Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

As the "cool uncle" to kid Jon. And he may be a little stuck in the pop culture of the 90s-early 2000s. The "Uncle Jesse" to Clark's "Danny Tanner" (Full House references).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    As the "cool uncle" to kid Jon. And he may be a little stuck in the pop culture of the 90s-early 2000s. The "Uncle Jesse" to Clark's "Danny Tanner" (Full House references).
    Conner is cool?????

XD! I KID I KID!!

Anyways, I always saw Conner being the Sonic or Dante or Yuri of the Superman clan, his theme is misbehaving fun and thrill seeking heroics than traditional superheroics, his aim is being the epitome of irresponsibility to spice things up to make his adventures fun and cool for its own sake but still unraveals the same compentency of the knowledge and wisdom of fixing solutions like Superman, that go over inflexible heroes who are ridgid and arent creative in stopping the threat. Plus it makes for good comedy and gets more entertaining when everyone is his straightman plus the girls he will hit on. This stuff would make him like the wildcard rebel that people team up to learn how to have fun, and his missions and adventures center around over the top locations to strecth his imagination to adapt and eventually thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm not talking power levels, I'm talking niche. Kenan can use chi and has been to the Eight Heavenly Realms. So he can do the mystic stuff as a niche.

You have a cool tagline but what does it mean in practical terms? I just saw it as too vague a pitch.

Definitely not a niche for him,just not a place he won't go,or has second thoughts about.

What tagline?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

LOL,now thst really is a great way to see it
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    Conner is cool?????

XD! I KID I KID!!

Anyways, I always saw Conner being the Sonic or Dante or Yuri of the Superman clan, his theme is misbehaving fun and thrill seeking heroics than traditional superheroics, his aim is being the epitome of irresponsibility to spice things up to make his adventures fun and cool for its own sake but still unraveals the same compentency of the knowledge and wisdom of fixing solutions like Superman, that go over inflexible heroes who are ridgid and arent creative in stopping the threat. Plus it makes for good comedy and gets more entertaining when everyone is his straightman plus the girls he will hit on. This stuff would make him like the wildcard rebel that people team up to learn how to have fun, and his missions and adventures center around over the top locations to strecth his imagination to adapt and eventually thrive.

He is a thrillseeker and fun lover,OH and a Lil bit of a **** stirrer lol,but still a hero who wants to be a great hero...every single time .

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Definitely not a niche for him,just not a place he won't go,or has second thoughts about.

What tagline?
    He needs to be a part of the family,but out doing his own thing,he should be the SUPER who goes where the others don't
    The bolded part felt like a tagline to me.

The bolded part felt like a tagline to me.
    Oh yeah guess so.

He could also be the super who gets his hands dirty and goes in dark, a Lil touch of the YJ show

Oh yeah guess so.

He could also be the super who gets his hands dirty and goes in dark, a Lil touch of the YJ show
    Wanderer fits your pitch.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-27-2023 at 07:57 AM.

Most things about kon are split into 2 things
    - 2 names Conner and kon
    - 2 powersets TTK and kryptonian
    - 2 DNA donors
    - 2 distinct looks OG supersuit and t-shirt and jeans

They need to merge the 2 halves of him and thst all by itself will make a huge difference,we won't be caring about names or Jon taking his spot,he will already be what will make him a bona-fide superstar(and no I didn't use that as a new choice lol)

Most things about kon are split into 2 things
    - 2 names Conner and kon
    - 2 powersets TTK and kryptonian
    - 2 DNA donors
    - 2 distinct looks OG supersuit and t-shirt and jeans

They need to merge the 2 halves of him and thst all by itself will make a huge difference,we won't be caring about names or Jon taking his spot,he will already be what will make him a bona-fide superstar(and no I didn't use that as a new choice lol)
    Outside of the powerset, the other divisions aren't a real problem.

The looks are something you could fix by alternating between them. Connor could just change his look periodically.

Conner struggling between the influence of his two donors is a cool internal conflict.

Conner having two names is an average superhero trope.

I'd prefer him moving on from Superboy as I feel Superboy/Robin/Kid Flash/Wonder Girl names are limiting. But I'll deal with it if he moves forward in other ways.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-28-2023 at 12:38 PM.

Outside of the powerset, the other divisions aren't a real problem.

The looks are something you could fix by alternating between them. Connor could just change his look periodically.

Conner struggling between the influence of his two donors is a cool internal conflict.

Conner having two names is an average superhero trope.

I'd prefer him moving on from Superboy as I feel Superboy/Robin/Kid Flash/Wonder Girl names are limiting. But I'll deal with it if he moves forward in other ways.

My point is DC needs to embrace both sides of the things I posted above and move forward with him as a complete character.

When I read him I don't see him.complete,I see a part of him,but not the whole.

Black zero and superboy convergence showed how you do tactile telekinesis with a kryptonian powerset.
    Titans of tomorrow,sins of youth,and Smallville season 11 show you how you to use a kryptonian powerset with a full TK powerset.

Iconic heroes have one look usually,yes they get tweaked over the years,but they don't change their look dramatically or randomly.they become iconic and well known by seeing something over and over again.thats why mixing both looks is very important ,and just using one lol going forward is essential to his survivong after his mini series

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Space bounty hunter or anything that's not superhero-related. You'll get more mileage out of him that way, and expands Superman's setting. You can always bring him back for crossovers into the superhero fold. But, let's explore things outside of superheroes. It's not really hard in my opinion to find a new place for Connor in the DCU. It's called a universe for a reason.
    I agree wish they could do something similar to the Grayson series where they took him out of his comfort zone have Conner exploring Vertigo and Wildstorm "universes" meeting the Dead Boy Detectives or having him go into the DMZ would be intriguing as would Conner meeting the Authority & Jenny Quantum and I did think I say him in Neopolis from Top Ten
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I agree wish they could do something similar to the Grayson series where they took him out of his comfort zone have Conner exploring Vertigo and Wildstorm "universes" meeting the Dead Boy Detectives or having him go into the DMZ would be intriguing as would Conner meeting the Authority & Jenny Quantum and I did think I say him in Neopolis from Top Ten

I would love thst variety

Jon kinda robbed Conner of his place tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Jon kinda robbed Conner of his place tbh

More like "A" place,not any thst Conner can have,and we have seen him take on so many different "places"thst he has plenty of space thst he can do his own thing