Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Rumblers League: Thread to Gauge Interest

Given that my idea for a more traditional tournament didn't take off, I'll give this a whirl.

I want to start a new Rumblers League, but this one will differ to make it easier on everyone (especially me). Here's how it would work.

- I'd stick with live-action stuff. It's more manageable, more finite, easier to gauge feats, the power level is generally lower and less silly, it's easier to imagine the characters interacting, and I simply prefer it.
    - There'd be no arguing. I tire of it quickly. Once matches are posted with strategies, the participants in the matches each get to send their rebuttals to me (or another user) via DM. Their opponent will not see it until it's in the thread. It would mean there's less aggression and less need to look at your match while it's up constantly. All debate would come from other leaguers.
    - Usual power limits of live-action DCEU Superman and so forth.
    - Everyone would get one forum post to add new characters and items to the character and item lists - and all of their additions would have to be added in that one post (easier manageability).
    - Matches would be every couple of weeks rather than weekly. Again, it makes the whole thing less demanding.
    - A draft would take place as usual.
    - Voted-based system to decide match-winners.
    - Rather than run it alone, I'd appreciate a helper. This isn't essential but would be preferable.

Summary: I'd like a more casual, laid-back, less demanding, friendlier league that doesn't get tiresome fast (due to arguing, people being unable to commit etc).

If anyone would be interested, let me know. If not, fair enough!

Potential Participants
    KJS
    The MunchKING
    Jcogginsa
    Cleric of Hell’s Brigade
    Darth Drizzle
    TheBookDragon
    Stigmazilla
    Last edited by KJS; 03-13-2023 at 06:04 AM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

No arguing?? *GASP!*

Live Action still isn't my strong suit, but if you get enough people, I'll try to string together a team.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    No arguing?? *GASP!*

Live Action still isn't my strong suit, but if you get enough people, I'll try to string together a team.
    It'd be good to have you back.

Extraordinary Member

I'd be willing to give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I'd be willing to give it a go
    Good stuff, that’s three.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Wish I had the bandwidth!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Wish I had the bandwidth!
    It would be a lot less demanding than it used to be, if that helps! You'd obviously be very welcome.

How big of teams are we talking about? The last one was just too many for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Probably kick things off with a maximum of six team members, a minimum of four, and 80 credits (with the highest-costing characters and items being 10 credits each).

Without items to give items sentience, I can't make 30+ character teams anymore.

So, if I wanted Lobo from Krypton with his hook, Sauron from Rings of Power, and Jack Kline from season 15 of Supernatural, could I?

So, if I wanted Lobo from Krypton with his hook, Sauron from Rings of Power, and Jack Kline from season 15 of Supernatural, could I?
    Are all of them weaker than Man of Steel Superman and live Action (I honestly don't know two of those shows)? If so then yes!

You'll be given the option of adding characters and items to a pre-existing list from an older live-action league.

If those characters fall within the limits, you can add them to the list and they'd be options in the draft (assuming they are indeed within the power limits). If nobody picked any of them before you (which is more than possible, as there are hundreds/maybe thousands of characters and items to choose from), they'd be options for you to pick. Couldn't guarantee that you'd get them, as it's a draft in which we take turns to pick, but it's likely that you would.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Are all of them weaker than Man of Steel Superman and live Action (I honestly don't know two of those shows)? If so then yes!
    Well, no Jack Kline then. Kid became God of the Supernatural multiverse. Sauron... Jury is kind of out on him right now, but he's at least a few thousand years old. Lobo, well, he's immortal and can regenerate on a cartoon level.

Well, no Jack Kline then. Kid became God of the Supernatural multiverse. Sauron... Jury is kind of out on him right now, but he's at least a few thousand years old. Lobo, well, he's immortal and can regenerate on a cartoon level.
    You'll (literally) have thousands of other characters to pick from - many of whom you'll be able to add to the draft list yourself - so there'll still be plenty of choice.