Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I would like 616's Peter meeting her counterpart in the Ultimate Universe, honestly.

And personally, there's one plot I would like to be solved in this reality but that was practically forgotten: Mary Jane injected with the OZ formula. She was turned into the Ultimate DemoGoblin, apparently cured by Reed Richards, but then there were clues hitting the curee may not be complete.

Ultimate Jessica Drew gives me some doubts. She technically is a mix between Jessica Drew AND Ben Reilly, but right now, there's another potential/possible counterpart for her: Teresa Parker, the "undecided" sister of Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Honestly, if they do, it would be a loss. The 616 origin hasn't even been depicted yet.
    Er, didn't the annual between the end of Bendis's run and the start of Ahmed's show that? It's set during Secret Invasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Thinking if there's anything on the Spidey-side that the 616 can salvage like it did with Miles\Thor's hammer back in Secret Wars.

Jess Drew is a biggie. Ultimate Gwen would be fun--she could really mess with Peter\MJ\Norman. She also has a good "canon" reason to cross over--being part-symbiote allows her to bear travelling thru the multiverse.

That's, uhh, all I got. None of the baddies seen compelling or unique enough to repurpose
    Ultimate Gwen has a symbiote too? That's the same as Spider-Gwen.

Jessica Drew doesn't really have a 616 counterpart, she only shares her name with 616 Jessica and nothing else. She's more like Ben Reilly, with elements of pre-retcon X-23, i.e. gender swapped clone.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Er, didn't the annual between the end of Bendis's run and the start of Ahmed's show that? It's set during Secret Invasion.
    Ultimate Gwen has a symbiote too? That's the same as Spider-Gwen.

Jessica Drew doesn't really have a 616 counterpart, she only shares her name with 616 Jessica and nothing else. She's more like Ben Reilly, with elements of pre-retcon X-23, i.e. gender swapped clone.
    I think the current Ultimate Gwen was a clone of Carnage...until Venom absorbed her symbiote half into himself.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

It's been a while, might've forgotten or missed it tbh.

The recap pages usually read like they're referring to the 1610 origin in a roundabout way.
    Last edited by Webhead; 03-01-2023 at 07:38 PM.

Is this going to be a crossover with 616?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Is this going to be a crossover with 616?
    The cover and preview pages feature 616 character--the ex-Illuminati from 2012's New Avengers, and the wayward Miles Morales

Fantastic Member

I'll check this out since it's got an ending. I'm still a little salty about how Hickman dipped out of the X-Men line and took my interest in the books with him though

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    It's been a while, might've forgotten or missed it tbh.

The recap pages usually read like they're referring to the 1610 origin in a roundabout way.
    Yeah it technically came out about 3 months after Bendis' run wrapped up. It's pretty blatant that it was Marvel testing the waters of soft-rebooting Miles' origin to be 616-compliant before changing their mind on it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    And personally, there's one plot I would like to be solved in this reality but that was practically forgotten: Mary Jane injected with the OZ formula. She was turned into the Ultimate DemoGoblin, apparently cured by Reed Richards, but then there were clues hitting the curee may not be complete.
    Good memory. That ending still haunts me to this very day...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Good memory. That ending still haunts me to this very day...
    Indeed. PTSD is hell, even without the possibility that Reed's cure might not have fully taken.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Since we're talking about loose ends...
    Was there ever a follow up on The Beetle stealing Venom for Dr. Doom? And whatever happened to Eddie after this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Was there ever a follow up on The Beetle stealing Venom for Dr. Doom? And whatever happened to Eddie after this?
    That's a very good question. As far as I recall, we never quite saw Eddie Brock again, but we got a new Venom in the Miles Morales period who got Miles's mother Rio killed, as the police opened fire on him and she was caught in the crossfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a very good question. As far as I recall, we never quite saw Eddie Brock again, but we got a new Venom in the Miles Morales period who got Miles's mother Rio killed, as the police opened fire on him and she was caught in the crossfire.
    I've read it years ago but I don't remember where this new Venom came from. Probably from Roxxon?

Didn't Eddie turn into a pile of bones? Venom was eating it's hosts because without spider bite durability people can't survive bonded very long. It's why Venom was looking for Parker so hard when he tracked down Jefferson and Rio.

I've read it years ago but I don't remember where this new Venom came from. Probably from Roxxon?
    Yeah, he was a scientist working for Roxxon before bonding with Venom.