Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Didn't Eddie turn into a pile of bones? Venom was eating it's hosts because without spider bite durability people can't survive bonded very long. It's why Venom was looking for Parker so hard when he tracked down Jefferson and Rio.
    I don't think he did, at least it never happened on panel. The last time we saw him getting captured by Beetle, whatever happened to him next is a complete mystery. Also could be two different Venoms? I don't know, haha.
    Again, if there were some details in Miles Morales comic, my memory is too vague about it.

OZ-powered immortal Peter and MJ fighting Venom-possessed Beetle when?

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    OZ-powered immortal Peter and MJ fighting Venom-possessed Beetle when?
    People complain so much about OMD but Ultimate Peter basically becoming Immortal is barely talked about. This is the single worst retcon/twist I've ever seen. Completely devalues entire story, since Peter could survive anything and there was no real danger for him. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    People complain so much about OMD but Ultimate Peter basically becoming Immortal is barely talked about. This is the single worst retcon/twist I've ever seen. Completely devalues entire story, since Peter could survive anything and there was no real danger for him. Ugh.
    Eh, it could've been interesting to explore it, but it read like a throwaway development - the whole universe was getting the axe anyway. I doubt it'll be kept canon if Ultimate Peter returns.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I always took Ultimate Peter's resurrection as Bendis getting overly sentimental at the last moment. Kind of like how he introduced that clone of Gwen who conveniently got all of Gwen's memories up to her death because he regretted killer her off.

If Ultimate Peter were to ever return I'd sooner they reveal that he was a clone all along and he's the proper Ultimate Ben Reilly.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Not to mention Norman.

I'm sure Harry would've come back at some point .

People complain so much about OMD but Ultimate Peter basically becoming Immortal is barely talked about. This is the single worst retcon/twist I've ever seen. Completely devalues entire story, since Peter could survive anything and there was no real danger for him.
    I see what you're saying. But I think Peter would still care about the not immortal supporting cast and bystanders who do still face real danger. From a point of view, we know Peter has plot armour so making the plot armour diegetic might be worth exploring.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Astonishing Member

I thought he just can't grow into an old man? Not that he can't be killed or injured.

Mighty Member

That was dumb, but Ultimate Peter Parker had a conclusive ending anyway. I'd rather just remember USM #160 instead of #200.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    I see what you're saying. But I think Peter would still care about the not immortal supporting cast and bystanders who do still face real danger. From a point of view, we know Peter has plot armour so making the plot armour diegetic might be worth exploring.
    Some of the scenes are not nearly as impactful when you know he's immortal. Like him taking a bullet for Captain America. Or this one.
    RCO012.jpg
    We as readers worry about him even if he's a comic book character and we know he's not going to die. Still- he's just a normal guy who was shot and who's bleeding out. Now? Well... it's still the same PLUS we know for sure he's immortal. Still sad, he still is clearly suffering tho, I don't want to sound like monster lmao.

If you need another example, it's Batman and Superman for me. You can't shoot Superman. Not with regular bullets. You can shoot Batman. Technically you can. And you can even hurt him. It just no one can. But when someone does, we as readers are surprised/shocked/want to know what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I thought he just can't grow into an old man? Not that he can't be killed or injured.
    He died and came back. His explanation was "Goblin serum I guess? Norman does it every other Tuesday, I can do it as well". He can be injured, but he can't die. He will come back. Same goes for Goblin. Not sure about Harry because I haven't seen him come back, but it could easily be explained- the whole "Harry becomes Hobgoblin" situation was very weird, no one even knows for sure if Harry took the Goblin serum (he probably should have?? Otherwise I don't how to explainhim turning into a giant Goblin-like monster).

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    That was dumb, but Ultimate Peter Parker had a conclusive ending anyway. I'd rather just remember USM #160 instead of #200.
    Absolutely same.
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 03-03-2023 at 05:23 PM.

If I remember right Harry got hit with some of the serum during the explosion where Norman got it...or maybe it was gradual when Norman came back and basically brainwashed Harry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Hickman? Ultimate Universe? Special focus on Miles and the Maker? Count me in.

Glad to see Miles getting so much focus this year, happy for him.

Also...I hope we'll get to see him again. (Need him to make fun of 616 Peter's life lmao)

Attachment 129690
    Miles and company need to return to the Ultimate Universe. Spider-Gwen should accompany Miles there as well. What I want to see is for Miles, Gwen, and Ultimate Peter Parker work as a team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Good memory. That ending still haunts me to this very day...
    You are not the only one, pal.

Being immortal doesn't mean he's immune to pain. Also, being immortal would mean Peter will be trapped in a nightmare where he will see all his beloved ones to die. It doesn't devalues the story so much.