Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

There's some stuff that I really think should be left in the early 2000 as style, expecially the blatant jackassery and proud assholery that way too many character sported and sometimes still wear as badge of honor today...
    That being said.
    I REALLY REALLY want to be explained how the whole " human created mutant race" worked exactly. It was since gen 13( first time I saw this idea running around) and then in Ultimate U(felt like a desperate attempt to make xmen sideof ultimateverse relevant ) but I swear I do not understand how it work. Is not like virus they spread in air that alter the dna of newborn. No. All the mutants are descendants of the original supersoldier project(except that there were mutants older than that..) but....there are too many mutants and some are just bit too old for that to be true.....wolverine had unprotected sex non stop since ww2? Cap frozen sperms was used for artificial insemination under supervision of dolemite nick fury while he was not busy banging his fiancee mother out of spite ? Where all these mutants come from?

Whatever happened with that storyline where there were a group of young rich adults that wanted Tony to join and help them with their agenda? I can’t remember the name of them and did it ever conclude.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-01-2023 at 05:18 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    I also hope they keep the running joke of the scenes at the police station where some cops arrest some weirdo in the background that makes reference to the mainline comics. For example, have them arrest a guy costumed as Loki, shouting "Avenger prime! Avenger prime!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, that running gag was more of a Bendis thing, he did the same with 616 comics, so I wouldn't be surprised if that stopped.
    Yeah, that gag was only ever used in Bendis stories, and it's final appearance was in his Defenders run set in 616, where he appeared himself as the guy getting arrested, shouting that a 17 year running gag isn't easy to pull off. Unless he comes back at some point (possible, as he's no longer at DC), that gag is finished.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Only thing I ever liked about the Ultimate universe was Ultimate Dazzler.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Only thing I ever liked about the Ultimate universe was Ultimate Dazzler.
    So did Brian Michael Bendis; I remember that Comicstack Ultimatum #1 review on Youtube way back when, when BMB shouted (as a laugh, mind you) to Jeph Leob "YOU KILLED MY DAZZLER... I cry that to sleep every night!"

Magician
    Syndicate
    Blackheath
    Bishop’s X-Men team

Ultimate West Cosst Avengers
    Ultimate Defenders

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Whatever happened with that storyline where there were a group of young rich adults that wanted Tony to join and help them with their agenda? I can’t remember the name of them and did it ever conclude.
    The Kratos Club ! Another element of Hickman's Ultimates run that was left to be forgotten the moment Hickman left the book, unfortunately..

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    The Kratos Club ! Another element of Hickman's Ultimates run that was left to be forgotten the moment Hickman left the book, unfortunately..
    Thanks! It’s appreciated. I found that storyline to be quite enticing. Tony joining The Kratos club was an interesting move on Hickman’s part. I really wanted to see how that would have played out. I’m going to go back and reread Hickman’s Ultimates.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Ultimate Hawkeye being the most badass MF on two legs.
    Careful what you wish for, Marvel is probably chomping at the bit to shove boring Kate Bishop in his direction or worse yet create Ultimate Kate Bishop.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

-Ultimate Defenders from Millar's Ultimates 2. They were a group of lovers who wanted to be superheroes.
    -In the Liberators the Colonel was revealed to be an Iranian teen who was a modern day Steve Roger's. He did die but I liked the idea of Steve finding a counterpart in the Middle East. Millar had Steve be more jingoistic so I thought this encounter was a way to shake him out of it.
    -Reservation X.
    - Thor's son Magni.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-02-2023 at 05:34 PM.

I want to see the Ultimate Universe clash with the Heroes Reborn Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Careful what you wish for, Marvel is probably chomping at the bit to shove boring Kate Bishop in his direction or worse yet create Ultimate Kate Bishop.
    Ultimate Kate already exists. She was Miles Morales's girlfriend... who turned out to be HYDRA. Miles seems to have forgotten her when he moved to 616, as it didn't come up when he met the heroic 616 version during War of the Realms.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I want to see the Ultimate Universe clash with the Heroes Reborn Universe.
    Toss in Earth X/Universe X/Paradise X, and you got yourself a deal...

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-03-2023 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.