Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

HAWKS 0.jpgWould love to see the return Katar and Shayera Hol someday.personally not a fan of Hawkgirl(kendra)

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

My favorite Hawk-people for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Post-Crisis Katar is getting a figure in the DC Multiverse line.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Is that "post-CoIE" or is it more of a "post-Hawkworld" version?
    I think Zero Hour Hawkman would be the precise definition.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think Zero Hour Hawkman would be the precise definition.
    Perhaps, but I also wanted to cover the fact that between the end of CoIE in 1985 and the start of the 3-book Hawkworld run in 1989, the Silver/Bronze Age version of Hawkman and Hawkwoman were still around.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    HAWKS 0.jpgWould love to see the return Katar and Shayera Hol someday.personally not a fan of Hawkgirl(kendra)

Same here. Loved Katar and Shayera. Kendra not so much.
    --jthree

Fantastic Member

P.S. Warzone, do you know who did the art for that piece of Hawkman and Hawkwoman?

--jthree

Isn't that Richard Howell, circa the 80's "Shadow War of Hawkman" era? (Just a guess, but I'm positive it's not Anderson or Kane.)

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I find it funny that two cops from an advanced alien civilisation would come to Earth to learn from American cops lol.
    I prefer the versions where they came in search of that Thanagarian criminal whose name I forgot.
    A modern deconstrutionist version of that could be funny and maybe even meaningful but mostly funny. It really depends on whether you think the Hawks would be supportive of earth's policing methods or critical of it.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I always go into the wings. Has there ever been a part of Hawk lore where Thanagar had naturally winged populations?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I always go into the wings. Has there ever been a part of Hawk lore where Thanagar had naturally winged populations?
    Not that I'm aware.

The last Hawkman series was solid -- the last ongoing I collected until the recent WF: Teen Titans -- which is a limited series. Kendra has never ever interested me. I think they should just rename her and separate her from the Hawk franchise. Katar and Shayera forever!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I've always loved the artwork for these two. Especially the older-pulpy panels. More Hawkman & Hawkwoman in the comics and other media is definitely needed ASAP.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Unless Isabel Merced’s Hawkgirl is Shayera, I doubt Kendra is going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Just the Justice League TV show, to my knowledge.