Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

If this will reintroduce the sobrenatural heroes like Lazarus Planet is doing, I'm ALL Fine. Give us Shadowpact, Frankstein, Swamp Thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    If this will reintroduce the sobrenatural heroes like Lazarus Planet is doing, I'm ALL Fine. Give us Shadowpact, Frankstein, Swamp Thing..
    Oh I would love if Ram V came back to write two more issues of Swamp Thing.

Also maybe some more Khalid Nassour since he’s the current Dr. Fate.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ah yes, wonder where is Khalid now? Last time I checked, it's Dreamer that holding the Fate helm

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Ah yes, wonder where is Khalid now? Last time I checked, it's Dreamer that holding the Fate helm
    I mean it’s a bit disconnected since he’s in the current JSA series, though that could be behind the current timeline of events.

Though dreamer could just give the helmet back, as I recall she only found him trapped in a dream dimension where he’s a doctor so all they’d need to do is patch the whole Batman left in the helmet.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Another masterpiece soon.

I wonder how much death there will be ... horror usually needs gruesome deaths to present the threat of danger. It'll be interesting to see how effective they'll be if they keep it PG.

Jesus, Williamson shared that part of the reason he agreed to do Knight Terrors despite originally being done with events after Dark Crisis is that the other pitches were all Multiverse/time travel/alternate reality stuff and he wanted DC to give that a rest for a while. Is DC truly so creatively barren that all people can think to do is endless Multiverse crap? Maybe Post-Crisis had the right idea in killing off the Multiverse.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jesus, Williamson shared that part of the reason he agreed to do Knight Terrors despite originally being done with events after Dark Crisis is that the other pitches were all Multiverse/time travel/alternate reality stuff and he wanted DC to give that a rest for a while. Is DC truly so creatively barren that all people can think to do is endless Multiverse crap? Maybe Post-Crisis had the right idea in killing off the Multiverse.
    "Multiverse" is just the popular thing. When something gets hot everyone wants to be a piece of it. Marvel is absolutely swimming in it and I am even seeing it pop up in random TV shows.

Insomnia is the name of the new villain, he starts off rather campy but as more of his backstory gets revealed, Williamson hopes readers will feel sympathetic for him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Insomnia is the name of the new villain, he starts off rather campy but as more of his backstory gets revealed, Williamson hopes readers will feel sympathetic for him.
    I'm surprised that name hasn't been used...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    "Multiverse" is just the popular thing. When something gets hot everyone wants to be a piece of it. Marvel is absolutely swimming in it and I am even seeing it pop up in random TV shows.
    Ever since the success of 'Spider-Man: into the Spider-verse' and 'Everything Everywhere All at Once', multiverse story has become a hot trend story everybody want to explore in the genre.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

To be honest, depending on the pitch I might have preferred a multiverse story that wasn’t written by Williamson but by someone more inspired and had as much imagination as someone like Morrison or Jonathan Hickman.

Thinking about it more, it would actually be more exciting if they explored this new infinite multiverse that they just opened up instead of doing no new stories with it since dark crisis ended. And from a sales perspective, a lot more people probably would consider buying a book about the multiverse with the hype of the flash and what marvel is doing. But I digress, knight terrors is what we ended up with.

Well technically PKJ is hinting at multiverse story with Dark Bruce/Talia and I think that sounds more exciting than this.

I feel like DC can come up with better event premises than something to do with the Multiverse...or maybe not immediately rush into another even story but this is the Big Two we're talking about.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like this Revenge of the Gods would have been a fun line wide event (which does not seem like it really has anything to do with Lazarus Planet anyway).