Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I was reminded today, and I do not think I have seen it mentioned. Independence day.

Pacific Rim as well.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's kind of interesting that the Rambo sequels have a pretty huge body count but First Blood pretty much just has one; and it's mostly an accident (As for the dogs, it's kind of ambigious whether Rambo killed him or not))

I haven't read the book but from what I know it's completely opposite, though....and Trautman does warn Teasle that an unleashed Rambo could result in a high body count, which is exactly what happens in the sequels.
    In the book, Rambo is executed by Trautman. Funnily enough, the author (David Morrell) then penned the novelisation of Rambo: First Blood Part II and readily admitted that he only did it for the cash. He turned down the offer to adapt the script from Rambo III, believing that the script was terrible.
    Formerly known as Don't pee in the (Dead)pool...

Rambo is also killed off in an alternate ending that was filmed.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Side note, The Last Knight is a truly stupid movie (though I think that Godzilla vs Kong is the absolute stupidest movie I've ever seen), but it's still enjoyable on the level of watching giant robots blowing stuff up. And I love that design for Optimus Prime.
    The Fast and the Furious Sequels have that title. That says something because I literally own a copy of Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I just said it was flawed, and it was. But I'll agree it was at least enjoyable.
    But Godzilla vs Kong was sheer absolute garbage and I want the time I wasted watching it back. I would pay good money to somehow unwatch that movie if it were possible.
    Godzilla vs Kong gets my review of 'flawed but enjoyable'

Good:

+ MechaKevin: Wasn't a fan when I first saw this MechaGodzilla's Reveal. But when I saw it in action and its origin I loved it. MechaKevin was easily an S Tier Kaiju. Loved the fight, and how it took the combined efforts of Godzilla, Kong, and the Humans to stop it. I only wish he was in the movie more but I guess fans would rather see Giant Ape vs Lizard.

+ Kaiju Fights: Some of the best I've seen

+ Godzilla and Kong's Characters: Kong had character growth. You saw much of the world through his eyes. Godzilla on the other hand wasn't good or evil, but a force of nature. Scary as hell but his actions had reasons.

+ Kong's Allies: I'm team Godzilla but Kong's Allies (The mute girl and Hallowed Earth Scientist) were the only humans I liked.

+ Special Effects: Top Notch

+ Final Wars Feats: That scene where Godzilla used his breath weapon to literally drill a hole to the center of the earth just so he can call out Kong to fight.

Meh:

= Story: Parts of it had room for improvement, but they hit the important points for me. I liked how it explained their rivalry, the fight scores, how they settled things at the end, and of course MechaKevin

= Villain's Daughter: The extreme majority of the acting was horrible and she was probably the worst...but damn she fine

Bad

- Godzilla's Allies: Probably the worst part of the movie. Bad acting, pacing, and characters

- Villains: Corny, stereotypical, and bad acting
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 03-22-2023 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I'm not even gonna read your review. Look, this was the first movie I ever watched where I went in amped up and feeling good, and the more I watched it, the worse and worse I felt, slowly just getting angrier and angrier at the sheer bs the movie was feeding me. And I've seen every Godzilla movie ever and loved them each at least a little up until that point. It has only 1 good point - best cgi giant monster fights scenes I've ever seen on film easy - but I don't give a fuck how good the fights were when the rest of the film felt like the worst trash I'd ever exposed my eyes to. In short, I just found it flawed but also a piece of worthless shit.

And that's me cleaning up my language and a couple years to get over it and chill. Different strokes, film's a very subjective thing. Some films one person finds enjoyable someone else if going to hold as their worst movie ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I feel asleep on King of the Monsters twice. Its a weird situation where its easily the best of the three but for some reason I have to watch it in chunks not all at once. Mileage varies, to each his/her own, yadda yadda. On the other hand, I don't have that problem with Godzilla vs Kong, I'm just annoyed that...ok, I get Scooby Doo was popular, but does everything have to have its own iteration of the Scooby Gang? Even getting past that, the only thing unforgivable to me was liquor, remotely, shorting out MechaGodzilla. I wanted Kong and Godzilla to beat him on their own with no assistance. That was sheer luck neither planned on but took advantage of. I was like wtf really?