View Poll Results: When do you predict One More Day will get undone?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wells or the writer after him will undo it (mid 2020's)

3 3.80%
  • By the late 2020's

14 17.72%
  • In the 2030's

6 7.59%
  • In the 2040's

3 3.80%
  • Never / Not until Spider-Man is fully public domain

53 67.09%
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    And even when I said staff, I was including writers. My bad if that's not the proper verbiage.
    Most comic writers and artists are freelancers, independent contractors. They are self-employed, not staff of Marvel (or DC, Image etc.).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Most comic writers and artists are freelancers, independent contractors. They are self-employed, not staff of Marvel (or DC, Image etc.).
    This is the same rationale that companies like Amazon uses to argue their employees shouldn't be unionized. It doesn't fly when they say it, and it's not going to fly now either.

What are we even arguing right now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    This is semantic hair splitting and a straw man logical fallacy, which is drawing focus away from the original argument: people in positions of power over the artistic direction of Spider-Man and comics in general, be they someone who is a salaried employee or a freelancer, have demonstrated regressive views about woman and relationships.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    This is semantic hair splitting and a straw man logical fallacy, which is drawing focus away from the original argument: people in positions of power over the artistic direction of Spider-Man and comics in general, be they someone who is a salaried employee or a freelancer, have demonstrated regressive views about woman and relationships.
    So why does he have to be married to MJ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    So why does he have to be married to MJ?
    This is an example of a non sequitur.

It’s also an example of a loaded question, which is another logical fallacy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    This is an example of a non sequitur.

It’s also an example of a loaded question, which is another logical fallacy.
    To add to this: Even if MJ somehow wasn't the best fit for Peter, it would not mean that the editors amd writers at Marvel don't have regressive views towards women and relationships.

Astonishing Member

I urge people to think rationally. Keeping a comic book character a certain age doesn't make the people who made that decision bigots. Keeping a comic book character unmarried doesn't make the people who made that decision bigots.

It's the same old thing over and over again - people made some comics you didn't like, therefore those people are immoral and have sinister motivations.

Take a step back. That's not a healthy response to disliking a comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    This is the same rationale that companies like Amazon uses to argue their employees shouldn't be unionized. It doesn't fly when they say it, and it's not going to fly now either.
    What are you talking about? What dots are you connecting here? What are you criticising me for? I am stating facts. I am explaining the difference between Marvel staff and freelancers. Most comic writers and artists are freelancers, not staff of the publishers. That is a fact. Not a rationale, not an argument, an irrefutable fact.

Folks, take a look at the thread title. That's what you need to focus your commentary on, not each other and not through rude & insulting assumptions of the creative staff's motivations. Keep it civil, do not get personal.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

Just a inquiry...
    Now that Spidey got erased from the Multiverse in Dan Slott's End of Spider-Verse, shouldn't the OMD deal been undone since it never took place?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Just a inquiry...
    Now that Spidey got erased from the Multiverse in Dan Slott's End of Spider-Verse, shouldn't the OMD deal been undone since it never took place?
    maybe silk had OMD instead and not that it matters look like this Peter isnt with a Mj anyway or would he be with MJ since no Gwen death happen for Mj to mature
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I was very confident Spencer would do it, when he didn't I was still hopeful because he had basically laid it all out for Marvel to do it, then Zeb Wells came in and did a total 180 and screwed the character like he hadn't been since OMD and has given us awful characterization for both Peter and MJ, I just hope his run ends and the next writer cleans up his mess, so we can have OMD undone by ASM #1000. Honestly I think if they're ever going to do it it will be in ASM #1000, if they don't do it that issue, I honestly don't think they ever will.

But I am still hopeful the plan is to do it in ASM #1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorson-98 View Post
    I was very confident Spencer would do it, when he didn't I was still hopeful because he had basically laid it all out for Marvel to do it, then Zeb Wells came in and did a total 180 and screwed the character like he hadn't been since OMD and has given us awful characterization for both Peter and MJ, I just hope his run ends and the next writer cleans up his mess, so we can have OMD undone by ASM #1000. Honestly I think if they're ever going to do it it will be in ASM #1000, if they don't do it that issue, I honestly don't think they ever will.

But I am still hopeful the plan is to do it in ASM #1000.
    Would Spencer have been able to do it, though? Apparently, Marvel is still very anti-marriage behind the scenes, and, if after over a decade, the needle has shifted from "Peter/MJ was a huge mistake from day one" to "the Spider-Marriage is a cool non-canon premise, but being single is the most important trait of the canon Spider-Man" (despite how anti-OMD the franchise as a whole is) can't say I can see it coming back any time soon, milestone comic or not.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Late to the party here, but I think it's pretty evident by now that this is regarded a terrible story. I imagine it's only a matter of time before Marvel decides to score some free points by cashing in their reversal card

Incredible Member

If I were an unscrupulous person, I'd take bets on this.
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 03-12-2023 at 11:23 PM.