Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    'Warrior Angel,' like in the Smallville comic, could be amusing. Just stop dancing around the religious savior metaphors, and grab it by the throat!
    Lol sure.

I wonder what Batman, Green Arrow, Hourman, Atom and Starman are like.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Lol sure.

I wonder what Batman, Green Arrow, Hourman, Atom and Starman are like.
    Batman *has* to be a Central-American vampire connected to Camazotz, the god of bats and the night.

Green Arrow? Someone with a magic bow. I'm picturing Hank the Ranger, from the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon back in the 80s.

Hourman? Sir Gawaine, with his magic belt that gives him superhuman strength, but only for the single hour per day.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

"Noir" Earth: Home to non-powered heroes like Batman, Green Arrow, original Black Canary. This is more street level. Vigilantes are hunted by the police. This is sort of like DC's old First Wave universe but with characters DC owns the rights to.

Earth 69 "LGBT Earth": Superman was raised by two lesbians, Joanna and Martha Kent. Joker is non-binary. Nubia is WW. Alan Scott is GL.

Earth 75: An Earth where Superman never came back from the dead and Conner officially became Superman.

"Techno-western" Earth: This is sort of like the old cartoon Bravestarr where you have a western universe with futuristic technology. Jonah Hex would be the main hero. Hoovercycles instead of horses. Blasters instead of guns.

Earth 63: A "Silver Age" Earth where it's like it's still the early sixties. The stories would be very SA. Superman playing pranks on his friends to hide his identity. Batman calls Robin "chum" and has costumes and gadgets for every occasion. It takes place in the early sixties.

Earth 43: An Earth where WW2 is still going on. The JSA is fighting Nazi subversives.

Earth 84: A "Bronze Age" Earth where Clark Kent is still a broadcaster for WGBS news. Jason Todd is still Robin. Supergirl has her headband. Barry's parents are still alive. Early eighties.

Earth 86: Dark Knight Returns Earth.

Earth 87: Post-Crisis, pre-Hawkworld Earth: Birthing Matrix Superman. Year One Batman. Perez Wonder Woman. Late eighties Earth.

Earth 95: Mid-nineties Earth. Mullet Superman. Post-Nightfall Batman. Artemis WW. Kyle Raynor GL. Wally West Flash. Matrix Supergirl. Connor Hawk GA.

Some of these are ideas I've suggested before but this could be a "backdoor" way of doing it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Batman *has* to be a Central-American vampire connected to Camazotz, the god of bats and the night.

Green Arrow? Someone with a magic bow. I'm picturing Hank the Ranger, from the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon back in the 80s.

Hourman? Sir Gawaine, with his magic belt that gives him superhuman strength, but only for the single hour per day.
    Those are great.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Those are great.
    Aw, thanks! Now I feel like I should have come up with ideas for Atom and Starman!

Atom as a faerie could be amusing, one of the 'wee folk' with some limited magic (like the ability to shrink others or glamer himself or others or confer flight like a modern-day Tink).

Starman tied to astrology, perhaps?

Aw, thanks! Now I feel like I should have come up with ideas for Atom and Starman!

Atom as a faerie could be amusing, one of the 'wee folk' with some limited magic (like the ability to shrink others or glamer himself or others or confer flight like a modern-day Tink).

Starman tied to astrology, perhaps?
    Maybe Starman harness the power of the Zodiac?

I figured Flash would harness the power of Hermes and Green Lantern would be tied to the Green like in Earth 2.

Black Canary would be part Banshee.

Martian Manhunter would be some kinda changeling.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-28-2023 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    "Noir" Earth: Home to non-powered heroes like Batman, Green Arrow, original Black Canary. This is more street level. Vigilantes are hunted by the police. This is sort of like DC's old First Wave universe but with characters DC owns the rights to.

Earth 69 "LGBT Earth": Superman was raised by two lesbians, Joanna and Martha Kent. Joker is non-binary. Nubia is WW. Alan Scott is GL.

Earth 75: An Earth where Superman never came back from the dead and Conner officially became Superman.

"Techno-western" Earth: This is sort of like the old cartoon Bravestarr where you have a western universe with futuristic technology. Jonah Hex would be the main hero. Hoovercycles instead of horses. Blasters instead of guns.

