Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

There was also a story in Marvel Fanfare:

I think this was the same bad guy from an old Ditko Spidey and Dr. Strange team up. Note that Wanda's last name is Frank here.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

A couple more pages, just so you didn't think the two ended on bad terms...

Wanda in a bikini !

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wanda in a bikini !
    Here's one more for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Here's one more for you!

Thank you .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    More news about Contest of Chaos:

Agatha Harkness Conjures Up a 'Contest of Chaos' in 'Scarlet Witch Annual' #1

June's 'Scarlet Witch Annual' #1 will serve as a prelude to 'Contest of Chaos,' an interconnected saga that will run across various Marvel Comics annuals this summer.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=203645569

The CONTEST OF CHAOS annuals will center around Agatha’s quest to bring Chaos magic to the forefront so she can take her rightful place as one of the universe’s greatest sorcerers. In order to do so, she’ll orchestrate a mystically-charged challenge involving your favorite heroes. Watch as Wolverine, Spider-Man, Venom, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Cyclops, Storm, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Human Torch, Taegukgi, Ghost-Spider, White Fox, and Deadpool are corrupted by chaos and pitted against each other in a thunderous tournament! Each annual will introduce a new matchup with each showdown, upping the stakes and building toward an explosive final round, all part of Agatha’s grand scheme to reinvent Marvel magic!

"CONTEST OF CHAOS is the kind of story I would absolutely sprint to the comic store to buy as a reader,” Phillips said. “There's action, mystery, magic, and my favorite characters from all over the Marvel Universe. To be spearheading the storyline is just incredibly cool for me as a creator. It's going to be big with ramifications for the larger universe… See you this summer—THWIP!"
    Honestly, I'm quite sick of "Hero vs Hero" conflicts. I'm worried about how Peter will be corrupted by Chaos, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    ah so more of a cameo appearance for Peter then
    If all Marvel is involved, we can't expect Spider-Man to have the spotlight. Still Peter always have a way to be remarkable on any mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    There was that time they went back in time to the Salem Witch Trials!
    I think Doom, Moondragon and Vision also appear, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    She married a robot, but Peter's parents WERE robots!

See? Shared ground for bonding. (Not to mention the satanic meddling both partook in)
    Peter couldn't exist if his parents were robots. I assume you mean he thought they were still alive, and turned out to have been replaced by LMDs after his real parents died?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    I think Doom, Moondragon and Vision also appear, right?
    Yeah, my understanding is this was in Marvel Team Up, around issues 41/42...

"Huntsman..", can you remind where it appears that Peter has a "complex" about Wanda being with Vision please, seems I've missed that..

Now that we know that the chaos in "Contest of Chaos" is magic based chaos, well, I'm happy it's Wanda centred here, but obviously this would be right up Dr Strange's street, and yet he's noticeably absent from this event..(so far?)..

Aside from general "Spidey and the Avengers, together" stories, I don't think Peter and Wanda ever meaningfully hung out. In a way, their biggest shared experience is House of M.
    Even then they didn't meet there, Spidey wasn't part of the final battle, the closest thing to an interaction is what Wanda did to him lol.

Either way, they did have a few team-ups, but nothing meaningful, which's not surprising, Spidey was the town's bicycle back in the 60's and 70's... MTU#41 even has Wanda needing help, she sends a hex bolt and it somehow calls Spidey to help, and keep in mind that by that point, they had only briefly met once, and it was in that "They were in the same room but didn't talk with each other" way lol.

She married a robot, but Peter's parents WERE robots!
    Well, the fake parents were robots, but close enough lol.

The fact that this hasn't been brought up before is a crime .
    I mean, kinda hard for that to be mentioned since they pretty much never interact, Spidey generally defaults to interacting with bigger names among the Avengers, or just members from the New Avengers, and I don't think they were ever on the same Avengers team... Hell, Disassembled was specifically made to get rid of Avengers like Wanda for bigger names like Spidey to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I think this was the same bad guy from an old Ditko Spidey and Dr. Strange team up. Note that Wanda's last name is Frank here.
    I checked it out and yeah it is.

I keep forgetting to check out that annual, it's the only ASM issue I haven't read...

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    "Huntsman..", can you remind where it appears that Peter has a "complex" about Wanda being with Vision please, seems I've missed that..

(Avengers#503).

(The Darkhold Alpha).

Basically at two different points (2004, 2021), by different writers (Bendis in the first, Orlando in the second) Spidey was being a douche by talking about Wanda marrying Vision in a way that it can sound like he thinks it's bad, or just weird, which's, ridiculous in general for Spidey to talk like this... Also if you think about it, he sounds racist by talking like there's something wrong or weird about Wanda dating Vision.

Like, if he instead said "and she married a black guy" with that context, yeah, it would be really obvious how shitty that sounds, and while in real life we don't have sentient androids for this to sound even worse, it's still bad in-universe, and at least the characters in Avengers#503 call him out on it, because what he said is really out of line, not to mention also poorly timed 'cause everyone just learned that Wanda was behind the attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Sometimes people just throw out Spidey using quips just for the sake of it. Often to less than stellar effect.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Even then they didn't meet there, Spidey wasn't part of the final battle, the closest thing to an interaction is what Wanda did to him lol.

Either way, they did have a few team-ups, but nothing meaningful, which's not surprising, Spidey was the town's bicycle back in the 60's and 70's... MTU#41 even has Wanda needing help, she sends a hex bolt and it somehow calls Spidey to help, and keep in mind that by that point, they had only briefly met once, and it was in that "They were in the same room but didn't talk with each other" way lol.

Well, the fake parents were robots, but close enough lol.

I mean, kinda hard for that to be mentioned since they pretty much never interact, Spidey generally defaults to interacting with bigger names among the Avengers, or just members from the New Avengers, and I don't think they were ever on the same Avengers team... Hell, Disassembled was specifically made to get rid of Avengers like Wanda for bigger names like Spidey to join.

I checked it out and yeah it is.

I keep forgetting to check out that annual, it's the only ASM issue I haven't read...

(Avengers#503).

(The Darkhold Alpha).

Basically at two different points (2004, 2021), by different writers (Bendis in the first, Orlando in the second) Spidey was being a douche by talking about Wanda marrying Vision in a way that it can sound like he thinks it's bad, or just weird, which's, ridiculous in general for Spidey to talk like this... Also if you think about it, he sounds racist by talking like there's something wrong or weird about Wanda dating Vision.

Like, if he instead said "and she married a black guy" with that context, yeah, it would be really obvious how shitty that sounds, and while in real life we don't have sentient androids for this to sound even worse, it's still bad in-universe, and at least the characters in Avengers#503 call him out on it, because what he said is really out of line, not to mention also poorly timed 'cause everyone just learned that Wanda was behind the attacks.
    Sometimes people just throw out Spidey using quips just for the sake of it. Often to less than stellar effect.
    Pretty much, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ah..thanks Lukmendes, and Huntsman... I would have taken that at the time "with a pinch of salt", it's the writer writing Spidey humorously, and generally adding humour to a scene..and because the humour is aimed at a robot/android no harm done eh?

But of course plenty of racism and other "isms" are expressed through "humour"...as mentioned, if it was a black person, or a woman on the end of such humour it wouldn't go down well, not then, and even less so now..

Leaving an "ism" aside, it does look like Spidey has a complex about the situation, and I find it funny...I doubt we'll ever see it mentioned again...