Retired

Default When regular topics are moved into appreciation topics

This doesn't happen often, but every now and then the moderators move a discussion thread into an appreciation thread. I can see the logic in combining similar threads, but I've always understood that there are special rules of behaviour for appreciation threads (which is why the original posters label them as "appreciation"). So I'm merrily going along posting to a regular discussion, then suddenly my posts are struck by a Zeta Beam and find themselves living on an appreciation topic they never knew before. Shouldn't appreciation topics be inviolate?

If this has already been discussed, I'm sorry for posting a new topic. But I looked back a few pages and didn't find a discussion on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    This doesn't happen often, but every now and then the moderators move a discussion thread into an appreciation thread. I can see the logic in combining similar threads, but I've always understood that there are special rules of behaviour for appreciation threads (which is why the original posters label them as "appreciation"). So I'm merrily going along posting to a regular discussion, then suddenly my posts are struck by a Zeta Beam and find themselves living on an appreciation topic they never knew before. Shouldn't appreciation topics be inviolate?

If this has already been discussed, I'm sorry for posting a new topic. But I looked back a few pages and didn't find a discussion on this forum.
    Can you give a more specific example?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Shouldn't appreciation topics be inviolate?
    You’d think so, but some people’s definition of “appreciation” manifests in ways that seem anything but.

A# to the main question, the short answer is it’s a mod’s discretion to merge threads in situations like you’re describing. If they feel a thread’s theme or discussion is more in line with what’s happening in an appreciation thread, or redundant (an appreciation thread by another name that covers the same topic) there it goes.

If it’s an actual concern that you disagree with and/or want to discuss contact the modertor(s) of that forum privately.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)