Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    To be honest, all that Multiversity stuff I largely ignored. Orrey of worlds? Feh...lol. So if they are I wouldnt notice

That being said, I think there needs to be banners like "Earth 1: New Teen Titans". Or "Earth Two: All Star Squadron" etc....
    Maybe you ignored it, but maybe other people don't. And also it served for short miniseries.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

About thirty years ago, a couple found a dead baby in some strange machine in a field. No one knew where it came from or what the machine was. The baby was buried and for the most part forgotten about except for being mentioned in the occasional "weird and unexplained facts" list. Some say it was a government conspiracy, other blame aliens. Perhaps the truth will never be know.

Eight years later, one of Gotham's leading families, Thomas and Martha Wayne along with their young son Bruce were killed in a mugging gone wrong. Much of their fortune was left to their Butler who promptly left the city.

Themyscira was an island that prided itself on having never been touched by man. As of only a few years ago, they had to change that to "never been touched by living man," as the dead body of Steve Trevor was washed ashore. The Amazons considered this a bad omen that only strengthened their fear of the outside world.

Welcome to a World Without the Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    About thirty years ago, a couple found a dead baby in some strange machine in a field. No one knew where it came from or what the machine was. The baby was buried and for the most part forgotten about except for being mentioned in the occasional "weird and unexplained facts" list. Some say it was a government conspiracy, other blame aliens. Perhaps the truth will never be know.

Eight years later, one of Gotham's leading families, Thomas and Martha Wayne along with their young son Bruce were killed in a mugging gone wrong. Much of their fortune was left to their Butler who promptly left the city.

Themyscira was an island that prided itself on having never been touched by man. As of only a few years ago, they had to change that to "never been touched by living man," as the dead body of Steve Trevor was washed ashore. The Amazons considered this a bad omen that only strengthened their fear of the outside world.

Item 1 is surprisingly similar to the Amalgam Comics Super-Soldier. Some alien from an unknown planet dies while crashing on Earth. A govt team splices DNA from the dead alien into a Human to create the Super-Soldier. His shield is actually an armor plate from the ship IIRC. But the shield is the House of El logo. The costume is mostly like Cap. Teh weird part is it has a "frozen at the end of WW2 plot element, but also one of the fights in WW2 created a Kryptonite dust rain that blanketed most of Earth in a fine dust of K. It's a low level radiation so it only weakens him a little, but..... he can't get away from it. So he's close to Captain America power levels, but he can fly. At full power he's pretty much Superman, but with an indestructible shield.

This is all wishful thinking, but I’d love to see some collabs where DC characters are introduced as versions of themselves fitting these worlds:

Masters of the Universe x Justice League: Justice League heroes and villains introduced in forms from Eternia, Etheria, Infinita and Despondos.

Batfamily x Gatchaman: The Batfamily and villains introduced into the world of Gatchaman and Spectra.

Star Wars x Justice League: Justice League heroes and villains are introduced in forms that fit into the Star Wars universe.

Wonder Woman x My Little Pony: Wonder Woman and her characters get adapted into ponies when Maneyscira reveals itself to Equestria.

Dungeons & Dragons x Justice League: Justice League characters and villains are styled as the races and classes of characters from D&D and they come together to go on a campaign.

I'm sure it's been done and I just don't remember it or missed it, but I'd enjoy seeing an Earth based on the Superman radio series. Krypton is on the other side of our sun and Kal-El arrives on Earth as an adult. Lots of potential for stories here, which could be set in the 40s or a contemporary setting.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't consider 5G a take on Ultimate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I wouldn't consider 5G a take on Ultimate.
    Take it up with him then. I think he thought Jon was going to be DC's Miles Morales and that 5G was the vehicle to making him.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 03-05-2023 at 10:40 AM.

Another I would like to see is one where the Legion of Super Heroes is not the certain future and various alternative possibilities could be explored?

