Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Default Ultimate universe characters & elements you want to see return

1. Inhumans

2. Man created mutant

2. Phoenix

Ultimate Hawkeye being the most badass MF on two legs.

Ultimate Member

I liked Ultimate Wasp being both Asian-American and mutant. I liked the notion of Thor being considered an actual god, and having a serious number of human followers / fans, even if it wasn't really explored all that well, from what I saw.

I pretty much loathed all the rest, including Pym wife-beater jacked up to 11, Hawkeye's kids being killed, Alfred being killed by Black Widow, who then mocked him with homophobic jeers, cannibal rapist-Hulk and the various and assorted ugliness.

Plus weirdness like Hawkeye and Black Widow killing a building full of Chitauri, with Hawkeye jabbering away *endlessly* for an entire page, chattering away like he's in an episode of Friends, just talk, talk, talk and then Black Widow says *one thing* and he tells her to stop jabbering that he doesn't have a million dollars worth of fight enhancements and can't fight and talk at the same time. Just, WTF?

Elliot Boggs/Magician was cool. He was a mutant with the power to alter reality and peoples' perception of him. It was all by accident, but it ended up putting at odds with the X-Men, who were quick to try and kill him the second they found out. He ended up faking his death, abandoning his heroes and idols, and giving up his dream life as an X-Men for the sake of others. My boy needs a happy ending after all of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Ultimates
    Celestials/Eternals and Xorn/Zorn
    European Defense Initiative (Captain France, Captain Italy, Captain Spain).

• Ultimate Spider-Woman

• Reservation X (A.K.A. Utopia)

• Ultimate teenagers living under the same roof (Lafuente-style)

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-22-2023 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I do miss the old Ultimate Universe CBR forums. That was a lot of fun. Haven't seen any of the old crew around except for like Wolverine12.

Ultimate Tony, Ultimate Tony, Ultimate Tony. I loved Ultimate Iron Man. Warren Ellis got to write him which is a dream for me when he does. Now Hickman is doing it again?!?! CAN. NOT. WAIT!
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-23-2023 at 03:37 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ultimate Stever Rogers (post the initial Ultimates run, where they toned him down)

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Ultimate Hawkeye being the most badass MF on two legs.
    the way they worked together to take down Red Skull.

"Because I don't lose and you don't miss"
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Definitely psycho Captain Universe but...like with actual powers. Make him a Spider-Man villain.

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

N.I.C.K. F.U.R.Y.

Hippie Thor, Blade, Cap, Storm. Of course if its inevitable I need to see Miles front and center.

Astonishing Member

Some of the earliest Marvel comics I read were Ultimate comics, and I love how the MCU, at least initially, took some inspiration from that line.

I would like to see Ultimate Peter Parker again. Let the 616 version get older and be the mature, veteran hero...you've got your 'young' Spider-Man already, and he's ready for college! There's some great synergy there too with the Tom Holland Spider-Man and his upcoming films.

In terms of influencing the MCU, I know they 99% won't do this, but if they make Magneto a villain again in the upcoming X-men reboot, it'd be great if they fully committed to the idea and gave us Ultimate Magneto. That initial arc really drove home the fact that Magneto is basically a terrorist responsible for thousands of deaths. He's not some noble anti-hero with a posh British accent. I think that's the point Morrison tried to make with his New X-men run as well before that got retconned. I love the idea of Magneto as the anti-hero, and the films so far have done a pretty good job with it. Making him a hardcore lethal villain, like he originally was, would actually be a refreshing approach. But I don't see that happening.

Incredible Member

I was always a big fan of the Ultimate Universe; despite a lot of its issues (particularly during Jeph Leob’s contribution), it was still a fun universe to see grow. Personally I’m hoping for a soft reboot of the universe (certain events have happened, but certain characters are still around to tell the tale). Now I’m not expecting EVERYTHING to be touched on in a 4 issue mini-series. But if other series branch out of this, this is some of the ideas I like to see explored:

NOTE: I did start slacking with the Ultimate Universe sometime around “Divided We Fall/ United We Stand”, and didn’t pick back up until “Time Runs Out”. So if I’m missing certain plot points, let me know.

1) The immortality of Oz: During the latter part of Bendis Spidey run, it was heavily implied the everyone who was inoculated with Norman Osborn’s “OZ” serum is supposively immortal (explain the return of Osborn and Parker); would the same be said for Harry, Miles and MJ?
    2) Pointless Ultimatum deaths/ possible restorations: The absolute “Overkill” in Ultimatum was stupid as heck; the only deaths that had any weight in the end were Angel, Blob, Magneto, Prof. X, Wasp and Wolverine. Everyone else felt like an afterthought. And considering what characters appeared in Spider-Men II, hopefully this means the timeline has shifted slightly that certain characters are alive (Personally I’d have kept Cyclops, Emma Frost, Hank Pym, Nightcrawler, Polaris, and Toad).
    3) Certain hanging plot points picked back up: Ben learning the “Doom” he thought he killed was actually Sue and Johnny's mum; Pym's Jocasta Project; the Kree/ Chitauri war; the World learning Mutants were man-made; the fate of the X-Men’s Utopia; the Roxxon Brain Trust comprising of the Leader and Mr Sinister; the Eternals and Celestials of “The People”.
    Last edited by Multiverse; 02-23-2023 at 06:51 AM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    In terms of influencing the MCU, I know they 99% won't do this, but if they make Magneto a villain again in the upcoming X-men reboot, it'd be great if they fully committed to the idea and gave us Ultimate Magneto. That initial arc really drove home the fact that Magneto is basically a terrorist responsible for thousands of deaths. He's not some noble anti-hero with a posh British accent. I think that's the point Morrison tried to make with his New X-men run as well before that got retconned. I love the idea of Magneto as the anti-hero, and the films so far have done a pretty good job with it. Making him a hardcore lethal villain, like he originally was, would actually be a refreshing approach. But I don't see that happening.
    The Krakoa concept may or may not exist in the Ultimate universe. So it would be an option for people who weren't on board with the mutants' Attilan/inhumans style status quo, but would allow both to exist.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I always felt that Colonel Nick Fury from the Ultimate Universe should've made the hop. If they were going to phase classic Fury out it would've made more sense than that "Nick Fury happens to have a black son who looks like Samuel L Jackson and despite being a grown adult suddenly changes his name to match his father." lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.