Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Immoral X-Men #1 Review/Spoilers

We open with the preview, as Sinister!Xavier telepathically takes out a human resistance cell led by Nick Fury in New Essex.

Emma narrates the issue in the style of an Immortal issue.

Hope calls a Quiet Council meeting to discuss further the plan to go to war in space she mentioned in the last issue. They meet telepathically in a space projected by Emma -- she makes it look like a fetish BDSM dungeon. She's given herself a cybernetic hand like her father. Sinister mentions that Hope doesn't clones ell

A data page shows out scenarios of how the galaxy will eventually attack Earth now that they're growing powerful. In the next 10 years it will likely be through a proxy or renegade faction being funded by a bigger faction. In 10-30 years it will be a war from a major power like the Shi'ar or Kree/Skrull Empire. It'll be hard to survive if they haven't expanded beyond Earth.

30+ years, if they're still standing, two of the major powers will join together to take out Earth.

At the current rate, Hope thinks they'll lose somewhere in the 10-30 years range, unless they act proactively and "build bigger guns".

Sinister is still the one who doesn't take the space threat seriously. He's still thinking about how to get out of the reality he's trapped in, and he's frustrated that the other Sinisters have too much of their original personalities and autonomy. He creates a clone of himself to bounce ideas off of.

He has a psychic failsafe that would kill all of his Sinisters, but the trigger to activate it is in his secret lab with the Moiras. He decides he will manually update and reinsert a control protocol into each Sinister QC member. He kills the clone as he can't trust himself.

At night, Sinister sneaks in to stick Emma with a vaccine in a vial. However, Emma still sleeps in diamond form (as seen in Immortal X-Men #4) but was using Mastermind to make herself look like she was vulnerable.

Sinister runs. A data page outlines each of the places he might be and who should go check there. (One of the locations is the Celestial Abyss, where Mother Righteous is hiding.) Emma finds him in his own lab in Westchester, revealing she knew where he was going from a surface scan but wanted to get there first.

Sinister blasts off Emma's diamond arm. She prepared for that with a "Logan patch" on her arm which allows her to regrow it, referencing when he previously cut off her arm in Gillen's original Uncanny run.

Sinister releases a lot of Scott chimeras, but Emma controls them and attacks Sinister with a chain whip.

Sinister warns that all 11 QC Sinisters will turn on each other before long, and Emma says she knows. Sinister "said the quiet part out loud." There can only be one queen in the end.

She is about to kill Sinister when he shows her a hologram of Rasputin IV, offering her the power of his next generation of Chimeras, the gun that will let them win a war with the Kree/Skrull Empire.

Emma makes Sinister beg, then sends the details of his proposal to the Council. They unanimously vote to bring Sinister back in for his creations. It's clear that the truce between the Council members will not last forever.

Thanks for the recap! This was a good issue for Emma to flex and Gillen said in his newsletter today that it's her second highlight issue. Seems the next two issues will highlight two others? I do wish this issue advanced the overall plot a little more but it did introduce the Rasputin-era chimeras.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The Claremont vibes were astronomical in this issue, havent read a xmen book this bdsm-ish in a long time.

Im guessing each immoral issue will be narrated by someone, so next issue Rasputin gets the POV and possibly Exodus or Sinister in issue 3.

Dont have much else to say other than, I cant wait to see what Hope and Emma look like in the 10 year time jump. How old would hope even be at that point? Late 20’s early 30’s???
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Thanks for the recap! This was a good issue for Emma to flex and Gillen said in his newsletter today that it's her second highlight issue. Seems the next two issues will highlight two others? I do wish this issue advanced the overall plot a little more but it did introduce the Rasputin-era chimeras.
    I remember Kieron stating in a previous xmen monday that this issue was going to illustrate just how screwed Sinister is, and I think this issue shows that albeit not perfectly but, we do see how much sh*t Sinister is in and how everything is biting him in the butt.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Now I miss Claremont Sinister where he took on X-Factor and the X-Men.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I remember Kieron stating in a previous xmen monday that this issue was going to illustrate just how screwed Sinister is, and I think this issue shows that albeit not perfectly but, we do see how much sh*t Sinister is in and how everything is biting him in the butt.
    I also felt this issue did some needed work in showing-not-telling exactly what the Sinisterization means and the extent to which people keep their personalities.

This was pretty decent. Really liked the Hope stuff and references to her dad (the cybernetic hand, the wanting bigger guns). That was fun. Love their father-daughter dynamic.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    That's true, it very much did paint how dire Sinister's self-inflicted position is. He really seems to have no foreseeable way out of this mess.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Overall this was a pretty good issue and Emma was fantastic. So far I admit this crossover has been better than I thought it would end up being.

I have a question, and it's bugged me since Immortal 4.

How does Emma sleep in diamond form? I was under the impression that her diamond form gave her unlimited endurance and produced 0 fatigue toxins.

So is it like a fake sleep where she's just closing her eyes but still fully aware? Can she just force herself to sleep in diamond form?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

How does Emma sleep in diamond form? I was under the impression that her diamond form gave her unlimited endurance and produced 0 fatigue toxins.

So is it like a fake sleep where she's just closing her eyes but still fully aware? Can she just force herself to sleep in diamond form?
    Most likely the latter or some form of meditation.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

I'm pretty sure fatigue toxins aren't a real thing so that's probably some of how...

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Most likely the latter or some form of meditation.
    Yeah, that's what I figured.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I'm pretty sure fatigue toxins aren't a real thing so that's probably some of how...
    Lmao!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Poor Ruckus.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I did not like this issue. Pretty Boring. Maybe it’s because I’m just sick of Sinister. But I’m happy we got some Emma Frost focus. Love to see it!!!
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.