Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Claremont was the highlight for me, I loved watching that bomb get lobbed. At first I felt bad for the host, because hhhawkward, but now I decidedly don’t. And guessing from the G&R mini artwork I’m guessing Gambit gets beat to death which explains where he ends up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    would you mind sharing? I was not able to attend or follow the event
    I did not catch the other comments, but the parting comment was literally "remember, Gambit's a creep. Bye!"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    would you mind sharing? I was not able to attend or follow the event
    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I did not catch the other comments, but the parting comment was literally "remember, Gambit's a creep. Bye!"
    Yep, as cranger said, the host for this event literally ended the event with the above comment about Gambit being "a creep". He also made two digs at gambit when he was talking about some action figures people could win. When talking about a three pack that included Banshee, Gambit, and Psylocke he said "We have a two pack of great heroes that also, somehow, includes Gambit, I don't know", and then when talking about that three pack later did another little dig at Gambit. It was annoying. I honestly feel like he abused his position and responsibility as host to make fun of a popular X-Men character just because he personally doesn't like the character.
    Last edited by thjan; 03-16-2023 at 07:00 PM.

Mighty Member

There was an Uncanny Avengers cover with Rogue on it? Who was the rest of the team? Someone mentioned Deadpool.

It's the group on the Free Comic Book Day cover we already saw. Pic's in the new Uncanny Avengers thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Yep, as cranger said, the host for this event literally ended the event with the above comment about Gambit being "a creep". He also made two digs at gambit when he was talking about some action figures people could win. When talking about a three pack that included Banshee, Gambit, and Psylocke he said "We have a two pack of great heroes that also, somehow, includes Gambit, I don't know", and then when talking about that three pack later did another little dig at Gambit. It was annoying. I honestly feel like he abused his position and responsibility as host to make fun of a popular X-Men character just because he personally doesn't like the character.
    It sucks when people at the company like shitting on your favorite character, I can definitely relate, but remember this guy basically only posts on Twitter. He doesn't have anything to do with the books.

it ended?

Anymore reveal?

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

Also Kate, Sunspot, and Iceman have some big stories coming. Firestar and Magik have some great moments coming as well
    Is Jean actually exposing more of her chest than Emma is? Not that Emma isn't trying hard but...although otherwise that outfit looks off. Hope seems more sensibly dressed than Jen which is something I never thought I'd say.

Also is that Kitty next to Exodus? Something pirate-inspired again?

I wonder if we're finally going to find out why Kitty can't go through a portal?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It sucks when people at the company like shitting on your favorite character, I can definitely relate, but remember this guy basically only posts on Twitter. He doesn't have anything to do with the books.
    Yeah, I was very glad we didn't get stuff like this from the actual creators and editors. That would have been truly awful.

Ugghhh I can't stand Agent M ... honestly what a jerk!

I'm kinda sick of the Gambit hating X-Men podcasters in general. They really make me feel unwelcome and unwanted in the X-Men fandom. Even Conner G with his "Gambivalence" statement and then the crappy episode on Gambit where he couldn't even get an enthusiastic fan for the interview. I just keep dropping them from my podcasts. Honestly Al Kennedy and Miles on X-Plain lately has been a welcome break.

I guess I'm not surprised that Uncanny Avengers is relaunching or even that it's with Duggan yet again ... sighs ... I dunno. I want Rogue with the X-Men and with a writer who will actually use her, which Duggan hardly did at all in a year of X-Men issues. It feels very regressive.

If we had the current team from Captain Marvel and not Duggan, I'd be more into it.

Seriously the only thing that excited me much for news was the Beau DeMayo hints for X-Men'97.

Any resume of the news?

The thingie ended?

Astonishing Member

Did anyone happen to know the precise context of the tidbit about Iceman? Did they say he has a major story coming up or was it more like major moments? Just trying to gauge my expectations, see if there's a sense of like....a dedicated storyline coming up for him or more just high-profile moments like his spotlight issue earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Any resume of the news?

The thingie ended?
    Nope. It ended about an hour ago.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Just so disrespectful and mean spirited. I just get tired sometimes as a Gambit fan. This was an event to celebrate 60 years of X-Men, but my fun and enjoyment was partially spoiled by his little comments and digs at my favorite character in the X-Men, who just so happened to be pretty important at times in the last 30 years of X-Men history. Just left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth metaphorically speaking. All fans should have been able to enjoy this without the things they like best being made fun of(and more than once too).
    The Gambit bashing really felt weird.

The guy managed to carry multiple solo books to the 12 issue mark, which even some hyped up team books no longer manage to do these days. Which showcases that what ever one likes or dislikes him, he HAS a noticable fanbase.

So trying to make it sound like he is a character who the majority of X-men fans agree should be bashed, sounds distanced from reality or trying to conjur an idea that isn't actualy supported by evidence.

If it was meant as a running joke, it doesn't sound particular funny and if it was a personal bias by the presenter it comes across as unprofessional.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Ooh it's Maddie. joy.

The comics side of the business has been bad and unengaging at promotion for years. Not too surprising.

If nothing else, it's nice to see the X-legends all looking healthy and lively.

They should give Silvestry a project.
    It was a waste. X-Men 97 and Fall of X were just teased. At least show a new trailer.