Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I'd love to see an Earth where the Justice League weren't tied to "The Establishment". Not some world where the heroes take over, but more of the heroes branded as criminals/outlaws while still being heroic.

Batman whose connection to Jim Gordon is clandestine (No public Bat-signal), Superman who spent his early life one-step ahead of a US government who hunted him, Diana having come to "Man's World" but still sees herself as a citizen of Themyscira and not under US jurisdiction. Same for Aquaman who would be Atlantean royalty with no regard for surface world laws. A Green Lantern who is an agent of Oan justice and thus above Earth laws.

But again- not in a run roughshod way for any of them, just that Batman for example leaves crooks and evidence for the Gotham cops, but is as likely to terrorize the corrupt senator as the local mob boss. A Superman who isn't looking to overthrow governments, but also has no real trust in them either. Wonder Woman having her own sense of justice that might not always align with conventional society. She (and the Lasso of Truth) are the final arbiter on who deserves punishment and who deserves mercy ,,, and she won't be deterred by legal proceedings about either.
    This Earth is the one we most likely would have if superheroes did exist, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.deviantart.com/needham-c...riot-690555176

The latter idea reminded me of this Steve Trevor fanart. I guess Selina would end up incorporating the stuff from her first solo movie.

Would Lois be a Kryptonian or just a regular metahuman?
    I hate that name for Steve, but I understand the inspiration.

I would have Lois as a Kryptonian she just landed near a military base but General Lane (under a different distinction at the time) decides to raise her while keeping it a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, I like that one! Would they remain at least similar, Lois the reporter (who may dive into a more Question direction), Steve the pilot (who may go into a Blackhawks direction), and Catwoman the thief-with-a-heart-of-gold?
    Lois is still a reporter. Steve's mother, Diana, would've lived with the Amazons rather than dying after arriving, and Selina starts as a cat burglar and eventually becomes Gotham's protector.

There are more in-depth details to this, but I like them adapting similar monikers and having similarities to the Trinity with a personal flair rather than just "Lois-El was sent from a dying planet and landed in Kansas to be raised as Lois Kent". That would be boring.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

I want an Elseworlds that examines what the DCU would be like if Atlantis did not sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I'd love to see an Earth where the Justice League weren't tied to "The Establishment". Not some world where the heroes take over, but more of the heroes branded as criminals/outlaws while still being heroic.

Batman whose connection to Jim Gordon is clandestine (No public Bat-signal), Superman who spent his early life one-step ahead of a US government who hunted him, Diana having come to "Man's World" but still sees herself as a citizen of Themyscira and not under US jurisdiction. Same for Aquaman who would be Atlantean royalty with no regard for surface world laws. A Green Lantern who is an agent of Oan justice and thus above Earth laws.

But again- not in a run roughshod way for any of them, just that Batman for example leaves crooks and evidence for the Gotham cops, but is as likely to terrorize the corrupt senator as the local mob boss. A Superman who isn't looking to overthrow governments, but also has no real trust in them either. Wonder Woman having her own sense of justice that might not always align with conventional society. She (and the Lasso of Truth) are the final arbiter on who deserves punishment and who deserves mercy ,,, and she won't be deterred by legal proceedings about either.
    I've only read Superman and Wonder Woman Earth One but it kinda sounds like both of them.

They've also touched on this quite a few times with WW in main continuity. Most notably in The Hiketeia, which is all about her protecting a guilty murderer from the law (and Batman) because they made an agreement based on Amazon customs.

Super Sons Earth where Jon wasn't stupidly aged up, and their generation is expanded upon. But not where Damian is character assassinated, again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah IRL, even if 95% of the public is cool with costumed vigilantes operating under fake IDs... there would be THOUSANDS of people trying to find out, for each costumed hero a hundred civilians trying to find their secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Yeah, that was the inspo around the idea. I was thinking more like a melodramatic soap that parodies the messiness of comics through the lens of teenage tribulations.

Superhero Girls was marketed toward kids, which wasn't a bad thing, cute but not what I was going for.
    Saved-by-the-Bell, but Superheroes?

A followup to Ellis and Hunt's the Wild Storm.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-22-2023 at 04:33 PM.

I'm not sure civilization could survive if superhumans were real, honestly. I think we'd tear ourselves apart over it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This is easy:

Pre-Crisis Earth 1

Pre-Crisis Earth 2

New 52 Earth.

All of the TV shows getting their own Earths.

Nolan Batman Earth (Earth 27)

Crossover Earth: Where all the DC and Marvel crossovers take place.
    I’m with you on THAT one.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Amazing Member

Some ideas:

The Tangent Universe (Original characters with the same codenames).
    An actual Quality-Comics based Earth that is not 'Nazis Won'.
    'Old-Fashioned' Wildstorm (pre-Authority, pre-WorldStorm, pre-World's End, there are several options).
    A Universe where the nations of Earth have gone Space-Opera-Interstellar thanks to Comic Book Mad Science.
    A pre-Didio Earth (~2002 or 2003). Mid 2003 seems to be about when his changes really started to impact things.

Mighty Member

Earth 99 : fave characters from that year are still active. Impulse, YJ (PAD, Todd), hitman, Jimenez WW etc.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    A followup to Ellis and Hunt's the Wild Storm.
    Yes, please!!!!!!! That was excellent!

Astonishing Member

Since that's my favorite comic-book story of all-time - seconded!
    I'm actually a bit surprised they haven't revisited that universe again. The premise is so simple yet powerful and just lends itself to an Elseworlds/alternate universe story.

But I suppose few writers actually have the creativity to do an alternate Batman who isn't necessarily darker and edgier than the mainstream version...

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm not sure civilization could survive if superhumans were real, honestly. I think we'd tear ourselves apart over it.
    I guess my cynicism only goes so far.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?