeting the Dead Boy Detectives or having him go into the DMZ would be intriguing as would Conner meeting the Authority & Jenny Quantum and I did think I say him in Neopolis from Top Ten
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    They kinda screwed the pooch with both Kon and Jon. Jon was the perfect new Superboy at 10 years old and Kon had the ability to grow past that moniker.
    Conner still can grow past being Superboy.

OK for the wrestling fans,is Conner more

AEW Sammy Guevara
    or
    WWE Austin theory
    ?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

upload photo to internet
    His place.should be wherever there is need for a hero

Even though I appreciate Porter wanting to get kon away from earth to not keep him undervalued,I still think kon is probably one of the most human characters DC has ever made,and can really be a great hero for our Lil planet here

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Even though I appreciate Porter wanting to get kon away from earth to not keep him undervalued,I still think kon is probably one of the most human characters DC has ever made,and can really be a great hero for our Lil planet here
    You could do an arc where he travels the Earth and gets to deal with the unknown problems.

You could do an arc where he travels the Earth and gets to deal with the unknown problems.

You could have him travel the world,kinda in the opposite way Clark traveled the way.clark was incognito,where Conner would be full on hero.

I kinda want to see Conner be incognito to,he would try his best to be thst way,but shit just keeps happening

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I never took Conner being the next Superman that seriously. So I thought his arc would be better if he goes his own way.

A better version of Dick's journey to Nightwing.

Jon doesn't appeal to me outside of the CW show so I don't mind Conner becoming the next Superman but it's not a preference otherwise.
    Apparently, some of the New52 was recycled from their aborted Fifth World, where the JLA like Clark, Diana, Bruce, Barry, etc. would become the New Gods (blegh), the Titans the old guard, and Young Justice the current heroes. https://davidmann95.tumblr.com/ he does a pretty good rundown on it.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 03-15-2023 at 02:59 PM.

You could have him travel the world,kinda in the opposite way Clark traveled the way.clark was incognito,where Conner would be full on hero.

I kinda want to see Conner be incognito to,he would try his best to be thst way,but shit just keeps happening
    He starts out incognito and gets discovered pretty fast. That sounds like him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Apparently, someone of the New52 was recycled from their aborted Fifth World, where the JLA like Clark, Diana, Bruce, Barry, etc. would become the New Gods (blegh), the Titans the old guard, and Young Justice the current heroes. https://davidmann95.tumblr.com/ he does a pretty good rundown on it.
    That sounds interesting and it would've been cool if it happened. I was fond of Barry being the Blue Lantern after Brightest day so I would've let them go on to other roles.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-15-2023 at 08:37 AM.

Another scenario would be Conner leaves metropolis ,maybe even the world,and it's for either months or like a year or 2,and while he was gone superman makes Jon superman,but Jon is over his head ,which in turn brings Conner back,begrudgingly of course,Jon is mad at him for leaving when it was conners turn to be Superman,but Conner says he had to get out of metropolis cause both superman and lex were there vying for him,snd he felt like he was drowning there

Another scenario would be Conner leaves metropolis ,maybe even the world,and it's for either months or like a year or 2,and while he was gone superman makes Jon superman,but Jon is over his head ,which in turn brings Conner back,begrudgingly of course,Jon is mad at him for leaving when it was conners turn to be Superman,but Conner says he had to get out of metropolis cause both superman and lex were there vying for him,snd he felt like he was drowning there
    That could work too but it would need a real dynamic between Jon and Conner. You'd have to retcon a relationship between them. I don't think they met when Jon was a kid and as an adult Jon seemed fine with the role.

So doing new stories with Conner and Kid Jon and integrating it in this idea as a flashback would be ideal.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-15-2023 at 11:19 AM.