Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

This, to me, is the best comic news in some time. I always loved the Ultimate line. After I thought it was pretty much destroyed following Ultimatum, Hickman arrived and gave it a rebirth. I didn’t think that could happen. I’m hoping he can do that again.
    Last edited by Exciter; 02-22-2023 at 01:49 PM.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Ultimate Invasion centers on Miles and The Maker written by Hickman. I thought Cates was going to write this story, what happened?
    For some reason people think that Cates just dropped his Hulk run because he got annoyed by Hulk fans or something, when in reality he literally dropped Thor and everything else he was planning at Marvel, because something pretty big happened in his personal life, that i dont wanna talk about here.

So no we don't know when or IF Cates is coming back to Marvel at all, he has teased that he has something to do with Marvel again one day, but so far we have heard nothing.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 02-22-2023 at 03:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Everything Hickman writes is a must read, but I really don't see how the UU is salvageable unless they erase Ultimatum entirely.

Eh...not sure how to feel about this.

It feels like just them finally culminating the Maker story that's been budding for, like, close to a decade now it feels like. Not sure if this will be a proper revival of the Ultimate Universe or if it's even worth reviving at this point depending on how they handle it.

Also it's Hickman so I expect a lot of high-concept technobabble and characters waxing on science and philosophy and how smart they are .
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    100%

Also Marvel seems to be putting a button on the post Secret Wars era of Marvel Comics.

So many books are ending in the next couple of months, so it makes sense that Hickman is the one to bring it to a close.

I mean Slott's FF ended, Aaron's Avengers is ending, Fall of X is happening, Spidey is gonna have some earth shattering revelation coming up, Hulk is restarting, Thor is on his final Thanos arc, Iron Man by Cantwell just ended, I mean it totally makes sense.
    The new FF and Iron Man runs just started. They juts announced a new Avengers run too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Everything Hickman writes is a must read, but I really don't see how the UU is salvageable unless they erase Ultimatum entirely.
    Wasn’t it revealed in Spider Men 2 that the Ultimate Universe pre-ultimatum is still around?

I think the idea was it was one of the universes Reed and molecule man rebuilt after secret wars. They hinted at it a couple times but spider men 2 was the last appearance. It showed some characters like the wasp who died in ultimatum.

Yowza, this is huge. Damn! Some Primo Hickman madness coming up. Love to see Hitch back on, he's gonna make it all look so darn sexy.

Hmm, Ultimate U 2.0, huh? I assume the 4-issue mini will sort of HoX\PoX into a new status quo\line of books. Say, Ultimate Spider-Man\Ultimate X-Men. What's the world that they inhabit--Ultimate U circa 2015? Meh. Ultimate U, five years later? Less Meh, could work. But what's different about it?

Hickman speaks of "Inverting" the Ultimate U. The Maker is an "Inverted" Reed Richards. What if the new Ultimate U is a rebooted Alt-U, except every hero is a villain and vice versa? Miles vs Evil Peter Parker. Maker vs an even more unhinged Fantastic Four. An uneasy alliance between Maker and Good Guy Doom?

I'd buy that for a dollar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Ultimatum? Don't know what that is, it never happened and neither did Ultimates 3. In all seriousness I agree it's going to be a big challenge if they are trying to salvage the UU.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

Cates has been working on something else for Marvel since coming back from his (personal life-invoked) break. Given this announcement, and the fact Hickman had said he won’t be writing monthly series anymore (for now), I suspect it’s something for an Ultimate Universe reboot series - Avengers and/or Spider-Man perhaps.

Astonishing Member

Fitting enough Hickman doing this, after his Secret Wars. No I don't see Miles going back to this universe, it is just he knows it, being from it so him helping to face off with another from it works. Happy Black Bolt will be in this Illuminati.

Niffleheim

So far since Secret Wars 2015 - Ultimates, Spider-Men 2 and Cates' Venom have touched on The Maker and the Ultimate Universe post Secret Wars 2015. Is there any more books that have expanded on the Ultimate Universe after Secret Wars?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wager Hickman is overseeing an Ultimate Universe book that spins out of Ultimate Invasion. I think this mini is just the HoX/PoX set up books.
    It seems more like a spinoff from his Secret War stuff with Maker, Miles + the Illuminati.

I don't think Marvel was that attached to the Ultimate Universe since they let Loeb wreck it once Jemas left (it was his idea) and Quesada's attention was shifted to the mainline. The Hickman reboot sadly got nuked by New 52.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-22-2023 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    ...oh shit.
    Time to Barry Allen the old Ultimate Universe forum.

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So this is seemingly moreso a sequel to Secret Wars rather than a fullblown revival for the Ultimate Universe. I wonder if they plan to end it with an amalgamation of the two Universes? Not necessarily a reboot, but a more thorough confirmation of characters getting transplanted.
    oh lord plz no

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Eh...not sure how to feel about this.

It feels like just them finally culminating the Maker story that's been budding for, like, close to a decade now it feels like. Not sure if this will be a proper revival of the Ultimate Universe or if it's even worth reviving at this point depending on how they handle it.

Also it's Hickman so I expect a lot of high-concept technobabble and characters waxing on science and philosophy and how smart they are .

The new FF and Iron Man runs just started. They juts announced a new Avengers run too.
    I know but they haven't even finished their first arcs.
    What I mean is the stuff that started right after Secret Wars has ended or is going to end