Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Knight Terrors Horror-Event Coming Summer 2023

At today’s ComicsPRO convention, DC illuminated the “Dawn of DC” timeline to reveal its Summer event, Knight Terrors, written by Joshua Williamson (Superman) with art by Howard Porter (The Flash), Guillem March (The Joker), and more. DC also announced an exciting new update to its partnership with Japanese publisher Kodansha in which three of its manga comics featuring DC characters – Superman vs. Meshi, Batman: Justice Buster, and Joker: One Operation Joker – will be released in English for the first time. The Manga titles will be available in a serialized format digitally-first as an exclusive for DC UNIVERSE INFINITE subscribers and then will be in physical collections later this year.

Kicking off this July, Knight Terrors is a miniseries in which Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman find the body of one of their earliest enemies at the Hall of Justice. Their investigation takes them past the land of the living, beyond the land of the dead, into a realm of nightmares[VM1] . The only way to save the world is to call for the help of an unlikely hero, Deadman.

“I love horror comics, and it’s been a blast bringing the energy to Dawn of DC. Knight Terrors showcases the horror side of our heroes as a brand-new villain confronts them with their worst nightmares,” said Joshua Williamson. “It’s a fun and horrific event that brings together all of the heroes and villains of DC, along with some surprises!”

The horror-focused event will take over the DC publishing line in July and August and will feature multiple two-issue miniseries from superstar creative teams yet to be announced. Each of the miniseries will feature a DC Super Hero or Super-Villain confronting their worst nightmares in a “Nightmare Realm.” The Superheroes better be careful, as whatever happens to them in the Nightmare Realm will also be reflected in the Waking World.
    DC details ‘Knight Terrors’ summer 2023 horror event

Another Williamson event? Are you serious?

So, from Dark Crisis and "a perfect world for each Leaguer" to this, and "a nightmare world for each Leaguer." Well....points for consistency, I guess?

It's been a minute since the Trinity co-starred in a big event and I like the inclusion of Deadman, but I think I'll pass on this. Maybe if I really like the creative team or hook for a specific mini or something I'll grab that, but otherwise I can't say this has my interest. But who knows, as more details come out maybe they'll change my mind. But after Dark Crisis I'm inclined to stick to Williamson's solo titles and not his big Events.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ugh.

Does Wonder Woman have to be involved? Nothing good happens when she has to share space with Superman and Batman. And Williamson's previous efforts at writing her have been shite.

This is going to suck.

I swear to god, sometimes it feels less like your favorite character is part of a shared universe and more like they're being held hostage by it.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 02-23-2023 at 11:46 AM.

Nice to see Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman finally getting the spotlight

The only thing interesting to me so far is seeing Sandman there... in the back. Let's hope he has a significant role.

Is it me, or do those covers look like they were created by AI? (maybe all the nightmare realms will be populated by creatures with seventeen fingers on each hand)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-23-2023 at 11:43 AM.

I don’t hate what I hear, and I do like Williamson So I may pick it up if it’s short through July and August.

Like the inclusion of JSA’s sandman.

Though I will admit when they said what happens in the dreams effect the real world sounded like the Justice League are fighting Freddy Krueger.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Sorry, I didn't understand very well this part

"The horror-focused event will take over the DC publishing line in July and August"

That means this is going to be like Convergence and Future State and all series are going to be in a two month hiatus, or the mini series are going to be separated from the ongoing series?

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post

"The horror-focused event will take over the DC publishing line in July and August"

That means this is going to be like Convergence and Future State and all series are going to be in a two month hiatus, or the mini series are going to be separated from the ongoing series?
    I hope that's not the case.
    At least Dark Crisis didn't derail most of the titles, you could easily skip it. Hopefully they will be doing the same thing with this event.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

It's nice to see that Sandy will appear. But it's another Williamson's event, that's a huge hard pass. AT least it seems that will only last two months, that's the only good new of the entire new event.

Well I guess it’s not another Crisis rehash at least, but I can’t say I’m very enthusiastic. I loved Williamson’s first issue of Superman but I’m not eager to jump back into another event written by him. Still I may pick this up for Zatanna if she’s actually involved.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

If they can manage not to make this a Batman villain and ultimately be something that Batman solves then I will be interested in this crossover. My summer pull list is getting pretty big already though.

Incredible Member

Yeah, that is my concern as well. If it's mini's separate from the standard line, I'm onboard with checking some of the mini's out. If it's replacing the mainstream line... no thank you.

That would also be crappy to disrupt books like GL, Titans, etc that have only launched recently.

I doubt that DC is going to double the number of titles they publish, so yeah, regular titles will likely take a break. That sucks.

I was more excited by Batman: Justice Buster getting an English translation than this event until I saw it's DCUI exclusive which DC still hasn't rolled out on my side of the world.

I like Diana's cover. For a moment I was afraid it was yet another Darl Multiverse Batman but no it's Medusa and Ares inspired. That's good at least.

Still, I can't say I'm particularly excited.

Seems like it. I wonder if that means the normal creative teams are going to take a break for those two months too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I doubt that DC is going to double the number of titles they publish, so yeah, regular titles will likely take a break. That sucks.
    I doubt they are going to do a two-issue thing for every character but I do think they are tight on publishing room. Some books like Flash, Wonder Woman and Superman might take a two month hiatus while most of the books carry on and there will be a few of these two-issue things that are not replacing anything.