Earth 63: A "Silver Age" Earth where it's like it's still the early sixties. The stories would be very SA. Superman playing pranks on his friends to hide his identity. Batman calls Robin "chum" and has costumes and gadgets for every occasion. It takes place in the early sixties.

Earth 43: An Earth where WW2 is still going on. The JSA is fighting Nazi subversives.

Earth 84: A "Bronze Age" Earth where Clark Kent is still a broadcaster for WGBS news. Jason Todd is still Robin. Supergirl has her headband. Barry's parents are still alive. Early eighties.

Earth 87: Post-Crisis, pre-Hawkworld Earth: Birthing Matrix Superman. Year One Batman. Perez Wonder Woman. Late eighties Earth.

Earth 95: Mid-nineties Earth. Mullet Superman. Post-Nightfall Batman. Artemis WW. Kyle Raynor GL. Wally West Flash. Matrix Supergirl. Connor Hawk GA.

Some of these are ideas I've suggested before but this could be a "backdoor" way of doing it.

Interesting ideas here, superduperman.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post

An Earth where WWII is still kind of going on is Earth X.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-X

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I would add Darkstar Ferrin Colos as the alien representat of an extraterrestrial force.

I had forget this team also was part of the 90s. I always saw the early 90's Titans (Dagon, Kilowatt, Redwing, Mirage, Terra 2, and Battalion) as the more 90s Titans team. Curiously, both teams shared the concept of being originated from an evil source and the Titans fighting for defeat that destiny.

Maybe there are space for the half Vuldarian Warrior, and the champion of the Q Order, Aztek.

Good job, sir, good job.
    Thanks. I appreciate your suggestions, especially the Darkstar one. I think I'll add him to the team, if it's okay with you.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    I’m with you on THAT one.
    I always thought it would be good to have a variety of banners these comics fell under. Several for each Earth.

First off, let's establish the style as a very silver-age/super friends style universe.

Several years ago the Legion of Doom banished the Justice League to another dimension. For a while the supervillains behaved like you'd expect, punishing their enemies, building statues of themselves, and renaming cities things like Riddlervania and Luthorville.

Then they gradually began to realize that they weren't the only supervillains on the planet. Just because they had conqoured the world doesn't mean other badguys and mad scientists wouldn't still try. So the Legion of Doom found themselves having to actually protect the world from other conquerors, as well as do all that other stuff the superheroes used to have to do, handle natural disasters, stop crimes (other people can't just go around committing crimes. That's for the Legion!)

As we first encounter the world, The Legion of Doom is in the midst of a prolonged interplanetary war with The Planet Apokalipse.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    First off, let's establish the style as a very silver-age/super friends style universe.

Several years ago the Legion of Doom banished the Justice League to another dimension. For a while the supervillains behaved like you'd expect, punishing their enemies, building statues of themselves, and renaming cities things like Riddlervania and Luthorville.

Then they gradually began to realize that they weren't the only supervillains on the planet. Just because they had conqoured the world doesn't mean other badguys and mad scientists wouldn't still try. So the Legion of Doom found themselves having to actually protect the world from other conquerors, as well as do all that other stuff the superheroes used to have to do, handle natural disasters, stop crimes (other people can't just go around committing crimes. That's for the Legion!)

As we first encounter the world, The Legion of Doom is in the midst of a prolonged interplanetary war with The Planet Apokalipse.
    That sounds kinda fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Thanks. I appreciate your suggestions, especially the Darkstar one. I think I'll add him to the team, if it's okay with you.
    Glad you liked. Please, feel free to use them, be my guest.

Peace
    And Love.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I always thought it would be good to have a variety of banners these comics fell under. Several for each Earth.
    Isn't the Multiversity Banner being used for such titles?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Isn't the Multiversity Banner being used for such titles?
    To be honest, all that Multiversity stuff I largely ignored. Orrey of worlds? Feh...lol. So if they are I wouldnt notice

That being said, I think there needs to be banners like "Earth 1: New Teen Titans". Or "Earth Two: All Star Squadron" etc....