Mighty Member

Default Create your own DCU hero...

My idea is :

Foresight. A survivor of a mass shooting, he awakens to find to find he can see brief, vague flashes of shootings that will soon happen.

He'll be walking along and suddenly ..'Central city" . He knows that he needs to get there in order to stop it. Once he arrives in CC details become slighter clearer, the neighbourhood, the street the perpetrator...
    He is NOT able to use guns to stop the offenders, these cause horrific visions that make him feel like HE is dying and must use whatever items come to hand (a broom stick, a shovel etc.). I'm thinking a non-costumed human target/hard time type character. His quest often leads to misunderstandings with authorities, friends, family and employers. Heroes from star city, gotham, Manchester Alabama (the return of Impulse!) show up.
    Could possibly involve Spectre, Phantom Stranger and other supernaturals...

and YOUR heroes?

Astonishing Member

So a competitor to Tyler comes up with a Miraculo like drug It’s nearly scrapped because it only works on a very small demographic - left handed Red heads and only about 4 percent of them- and it only enhances them to their peak adrenal level , Mentally and physically for an hour Cadmus buys the formula because they happen to have a meta gene subject with red Hair who is left handed. They give him the drug and voila- He has a super power for an hour... but it’s a different Super power every Dose. He becomes the hero known as Southpaw Red.

Mighty Member

Sounds good. Another idea I have is NL (non lethal). Tag line " you're gonna wish he shot you"
    Black cop who accidentally killed a kid in the line of duty. Now uses a variety of non lethal weapons to bring the pain...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Inspired by the "should Superman be first" thread:

Ultimate Man: In 1939 Dr. Alan Moore discovers a formula that would make humans immune to most disease. Giving him the ability to leap over a mile, outrace cars, and lift over 100 tons. He served overseas during the war and while he was bulletproof, a large enough shell could kill him. Obviously the closer he gets to the gun, the more it hurts to get shot. But it wouldn't break his skin. After the war, he retired and went into teaching. He is still alive today but over 100 years old. The formula slowed down his aging process.

The Wave: Has the ability to manipulate water due to an ancient Atlantean amulet. Can also turn into water.

The Archer: Another golden age character who could be a stand in for the GA Green Arrow. An archer who qualified for the olympics refuses to throw a competition so mobsters kill his coach. He decides to hunt them down and bring them to justice.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

My idea is...Verse.

Verse is a college student interning at STAR Labs when, during an accident he gets exposed to tachyon particles. These give him a unique relationship with the Multiverse, enabling him to tap into the abilities and memories of his Multiversal counterparts. It turns out that many of Verse's doppelgangers across earths and timelines have led extraordinary lives - from being great inventors, industrialists, philantrophists to being superheroes, supervillains or criminal masterminds. He's unable to control his abilities at first and taps randomly taps into the memories and powers of some doppelganger or the other, getting overwhelmed and sometimes losing his sense of self. Amidst a flood of memories and personality traits, not to mention abilities (both metahuman and normal) from his multiversal counterparts, Verse is unsure of who he wants to be and what is his destiny...and whether he's even good or evil.

Oh, and the more he uses his powers, the more he creates multiversal/timeline rifts that cause people, usually villains, from these other realities to pop up on Earth 0. Or to transport him to one of these other earths.

His abilities also give Verse a weird relationship with other superheroes once he starts to encounter them. For instance, he might be hanging out with Superman when he suddenly remembers how, on one earth, he was a henchman for Ultra-Humanite who was clobbered by the Golden Age Superman in 1939, while on another earth he was a member of the Teen Titans who fanboyed over Superman. And so on.

The Emerald Echidna can psionically control reality in his immediate vicinity via a personal energy field in such a way as to become a living cartoon.

He can contract this field so as to only affect himself, or expand the field to thirty feet around him in all directions, w. the result being that ppl, objects, and the environment itself will “turn toony”.

Opponents will find their powers and abilities backfiring in increasingly ridiculous ways the longer they square off w. the Echidna.

While in cartoon mode the Echidna is nearly indestructible; he’s strong, fast, can fly, survive in any environment, and access hammer space. His one limitation (and it seems to be subconsciously self imposed) is that he has to follow Rule of Funny, even to his detriment at times.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 08-29-2023 at 09:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    My idea is...Verse.

Verse is a college student interning at STAR Labs when, during an accident he gets exposed to tachyon particles. These give him a unique relationship with the Multiverse, enabling him to tap into the abilities and memories of his Multiversal counterparts. It turns out that many of Verse's doppelgangers across earths and timelines have led extraordinary lives - from being great inventors, industrialists, philantrophists to being superheroes, supervillains or criminal masterminds. He's unable to control his abilities at first and taps randomly taps into the memories and powers of some doppelganger or the other, getting overwhelmed and sometimes losing his sense of self. Amidst a flood of memories and personality traits, not to mention abilities (both metahuman and normal) from his multiversal counterparts, Verse is unsure of who he wants to be and what is his destiny...and whether he's even good or evil.

Oh, and the more he uses his powers, the more he creates multiversal/timeline rifts that cause people, usually villains, from these other realities to pop up on Earth 0. Or to transport him to one of these other earths.

His abilities also give Verse a weird relationship with other superheroes once he starts to encounter them. For instance, he might be hanging out with Superman when he suddenly remembers how, on one earth, he was a henchman for Ultra-Humanite who was clobbered by the Golden Age Superman in 1939, while on another earth he was a member of the Teen Titans who fanboyed over Superman. And so on.
    Now, that I dig. I would read that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    My idea is...Verse.

I like this one! He's got a lot of potential, and not having control at first of what multiversal doppleganger he's 'channeling' (and some of them being actively malicious or causing more problems than they solve) has a ton of story options baked in.

I had a similar Legion idea for a quantum-entangled Carggite who was able to temporarily change herself into one of dozens of multiversal versions of herself, with very different circumstances. "This is the me from the universe where my world was assimilated during the Robotican invasion, and they are cyborgs!" "This is me from a timeline where I dabbled in the mystic arts and trained for years on Sorcerer's World, am now a one-woman coven of witches!" "This is me from the world where I was abducted by space pirates and raised on the battleworld of Lythyl, and am a world-class arena fighter."

Mighty Member

THE BORDERS : Duo or team that fights cartels between US and Mexico...