Default One-Minute War Part 4 Spoilers/Discussion (Flash 793)

To quote the Flash, yeah I know I am late. Anyway if I were to describe this issue it would be where everything starts to take a turn, and not necessarily for the better. See after last issue our Flash family have a plan to attack the Fraction head on and bring them down after getting their hands on some Fraction tech and integrate it into the one piece of tech no one saw coming....Wally's freaking car. Yeah remember that car that Wally has in his Flash lair, yeah Adams bring that back around as part of his story. I mean personally there is a lot more to this story then the speed mobile, we also get a lot of great character moments.

We also get some really great character moments, such as Jessie and Irey being Flash girls together, Bart and Ace, and Wally and Barry. Oh and its pretty clear that the events of this story have been going on a while now. I say that because Linda is clearly more pregnant then she was so that has to mean that they have been at this for a few months. But honestly I really like all the character work that Adams has going on with this big collection of characters as they deal with the events that are going down. Action is cool but character is really where its at here and if you love the Flash family being a family then you got it here.

Oh but I said this takes a turn didn't I...yeah so that frontal assault don't play out like the characters hoped leading to probably a bad time coming for Jay, Ace, Bart, and Max. Oh and whatever it is that happened to Wally. Yes I am being super vague because part of me thinks you should just read it and see cool stuff but I also want to talk about it. Either way next issue is the Irey issue, so I can't wait to see what happens then and how this story picks up from that ending.

P.S. some people last time were talking about Superman so let me clear things up. He's trying to catch up, he's super fast but he's not connected to the speed force so others are standing still while he's going ultra slowmo.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Something tells me Irey's interactions with Jesse here will inspire her new identity. Either something to do with "way of the heart", or something related to Jesse herself.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Something tells me Irey's interactions with Jesse here will inspire her new identity. Either something to do with "way of the heart", or something related to Jesse herself.
    The stress on Thunder in this panel is sus:

Especially when you remember her new costume is basically a red bodysuit with a giant, yellow lightning bolt:

[And before you inevitably point out there's already a character called "Thunder", there was a speedster called Bolt in the Titans Academy series not long ended, didn't stop Priest calling Black Adam Jr "Bolt"!]

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Barry's characterization during this storyline has felt a little off.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

I didn't think it was off, but it sorry of drinks from one of my less favorite periods of him (post Iris death, ubber pragmatic serious Barry)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

It's like Perfect Storm double-time.

BANNED

Kind of, but he's only been in a normal frame of mind for the first part, so the rest I guess can be explained by grief and shock.

Incredible Member

I thought it was good. I like that it addresses that Barry and Iris clearly know they should be married but have hesitated for some reason.

Kidnapped guy is clearly the third West kid

And Superman trying to literally get up to speed was pretty great

All I can say is In Adams We Trust

Must be - why else would he not have mentioned his name? Because the family would definitely be asking for spoilers if he revealed his name was West. Heck, we saw Ace do so in this issue, he asked Bart how it ends... but of course he didn't know (Bart said it's because he didn't pay attention, but it makes sense given that the timeline has changed - and his cousin XS's team the Legion of Super-Heroes rebooted - a few times since he arrived in the present).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-24-2023 at 03:19 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman