Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Conner Kent where is his place in the DC Omniverse?

Conner Kent is my favourite Superboy loved his stories traveling through Hypertime and the future so I was wondering where should he go & what should he do? I was thinking he should go join the Legion then I was thinking of an Interdimensional team similar to the Justice League Incarnate or Challengers of the Beyond then I thought a whole different direction for example, Gen 13 or DV8. Ask yourself where is Conner Kent's place in DC?
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

I'm fine with the YJ crew dealing with their 20s and establishing themselves outside of their mentors shadows.

Superlad93 once pitched Superboy becoming the security guard for a reformed Cadmus so I'd use that here. He called "Agent KR" but "Agent S" or "Agent 16" would work as well.

I'd lean into cloning and what rights Dubbilex and the genomorphs would have.

I'd probably rename him as "Sentinel" or "Supernova" but the former works better for this pitch.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-21-2023 at 12:07 PM.

Well the real problem with Conner is his "place" as young teen male spin-off of Superman has been supplanted by Jon and while you could potentially overhaul him and reinvent him into something new that would require a vested interest and effort on DC part which given they seem to tolerate his existence more than anything happen is unlikely.

I think ideas like Conner going to space, joining a new team or working with Cadmus again all have potential and could be interesting but realistically none of them have enough juice as concepts in of themselves to become an ongoing but perhaps leaning into the idea that Conner no longer has a place in world could be his new gimmick.

Any future mini's he gets could be about his new "job" or direction in life that he's taking and following that for 6 issues before resetting things in the end, it's a relatable concept as this sort of directionless is something a lot people go through in their 20's and Conner has a big enough personality that you can kind of put him anywhere and it'd still be entertaining.
    Last edited by walk; 02-21-2023 at 12:02 PM.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Space bounty hunter or anything that's not superhero-related. You'll get more mileage out of him that way, and expands Superman's setting. You can always bring him back for crossovers into the superhero fold. But, let's explore things outside of superheroes. It's not really hard in my opinion to find a new place for Connor in the DCU. It's called a universe for a reason.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 02-22-2023 at 12:19 PM.

Kon has the personality that can ride any setting imo.he can travel back in time and fight dinosaurs,or land in Mars before it went bad.he could go up against evil magic in the depths of a tomb,he could fight giant robots,or anything that has him having fun being a hero
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Kon has the personality that can ride any setting imo.he can travel back in time and fight dinosaurs,or land in Mars before it went bad.he could go up against evil magic in the depths of a tomb,he could fight giant robots,or anything that has him having fun being a hero
    Sounds very 1960s.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Sounds very 1960s.
    Yeah way more fun than reading all about feelings,or being explained something instead of showing it nowadays
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

He needs to be a part of the family,but out doing his own thing,he should be the SUPER who goes where the others don't

He needs to be a part of the family,but out doing his own thing,he should be the SUPER who goes where the others don't
    That's more Kenan because he has a mystical connection you could lean on.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

i ain't seeing no Personality with current writing.He is just there.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    i ain't seeing no Personality with current writing.He is just there.
    And thsts my problem with how they are using him now too

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    That's more Kenan because he has a mystical connection you could lean on.

Not necessarily magic based,could be anything

Not necessarily magic based,could be anything
    But what would that look like? The Supers tend to go wherever they need to. Kenan is the only one that has the ability to go where the others can't.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    But what would that look like? The Supers tend to go wherever they need to. Kenan is the only one that has the ability to go where the others can't.

Actually if we want to be technical,and I do,the older titans of tomorrow took CM3s punch and brushed him off like he was nothing,then in the Titans today storyline he also handles a magic guy there also.so yeah "IF" they ever let him use his full powerset he can go right at magic users without any fear

Actually if we want to be technical,and I do,the older titans of tomorrow took CM3s punch and brushed him off like he was nothing,then in the Titans today storyline he also handles a magic guy there also.so yeah "IF" they ever let him use his full powerset he can go right at magic users without any fear
    I'm not talking power levels, I'm talking niche. Kenan can use chi and has been to the Eight Heavenly Realms. So he can do the mystic stuff as a niche.

You have a cool tagline but what does it mean in practical terms? I just saw it as too vague a pitch.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-25-2023 at 05:11 PM.