Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Contest of Chaos

Another summer event announced.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ga-summer-2023

Stay tuned next week for information on CONTEST OF CHAOS, an upcoming Marvel Comics saga that challenges your favorite heroes to embrace their inner CHAOS!

CONTEST OF CHAOS
    Promotional artwork by BRYAN HITCH
    On Sale Summer 2023

Witness the corruption of absolute chaos in CONTEST OF CHAOS, arriving in Summer 2023!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

There's got to be an MCU announcement on Ghost Rider coming. That character is getting a huge push.

Is that Star Fox and White Fox in the back?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I might be mistaken, but this feels like a Jed MacKay event spinning out of Avengers.
    The title font is similar to the Scarlet Witch solo book title font, but Steve Orlando will be writing the weekly Spider-Man 2099 Dark Genesis event in summer, so he'll likely be busy.
    So it has to be the other writer currently writing Scarlet Witch - Jed MacKay.

He's writing Avengers (with Scarlet Witch), Doctor Strange (with Stephen, Clea and Wong) and Moon Knight.
    His Strange book had a scene between Jean Grey and Wong tying the mysterium the mutants have with overall state of magic.
    It makes sense for him to write a magic based Marvel event.

In Timeless, one of the upcoming Tribulation Events MacKay hinted the Avengers will face was 'The King of Magic', which I suspect is what this is.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I might be mistaken, but this feels like a Jed MacKay event spinning out of Avengers.
    The title font is similar to the Scarlet Witch solo book title font, but Steve Orlando will be writing the weekly Spider-Man 2099 Dark Genesis event in summer, so he'll likely be busy.

He's writing Avengers (with Scarlet Witch), Doctor Strange (with Stephen, Clea and Wong) and Moon Knight.
    His Strange book had a scene between Jean Grey and Wong tying the mysterium the mutants have with overall state of magic.

In Timeless, one of the upcoming Tribulation Events MacKay hinted the Avengers will face was 'The King of Magic', which I suspect is what this is.
    Huh! That's his whole team on there, alright. And he did work with the Korea heroes before, too.

Nice catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    There's got to be an MCU announcement on Ghost Rider coming. That character is getting a huge push.

Is that Star Fox and White Fox in the back?
    I think that is Taegukgi from Tiger Division.

Yeah, it's him and White Fox. Not Eros.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hope this doesn't lean too hard into hero vs. hero.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post

Doesn't bode well for that Avengers book if 2 or 3 books in, McKay is doing an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I think that is Taegukgi from Tiger Division.
    Ah, thank you.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope this doesn't lean too hard into hero vs. hero.
    ^^^Yeah I’m really tired of that particular plot.

Zero interest in another hero vs hero story.

Extraordinary Member

Please make the bad men stop.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

So tired of this hero vs hero nonsense. It's like the company has forgotten that they have an entire catalog of villains for the heroes to fight.

“MARVEL’S HEROES BEAT THE HELL OUT OF EACH OTHER IN A MASSIVE NEW STORY”
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-x-men...-marvel-event/

Is the CBR link to click. Guess that says it all.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I hope Wanda is at the center of this event.

I’m going to wait to hear the creative team before I put this on my pull list. The hero vs. hero events have been done a bunch though.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark