View Poll Results: When do you predict One More Day will get undone?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wells or the writer after him will undo it (mid 2020's)

3 3.80%
  • By the late 2020's

14 17.72%
  • In the 2030's

6 7.59%
  • In the 2040's

3 3.80%
  • Never / Not until Spider-Man is fully public domain

53 67.09%
Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default When do you expect One More Day will be undone?

As of now, when do you personally think One More Day is most likely to get undone (if ever)?

Even though we know very little and can't predict the future, this might be a fun and interesting poll to look back on.

Feel free to make the best case for your answer regardless of what it is.

undone meaning what exactly? Secret ID is no more, Aunt May dead Peter and MJ back together the answer is no
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Not until #1000. Treading water until then. At the pace they're going with some 3 issues a month it seems like they're racing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    As of now, when do you personally think One More Day is most likely to get undone (if ever)?

Even though we know very little and can't predict the future, this might be a fun and interesting poll to look back on.

Feel free to make the best case for your answer regardless of what it is.
    My prediction remains ASM 999 to start ASM 1000 and into the future fresh
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 02-23-2023 at 11:38 AM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I am going to place my bets on ASM #1000. Either that or Marvel decides to pull a Superman: Lois and Clark by bringing in "Earth-616-2" Peter, MJ and Mayday and having them exist in the same timeline as Post-OMD Peter and MJ.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Mighty Member

It feels as though they've been slowly inching closer to undoing it so I think by the end of 2020s there's a good chance of Peter and Mary Jane regaining their memories. Aunt May has also been killed in so many Spider-man adaptations nowadays that I could see them removing her from 616 again.

Marvel as a whole also seems far more celebratory of the marriage and the Peter/Mary Jane relationship than they were a decade ago. I'm not sure under current editorial, but I could see the next team reinstating the marriage if they feel the series needs a shot in the arm. Especially with the marriage going mainstream again with ATSV. Everything old is new again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    It feels as though they've been slowly inching closer to undoing it so I think by the end of 2020s there's a good chance of Peter and Mary Jane regaining their memories. Aunt May has also been killed in so many Spider-man adaptations nowadays that I could see them removing her from 616 again.

Marvel as a whole also seems far more celebratory of the marriage and the Peter/Mary Jane relationship than they were a decade ago. I'm not sure under current editorial, but I could see the next team reinstating the marriage if they feel the series needs a shot in the arm. Especially with the marriage going mainstream again with ATSV. Everything old is new again.
    That's where I stand too. The 2030's are a safer bet for me, but the late 2020's seem realistic to me too. Especially with pop culture moving in internet time. Look how much has changed in 5 years since 2018.

Not possible until the next generation of top execs and senior editorial possibly if we are lucky. So maybe after 10 more years.

I guess it depends on how soon the higher ups demand that they get the book in line with the rest of Spider-Man media.

Incredible Member

1000 is probably the best guess, chance. As far as stories goes it’s hanging right there. After the pathetic attempt at 900 undoing omd for 1000 is an easy homer

Unfortunely never.

For some strange reason people at Marvel are pathological stubborn in maintaining Peter unmarried.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    1000 is probably the best guess, chance. As far as stories goes it’s hanging right there. After the pathetic attempt at 900 undoing omd for 1000 is an easy homer
    There is definitely lots of pressure on Marvel to ensure that ASM 1000 delivers. It's an anniversary that will never be forgotten, plus it will be the first Marvel book to reach the thousands. Something on par with JMS' ASM 500 is the bare minimum.

This doesn't mean they'll necessarily undo OMD, but it increases the chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    There is definitely lots of pressure on Marvel to ensure that ASM 1000 delivers. It's an anniversary that will never be forgotten, plus it will be the first Marvel book to reach the thousands. Something on par with JMS' ASM 500 is the bare minimum.

This doesn't mean they'll necessarily undo OMD, but it increases the chances.
    Nope, never, do not even think it ... will NEVER HAPPEN in issue 1000. I wouldn't be surprised if MJ doesn't even make an appearance similar to 900.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Nope, never, do not even think it ... will NEVER HAPPEN in issue 1000. I wouldn't be surprised if MJ doesn't even make an appearance similar to 900.
    It's a reasonable assumption based on the reasons I mentioned.

Pressure for ASM 1000 to succeed goes beyond just Spider-Man Editorial. No doubt it will be a mainstream event. Mainstream media will talk about it.

Astonishing Member

If it was ever going to happen, it would’ve been done during Spencer’s run. Now I think too much time has passed and so has the will to address it… so unfortunately I’m putting “never.”