Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    -A set of worlds where each hero are the only heroes of their world. Superman is the only hero in his world. Flash is the only hero in his world. Wonder Woman is the only hero in hers. Then some event brings them together or cause them to switch the others worlds. Awkward interactions because they don't have the same history with each other and each hero notes the difference the other made in their respective worlds. Maybe shared universes are more chaotic and dangerous than singular worlds but on singular worlds, the heroes are more worried about would happen if they can't handle a threat or who would protect the world after they die.

-The Switcheroo verse where we switch the genre of each heroes. Superman is an actual Demi God sent to earth by Ra for his protection. Batman is a mystic hero who uses a magic cape to fight crime. Wonder Woman and the Amazons are actually meta humans who learned how to activate the genes unlimited potential with the Greek Gods being like Saiyans; humans who reached their god like potential. Zatanna is an inventor who uses gadgets to make it seem like she's doing magic. Flash gets his powers from Hermes while Green Lantern gets his from Demeter. Aquaman resembles the creature from the Lagoon and him plus the Atlanteans are water based aliens who settled down on the ocean floor millions of years ago.
    They did that. It was called Earth One.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    For Earth Meta, would groups like the Green Lanterns and Amazons be people with the same powers?
    Green Lanterns wield advanced technology created by Lex Luthor they are a tech-powered police force who protect civilians from metahuman-level threats. Amazons can tap into their psychic energy and converting that said energy to enhance their physical attributes similar to the Golden Age Amazon some of them who lack the ability to increase their bodies can directly tap into their mind gaining enhanced wisdom, insight and/or crafting/creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Green Lanterns wield advanced technology created by Lex Luthor they are a tech-powered police force who protect civilians from metahuman-level threats. Amazons can tap into their psychic energy and converting that said energy to enhance their physical attributes similar to the Golden Age Amazon some of them who lack the ability to increase their bodies can directly tap into their mind gaining enhanced wisdom, insight and/or crafting/creativity.
    The latter take reminds me of ki common in anime.

Cool take.

It's not a new alternate Earth, but man do I want a Multiversity story set on the new Earth 13

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

"DC Simple Earth"--
    Our world, with one Batman, one Superman, one Wonder Woman. One Flash for those who like Flash. One Green Lantern. One Black Lightning. And so on.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    "DC Simple Earth"--
    Our world, with one Batman, one Superman, one Wonder Woman. One Flash for those who like Flash. One Green Lantern. One Black Lightning. And so on.
    Would these be new characters? Are you going for something like Kurt Busiek's superman secret identity?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    "DC Simple Earth"--
    Is that just one character per name or one character per "franchise"? Like Batman is just Bruce Wayne but there can be related characters? Or Batman with no Batgirl, Robin, ,,,?

The latter take reminds me of ki common in anime.

Cool take.
    Thanks.

Come to think of it, it does remind me of Ki with the physical abilities IIRC I think Ki is more based and rooted in spiritual/life force energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Is that just one character per name or one character per "franchise"? Like Batman is just Bruce Wayne but there can be related characters? Or Batman with no Batgirl, Robin, ,,,?
    I guess you could use the legacies without the legacy aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Thanks.

Come to think of it, it does remind me of Ki with the physical abilities IIRC I think Ki is more based and rooted in spiritual/life force energy.
    I guess you could connect the two- the spiritual energy is drawn out of the body and manifests as a physical force.

The New 52 Earth shown at the end of Doomsday Clock.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

https://twitter.com/THoskisson/statu...UMrF5JFtw&s=19

An artist on Twitter did mashups between Batman and his villians.

I'd explore them further in a miniseries.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-30-2024 at 03:54 AM.

Here are three more. I'd probably do it as similar to Morrison's Bruce sees a different animal as inspiration.

So it's Bruce getting a different mentor and weapon to use in his war against crime.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-30-2024 at 04:18 AM.

https://twitter.com/THoskisson/statu...UMrF5JFtw&s=19

An artist on Twitter did mashups between Batman and his villians.

I'd explore them further in a miniseries.
    Why just a miniseries? Let's do a wide crossover event Thrash Metal. And call Snyder to write it, I'm sure he would love it.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Why just a miniseries? Let's do a wide crossover event Thrash Metal. And call Snyder to write it, I'm sure he would love it.
    I'm writing it so it's a punk rock miniseries.

I was a world where dinosaurs are still alive and they're both treated as pets and also used like they were in Flintstone cartoons, the kind of world where you can hear people say things like "Look! It's Wonder Woman and her Triceratops!"