Astonishing Member

One in which the Lsh switch eras with The Jla or Jsa so that the Lsh would be contemporaries of the 20th or 21 centuries and would fight nazi forces during ww2. And characters like Alan and Jay will have been born in the 30th or 31st century.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Another I would like to see is one where the Legion of Super Heroes is not the certain future and various alternative possibilities could be explored?
    With the *vast* (and ever-growing) number of alternate pasts various DC characters have, it's always been my assumption that the Legion future was every bit as fungible as it's past, and that no matter what happened this week in the present day, the Legion future should be 100% immune to any consequences, since, historically, any change at all (Superman is the *only* survivor of Krypton! Superman never adventured as a teen! The Green Lantern Corps all died and Sodam Yat is the only one! Barry Allen and Kara Zor-El are dead, dead, dead and that will never change!) is 100% guaranteed to survive only as long as a single writer's tenure, and sometimes not even that!

But yes, if it's easier for people at DC who are somehow inexplicably unaware of how DC has worked *for decades* to say, 'The Legion is on Earth L4, and stuff that happens on Earth 1 or Earth Prime doesn't necessarily matter to them.' then yes, go ahead and tattoo that on the back of their dominant hands, so that they have to see it every time they pick up a pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    With the *vast* (and ever-growing) number of alternate pasts various DC characters have, it's always been my assumption that the Legion future was every bit as fungible as it's past, and that no matter what happened this week in the present day, the Legion future should be 100% immune to any consequences, since, historically, any change at all (Superman is the *only* survivor of Krypton! Superman never adventured as a teen! The Green Lantern Corps all died and Sodam Yat is the only one! Barry Allen and Kara Zor-El are dead, dead, dead and that will never change!) is 100% guaranteed to survive only as long as a single writer's tenure, and sometimes not even that!

But yes, if it's easier for people at DC who are somehow inexplicably unaware of how DC has worked *for decades* to say, 'The Legion is on Earth L4, and stuff that happens on Earth 1 or Earth Prime doesn't necessarily matter to them.' then yes, go ahead and tattoo that on the back of their dominant hands, so that they have to see it every time they pick up a pencil.
    But that is just the thing. If the whole point of going through all these...sterling examples of great storytelling over the last 20 years was to get the Multiverse back, then let's explore different futures. Every single one of them has the Legion of Super Heroes no matter what events transpire? If it is is infinite earths with infinite possibilities then lets see where they might go. Like what would Atlantis not sinking mean for the present and how might this ripple into the future? What if the Kick never happened and New Themyscira remained and served as mediator and educator for all planes and all transcendent entities? What if New Krypton ....blah blah.

Of course there would also be verses I would think where Superboy and the Legion continued as they were or maybe even began earlier or had different origins. Or a verse that featured a timeline where the Monitor stopped the AntiMonitor and the Crisis never happened.

If we're gonna Multiverse, then let's Multiverse. That doesn't mean pooping any of the properties.

a reimagining of the DCU for the 2020s.

The mantles have new owners in a more mystical centered universe.

It's what's James Robinson's Earth 2 was trying to do but more further and closer to God's and Monsters.

It could be a followup to Sutekh's mystical origin earth we were discussing a few pages back.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-07-2023 at 07:44 AM.

I wish DC would do more with their pastiche Marvel Earths. Since the Ultimates are invading over at Marvel soon, DC should do their own version.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

I know that you made that prompt as a "World without the trinity" but its also a good start for a "RUINS" version of dc as well interestingly enough.

I also remembered that there was a book "Trinity" where it was Triumph, and Tommorow Woman filling those spots
    In the 2009 52-issue weekly miniseries Trinity, Triumph was revealed as alive in the warped reality created by the forceful extraction of the Trinity formed by Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. There, he was a member of Justice Society International[10] and had camaraderie with fellow hero and Trinity stand-in the Tomorrow Woman.

That being said I think about things like that all the time.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I wish DC would do more with their pastiche Marvel Earths. Since the Ultimates are invading over at Marvel soon, DC should do their own version.
    It would be interesting to see the Retaliators fighting the Essentials. But it should be as a comedy , a fun parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I know that you made that prompt as a "World without the trinity" but its also a good start for a "RUINS" version of dc as well interestingly enough.
    I think than Flashpoint was kind that.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin