Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think I can say this, yes he’s in issue 1. Beyond the how’s and why’s go read
    Probably won't actively buy / "read" the issue whenever I next go to the comic book shop (which may not be until August at this rate), but may glance through it if they still have a copy.

I have very little trust in the writer after his miserable fill-in run on Batman and wasn't impressed by his Green Arrow #1.

So how are people liking the tie-ins so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I enjoyed the Zatanna one. That's the only one I've read so far (other than the main one last week).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just this morning bought KT: First Blood, Knight Terrors #1, KT: Green Lantern #1 and KT: Zatanna #1. I'm definitely not going to buy most of the tie ins even if I like these 4. I'm very much on the fence about this whole event but I love Deadman and the GA Sandman. Also Zatanna teaming up with Robotman is just too cool to pass up. I plan on getting the Titans tie-ins because I like the creative teams. I might pick up more or I might drop the entire event after I read the 4 issues I bought this morning on Comixology. Going to have to wait though because WF: Teen Titans and Unstoppable Doom Patrol are first up on my reading list today.

I'm gonna make a prediction here. I think Insomnia may turn out to be David Graves from Johns' Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I'm gonna make a prediction here. I think Insomnia may turn out to be David Graves from Johns' Justice League.
    Wasn’t David Graves an old man? I thought insomnia was just the guy from Lazarus Planet Dark Fate?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

He wasn't an old man, he just looked haggered from cancer or some other plot disease. I think you're right though, I'd honestly forgotten there was another villain in the Huntress story.

Just wanted to share my review from the thread I wrote

You know I was going to open this with a joke on the Freddy Krueger nursery rhyme but for the life of me it was hard to make it dc comics specific while keeping a creepy rhyme going. Regardless, the stage is set, the world is asleep, and tie ins are out. Now it’s just a matter of the main plot and learning about the new villain Insomnia.

Don’t worry I’m using spoiler boxes.

spoilers:

We learn a little bit about Insomnia, mainly his origin and would you believe he’s not related to Vertigo or Sandman or any other mythical story connected to Doctor Destiny and that he’s actually related to a freaking Lazarus Planet tie-in? No I’m not kidding, specifically Lazarus Planet: Dark Fate the Huntress story by Tim Seeley where Killer Moth tried to start a cult. That story ended with Lazarus rain hitting some mysterious person in a cell in Arkham Tower saying do not wake, and it turns out Insomnia was that guy. So in odd sense this is actually kind of Batman’s fault for the whole fighting Nezha, breaking the helmet of fate, and Lazarus volcano thing.

Yeah so Insomnia is just some guy who by pure accident gained incredible powers and now wants the mysterious nightmare stone to rule the world as a villain tends to do. Of course there is a problem with being the self appointed god of nightmares and that it’s hard to stay awake. He can’t stay in the waking world long without the stone and with a few stragglers like Red Tornado, Zatanna, and Deadman piloting Batman he has to send out some minions to look for the stone while he searches dreams. I’m sure we will see them in tie-ins.

But don’t worry Deadman is on the case after invading Insomnia’s mind, and there is only one person who can help now; Sandman….no not Morpheus or Sandy Hawkins. It’s actually long deceased member of the JSA Wesley Dodds who apparently has a connection to the story because of an old case. But see Deadman isn’t going to heaven or talking to another ghost because he needs living allies so he kind of does something he probably shouldn’t

He takes a sample of Lazarus rain from Batman, because of course Batman did, and he uses it to basically bring back Wesley as a sentient undead vigilante. Why do I say undead? Because you can clearly see his eyes and skin and that ain’t normal.
    end of spoilers

I will say that I am enjoying this new event. I mean I’m pretty good with an event that not only incorporates past events into the story but focuses on lesser used characters. I mean sure it’s Batman’s body but it’s predominantly the Deadman show with a few guest appearances and that’s not a bad thing to have. Also for those complaining about constant multiverse stories this isn’t one of them, it’s fairly magic related.

While it’s a lot of explaining our new villain focus it moves fast and if the rest of the story works well then this should be pretty good.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Just wanted to share my review from the thread I wrote
    Would the Sandman case involve 'Felix Black, the man who couldn't sleep!'?

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Would the Sandman case involve 'Felix Black, the man who couldn't sleep!'?
    We don’t actually know, Deadman gets little teases from Insomnia about who he is and the plot, and what he sees Sandman and a forgotten case and what looked like a cult sacrifice. But that would be one hell of a call back.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Okay, so I've been pretty down on this and I still don't care for Insomnia...but bringing back Wesley Dodds to solve the mystery of the sleeping terror was actually pretty good and I'm pretty pumped to see him team up with Deadman.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

PKJ tweeted out a preview for the Action comics tie-in. Conner may be a bad babysitter

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...43214774054913

Words to live by.

Conner the great influence .

I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this event so far. I'm not getting all the tie-ins but the ones I've read so far (Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Shazam, Black Adam) were fun and interesting. I generally find "dream/nightmare stories" somewhat boring but IMO these have all been decent reads.

Extraordinary Member

Knight Terrors: Superman #1 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Tom Reilly

Knight Terrors: Wonder Woman #1 Preview
    Writer: Josie Campbell
    Artist: Juan Ferreyra
    Backup Writer: Stephanie Williams
    Backup Artist: Meghan Hetrick

Knight Terrors: Nightwing #1 Preview
    Writer: Becky Cloonan and Michael Conrad
    Artist: Daniele Di Nicuolo