Default Give Chris Claremont a Rico and Ziggy Karst book!

Since we have not seen those two at all on Krakoa. Let CC play in the sandbox with them!

Mighty Member

Who are they?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I always love Claremont and think Gambit and X-Treme X-Men have some of his strongest writing in years... but a Rico and Ziggy Karst book probably wouldn't be my priority LOL

If I had my way I'd put him on a current-era book STAT, I realize he might not necessarily agree with the current setup but I would love to get his take on Krakoa and the current state of things.

I reckon a book like Marauders with characters doing adventuring around the world and pulling search and rescue's would be up his alley. Especially with Claremont having such strong affinity for some of its characters (Shadowcat, Bishop, Aurora), with some others who would benefit immensely from his ability to flesh out and make you care about a character (Psylocke, Tempo, Fang)

I think this is a great idea. Keep him on something I would never want to read.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

As much as I love Chris i think I could do without him doing a book that takes place in modern stories tbh
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Claremont is a creator, he can create his own universe (of mutants) and make interesting stories… Compared to the era when he was the sole X-men author, the current era is a heterogenous patchwork of different sensitivities. Why adding another one?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Ziggy needs to return. Let's put her intelligence to use on a team book. Or maybe as part of some Krakoan think tank or tech squad. Maybe have her on an anti-AI mission, which might put her in the crosshairs of the Trask family.

Rico is fine where he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.