Thread: Lando and Holdo

Default Lando and Holdo

So Marvel's Star Wars comics have often included material from the sequel trilogy into the OT era.
    For example

-Poe's parents being recurring characters in the regular title
    -Vader finding out about Exegol and the Final Order destroyers in DV, also a slight implication that Snoke might have been cloned from Luke's hand
    -Knights of Ren being involved in the current "Hidden Empire" crossover
    -Multiple uses of Canto Bight

And of course Holdo has appeared as a major character in the current "No Space" arc. The character did play a pretty big role in the Princess Leia novel which was released in part around "The Last Jedi"

What's interesting is that in this, Holdo and Lando have seemed to start up a relationship-or at least a small fling-after the two bunk together and Lando is worried he'll always be seen as a con artist and nothing more, but Holdo starts to see that he has potential to be a hero/good man and the two kiss.

Makes me wonder, it's established, although off-screen, that Lando had a daughter, Kadara, whose mother is unidentified. Kadara herself is taken by the First Order and presumably raised to be one of their Stormtroopers (There was some speculation that Janna was her but that's been dismissed) which was part of a larger FO campaign to target the former alliance. (Poe, the son of two former rebels, seems to have avoided it; and someone like Leida was presumably too old; Aftab "Junior" Ackbar also seemed to escape this). This all of course has it's greatest "triumph" with Ben Solo falling to the dark side.

So perhaps Holdo is the mother?
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-23-2023 at 06:15 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Not a pairing I expected, but still probably more entertaining than Holdo's use in TLJ.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I’ll be honest, I both feel uninterested in this pairing because of how stupidly and blatantly manipulatively written Holdo was in TLJ, while also knowing it’s almost certain she’s being written better now, but still not really intrigued until something more interesting happens, since I’m also not as interested in the OT-era comics as I need to be for this story.

If she does have a kid with Lando, and they then give her a cool, nothing-like-Rian-Johnson-would-write-in-TLJ-but-maybe-something-he-would-write-for-Poker-Face story about hiding her kid for the kid’s safety, I could really dig that,
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Latest issue has a moment with Chewbacca and them that kind of reminded me of the awkward "'bout time" moment with Wolverine in Astonishing X-men.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So Marvel's Star Wars comics have often included material from the sequel trilogy into the OT era.
    For example

-Poe's parents being recurring characters in the regular title
    -Vader finding out about Exegol and the Final Order destroyers in DV, also a slight implication that Snoke might have been cloned from Luke's hand
    -Knights of Ren being involved in the current "Hidden Empire" crossover
    -Multiple uses of Canto Bight

And of course Holdo has appeared as a major character in the current "No Space" arc. The character did play a pretty big role in the Princess Leia novel which was released in part around "The Last Jedi"

What's interesting is that in this, Holdo and Lando have seemed to start up a relationship-or at least a small fling-after the two bunk together and Lando is worried he'll always be seen as a con artist and nothing more, but Holdo starts to see that he has potential to be a hero/good man and the two kiss.

Makes me wonder, it's established, although off-screen, that Lando had a daughter, Kadara, whose mother is unidentified. Kadara herself is taken by the First Order and presumably raised to be one of their Stormtroopers (There was some speculation that Janna was her but that's been dismissed) which was part of a larger FO campaign to target the former alliance. (Poe, the son of two former rebels, seems to have avoided it; and someone like Leida was presumably too old; Aftab "Junior" Ackbar also seemed to escape this). This all of course has it's greatest "triumph" with Ben Solo falling to the dark side.

So perhaps Holdo is the mother?
    Where was in implied Snoke was cloned from Luke’s hand.

In the Vader comics, Luke's hand (or somebody's severed hand) is located near the Snoke vats on Exegol.

The theory/implication is outlined better here:

https://thedirect.com/article/star-w...create%20Snoke.

Sometimes a kiss is just a kiss, not the automatic start of an entire family.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1