Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Attachment 129776

What's the saying? "F around and find out?" Marvel is determined to find out Ask your average DC fan where this all ends.
    Marvel is determined? They’ve already done it. They drove over the re-boot cliff, in a big way with Hickman’s Secret Wars. It’s literally too late by years.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I feel like this is what he has pivoted to, I mean he single-handedly revitalized the X-Men back to their AAA superstar status.
    Meh! Hickman wasn’t allowed to finish what he started on X-Men. He was stopped before the story even got past its opening act. What he was forced to do was to leave the X books in a very, very messy state. I’m not blaming Hickman, either. It’s not his fault that Marvel put the kibosh on his plans.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Meh! Hickman wasn’t allowed to finish what he started on X-Men. He was stopped before the story even got past its opening act. What he was forced to do was to leave the X books in a very, very messy state. I’m not blaming Hickman, either. It’s not his fault that Marvel put the kibosh on his plans.
    I detect no lies here, but he did start something quite beautiful even if he never finishes it

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Man, Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. was insane, gonzo sci-fi. Absolutely spectacular stuff.

I think Bendis nibbled at it--in his very last Miles Morales story he brought in Da Vinci as the guy who was about to build a new, better S.H.I.E.L.D., but it never went anywhere
    That was Iron Man. Miles's book ended with Champions vs Sinister Six. But yeah, the Da Vinci story ended when Bendis left Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I feel like this is what he has pivoted to, I mean he single-handedly revitalized the X-Men back to their AAA superstar status.

But I do wish we got wierdo titles like S.H.I.E.L.D. or Secret Warriors again, I love it when he takes weird concepts and blows it out so much so that it changes the Marvel status quo, but it's so weird that no one really acknowledges it (see. Da Vinci, SHIELD or Stark & Reed's fathers)
    We still have his "secret project" story with Valerio Schiti to look forward to.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-27-2023 at 10:54 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    We still have his "secret project" story with Valerio Schiti to look forward to.
    for this - I CANNOT WAIT

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

A revival of the Ultimate line. Let's go!

I hope this prompts reprinting of Hickman's Ultimate Avengers and Ultimate X runs in omnibus format. The post-Ultimatum Wave printed volumes that were available and affordable, have mainly been the books Bendis was writing. Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter and Miles), Ultimate Doomsday and Ultimate Cataclysm.

In case anyone is interested, I did a video on my YouTube channel reacting to this news and making a few points about my concerns on this event.

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Ultimate Last Look

The beginning of the new....

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...variant-covers

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Ultimate Last Look

The beginning of the new....

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...variant-covers
    Is it just me, or is Hitch’s Cap cover not that impressive? I hope this doesn’t indicate how he’s drawing these days.

On the other hand, the Alex Ross Dr. Strange cover is beautiful.

D30B3418-E863-4F38-A9E2-AEE13374D68D.jpg

ULTIMATE INVASION #1 (OF 4)

JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • BRYAN HITCH (A/C) • FOIL VARIANT COVER BY BRYAN HITCH ALSO AVAILABLE
    NEGATIVE SPACE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO • VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    VARIANT COVER BY ED MCGUINNESS • VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VARIANT COVER BY SARA PICHELLI • VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    BLANK VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    THE TRANSFORMATION OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE BEGINS!
    Superstar creators Jonathan Hickman and Bryan Hitch team up!
    The Illuminati must form once again to stop the Maker from his plans to destroy – or perhaps rebuild – the universe, with Miles Morales at the center of it all! Bryan’s work on THE ULTIMATES helped redefine super hero comics for the 2000s - wait until you see what he and Jonathan have in store for this decade! Including new data pages by Jonathan Hickman - plus exclusive behind-the-scenes material on the world-building that has gone into this project!
    56 PGS./Rated T+ …$8.99

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    D30B3418-E863-4F38-A9E2-AEE13374D68D.jpg

ULTIMATE INVASION #1 (OF 4)

JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • BRYAN HITCH (A/C) • FOIL VARIANT COVER BY BRYAN HITCH ALSO AVAILABLE
    NEGATIVE SPACE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO • VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    VARIANT COVER BY ED MCGUINNESS • VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VARIANT COVER BY SARA PICHELLI • VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    BLANK VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    THE TRANSFORMATION OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE BEGINS!
    Superstar creators Jonathan Hickman and Bryan Hitch team up!
    The Illuminati must form once again to stop the Maker from his plans to destroy – or perhaps rebuild – the universe, with Miles Morales at the center of it all! Bryan’s work on THE ULTIMATES helped redefine super hero comics for the 2000s - wait until you see what he and Jonathan have in store for this decade! Including new data pages by Jonathan Hickman - plus exclusive behind-the-scenes material on the world-building that has gone into this project!
    56 PGS./Rated T+ …$8.99
    I am so getting this! Also it’s going to have more Hickman data pages?!?! Fantastic! Can’t come out soon enough. Marvel has got some great stuff coming out and I’m on board for it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Maker

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fr8DOM_XwAEojjy.jpg

Wasp cover out there, but I don't have it in my links addresses