Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Yeah it was a little light on news but honestly hearing all the creators talk was such a treat. I didn't comment on what they said much because I was just enthralled by them most of the time. It was fun (minus the Gambit shade) and here's one link where you can watch it if you missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlSI4oOu2iA
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah it was a little light on news but honestly hearing all the creators talk was such a treat. I didn't comment on what they said much because I was just enthralled by them most of the time. It was fun (minus the Gambit shade) and here's one link where you can watch it if you missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlSI4oOu2iA
    Thanks for the link !
    I was not expecting lots of news so I'm ok listening to interviews (although I generally prefer reading them XD ).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ugghhh I can't stand Agent M ... honestly what a jerk!

I'm kinda sick of the Gambit hating X-Men podcasters in general. They really make me feel unwelcome and unwanted in the X-Men fandom. Even Conner G with his "Gambivalence" statement and then the crappy episode on Gambit where he couldn't even get an enthusiastic fan for the interview. I just keep dropping them from my podcasts. Honestly Al Kennedy and Miles on X-Plain lately has been a welcome break.

I guess I'm not surprised that Uncanny Avengers is relaunching or even that it's with Duggan yet again ... sighs ... I dunno. I want Rogue with the X-Men and with a writer who will actually use her, which Duggan hardly did at all in a year of X-Men issues. It feels very regressive.

If we had the current team from Captain Marvel and not Duggan, I'd be more into it.

Seriously the only thing that excited me much for news was the Beau DeMayo hints for X-Men'97.
    Yeah, he's pretty icky, and kinda creeps me out TBH. Perhaps he'll get a taste of his own medicine, once karma comes around, if it hasn't already.

And speaking of them, aka CerebroCast, aka creator & leader of the "Zala" gang (smh, LAME!), I'm with ya, not a fan. Do you, or anybody else for that matter, know if they're... Tini Howard's agent? 'Cause that would eXplain A LOT, as to the cozy li'l arrangement they seem to have w/the X-office, in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The Gambit bashing really felt weird.

The guy managed to carry multiple solo books to the 12 issue mark, which even some hyped up team books no longer manage to do these days. Which showcases that what ever one likes or dislikes him, he HAS a noticable fanbase.

So trying to make it sound like he is a character who the majority of X-men fans agree should be bashed, sounds distanced from reality or trying to conjur an idea that isn't actualy supported by evidence.

If it was meant as a running joke, it doesn't sound particular funny and if it was a personal bias by the presenter it comes across as unprofessional.
    BEYOND, and he's not alone - watta TURNOFF! And I mean that in every way imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    boring event...

also Jean's fashion choice in a nutshell:

Attachment 130236

Is Jean trying to have a Jennifer Lopez Grammy dress moment?
    Yeah, it was a bit of a yawner, for the most part. And HA, that's a funny (the kitty pic) & fairly apt comparison, they're trying so hard w/her.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 03-17-2023 at 06:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh wonderful, thanks for sharing!

Lol marvel really announced a avengers book at the x-men event that is supposed to celebrate the x-men’s 60th anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Lol marvel really announced a avengers book at the x-men event that is supposed to celebrate the x-men’s 60th anniversary
    yes, in particular after Cyclops just recently destroyed the Avengers with a single sentence....I'm really not here for a "unity book" called Avengers. lol I want M and Rogue back on the X-Men roster though...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    yes, in particular after Cyclops just recently destroyed the Avengers with a single sentence....
    Something or someone must need avenging.

Gala is sounding more and more foreboding.

BANNED

They titled that book Uncanny. That's is also buthurting bc it's supposed to be 60th anniversary for that title. I don't care how x-fandom care so much about this. It's simply insulting

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

This is the 3rd time the Avengers office is stealing Rogue away from us.

They should have given te title to the X-Office and have only former members on who were part of both teams. So most the cast can stay except Cap America, let him be replaced by Manifold, Cannonball or Sunfire.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

With all the Gambit bashing and unprofessional behavior from Agent M, I really don't want to watch the whole thing. Mercury said Morrison and Hickman were really showing the love to Hank, where on the video does that happen?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    With all the Gambit bashing and unprofessional behavior from Agent M, I really don't want to watch the whole thing. Mercury said Morrison and Hickman were really showing the love to Hank, where on the video does that happen?
    It starts at 1:58:32

When did it become "cool" to bash Gambit? I always thought he was really popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Thankfully he didn't do it during the conversations with the creators, only during breaks when he promoted the toys. But Morrison and Hickman start talking about Beast around 1:58:30.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Thankfully he didn't do it during the conversations with the creators, only during breaks when he promoted the toys. But Morrison and Hickman start talking about Beast around 1:58:30.
    Interesting. Morrison considers Beast bipolar.

It starts at 1:58:32
    Well, that gave me hope when he said Hank will have an ascendant arc and be redeemed, only to probably be faced with another impossible situation and turn into a villain again. I don't like how that guy said the X-Men are all about suffering and that fans need that pain. I mean, what the hell?! I have enough pain in my real life, I read comics to escape. That's why I quit reading back in 2009, because everything seemed to be too miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Interesting. Morrison considers Beast bipolar.
    I've long thought that. He really needs to sit down with Jean or Emma(maybe both) and work through his many, many, issues.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.