Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The Ultimate stuff is pretty much the only Hickman stuff I've enjoyed, so this is an easy buy for me.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

This is what I needed

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So this is seemingly moreso a sequel to Secret Wars rather than a fullblown revival for the Ultimate Universe. I wonder if they plan to end it with an amalgamation of the two Universes? Not necessarily a reboot, but a more thorough confirmation of characters getting transplanted.
    This would cause the duplication of a lot of heroes. The ones who would not be duplicated is a much smaller list - anyone who debuted after Secret Wars, for instance (except Ironheart, whose Ultimate counterpart cameoed in Spider-Men II). Captain Marvel and Brawn's Ultimate counterparts don't have their powers, so those two wouldn't be duplicated either.

Perhaps they can use the opportunity to bring back Ultimate Spider-Woman though - even though she's called Jessica Drew, she really isn't the counterpart of 616 Jess - if anything, she's Ben Reilly's counterpart.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=202628823

It is a Four Issue Saga

Just announced at Entertainment Weekly, two of the comic book industry’s most innovative and exciting creators are teaming up to reshape the Marvel Universe as you know it! This June, join writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Bryan Hitch in ULTIMATE INVASION, a revolutionary four-issue saga that presents a surprising new chapter for Ultimate Comics and bold new strides for Marvel’s iconic heroes.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

The Ultimate line was one of the things that got me into Marvel, so this makes me very happy. Killer creative team too.

The Ultimate Universe died a long-deserved death, a mercy killing. Don't reanimate its corpse for movie synergy.

The only positive: We'll finally see The Maker and Professor X in the same panel at the same time. Knowing Hickman, The Maker will, ahem, make some comment about X stealing his style.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    ONLY FOUR ISSUES! Come on man!

I'm really surprised it's not Cates the one doing this, although Hickman had already teased the return of the Illuminati in the final issue of his X-Men.

Considering this is only 4 issues I wonder if this will lead to a relaunch of the Ultimate Universe. If that's the case I imagine The Ultimates, Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Spider-Man will make a comeback.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 02-22-2023 at 02:10 PM.

Thay had come to take Miles to home!! LOL.

Well, it was about time for some Ultimate Nostalgia.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

"[...] Jonathan Hickman and artist Bryan Hitch in ULTIMATE INVASION, a revolutionary four-issue saga that presents a surprising NEW chapter for Ultimate Comics and bold new strides for Marvel’s iconic heroes."

Disney needed this. Especially with bringing in the multiverse and the next big bad of the movies.

It's cute how Hickman is throwing Mini-Reed a bone.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    "[...] Jonathan Hickman and artist Bryan Hitch in ULTIMATE INVASION, a revolutionary four-issue saga that presents a surprising NEW chapter for Ultimate Comics and bold new strides for Marvel’s iconic heroes."

Disney needed this. Especially with bringing in the multiverse and the next big bad of the movies.
    100%

Also Marvel seems to be putting a button on the post Secret Wars era of Marvel Comics.

So many books are ending in the next couple of months, so it makes sense that Hickman is the one to bring it to a close.

I mean Slott's FF ended, Aaron's Avengers is ending, Fall of X is happening, Spidey is gonna have some earth shattering revelation coming up, Hulk is restarting, Thor is on his final Thanos arc, Iron Man by Cantwell just ended, I mean it totally makes sense.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    100%

Also Marvel seems to be putting a button on the post Secret Wars era of Marvel Comics.

So many books are ending in the next couple of months, so it makes sense that Hickman is the one to bring it to a close.

I mean Slott's FF ended, Aaron's Avengers is ending, Fall of X is happening, Spidey is gonna have some earth shattering revelation coming up, Hulk is restarting, Thor is on his final Thanos arc, Iron Man by Cantwell just ended, I mean it totally makes sense.
    I'm just very happy Donny Cates isn't doing it and that it's Hickman, who's had a more world building approach furthering the story and taking it to new levels, instead of Cates's rehashed 90's flair of making invincible two dimensional bad guys.

I wager Hickman is overseeing an Ultimate Universe book that spins out of Ultimate Invasion. I think this mini is just the HoX/PoX set up books.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/