Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I guess for me it's what kind of hero vs hero event will it be, is it in the same vain as AvX, XvI, Civil War or is similar to contest of champions, cos if it's the former i'll write it off straight away i've truly had enough of those, but if it's closer to coc i'll pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Wiccan View Post
    I guess for me it's what kind of hero vs hero event will it be, is it in the same vain as AvX, XvI, Civil War or is similar to contest of champions, cos if it's the former i'll write it off straight away i've truly had enough of those, but if it's closer to coc i'll pick it up.
    This is where I'm at with it. Because I did like CoC a lot.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I'm not interested in it regardless. Even the best version of this is going to be a dumb Michael Bay movie with razor-thin characterization and lots of explosions. There's no version of this that holds the slightest interest for me.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I'm not interested in it regardless. Even the best version of this is going to be a dumb Michael Bay movie with razor-thin characterization and lots of explosions. There's no version of this that holds the slightest interest for me.
    That sounds about right Michael....I'm no fan of these "events", and prefer team ups, where heroes get to know each other better as opposed to trying to kill each other..

Incredible Member

I also like COC a lot

I loved both Contest of Champions. The second one holds a special place with me. I think it’s underrated to say the least.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    ...with Dr Doom winning only for it to be revealed that it was just a Doombot and the real Doom was chilling in his castle watching the whole show with popcorn.
    I wonder what wine would go with popcorn though?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I loved both Contest of Champions. The second one holds a special place with me. I think it’s underrated to say the least.
    That was the one with Tony and Rogue breaking free and playing John McClane, right? I really liked that one, too

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Wiccan View Post
    I don't think till be nearly as large in scale as any of those events

Honestly speaking I'd love to read a properly done hero vs hero story where the conflict is born from a difference of opinion with each side having sound arguments and not something that could have been resolved with a 5 minute chat between the opposing sides. Oh and no character going OOC to breed conflict, just a clash of beliefs. Writers almost always take shortcuts to such stories and that's why they are usually in poor taste. Though writing a proper hero vs hero story must be really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wonder what wine would go with popcorn though?
    Damn, I've never thought of that I guess he's just gonna sip wine then.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Honestly speaking I'd love to read a properly done hero vs hero story where the conflict is born from a difference of opinion with each side having sound arguments and not something that could have been resolved with a 5 minute chat between the opposing sides. Oh and no character going OOC to breed conflict, just a clash of beliefs. Writers almost always take shortcuts to such stories and that's why they are usually in poor taste. Though writing a proper hero vs hero story must be really hard.
    I feel like that's practically impossible for modern Superhero writers.

I loved both Contest of Champions.
    Me too! The '82 version is an All-Time Classic (IMHO):
    The second one holds a special place with me. I think it’s underrated to say the least.
    With Tony taking the lead, that's quite understandable.

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-01-2023 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Details should be dropping today, right?

Manifesting a MacKay\Rocafort 5-issue joint

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Details should be dropping today, right?

Manifesting a MacKay\Rocafort 5-issue joint
    Yep. Here it is

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=203645569

Agatha Harkness Conjures Up a 'Contest of Chaos' in 'Scarlet Witch Annual' #1
    June's 'Scarlet Witch Annual' #1 will serve as a prelude to 'Contest of Chaos,' an interconnected saga that will run across various Marvel Comics annuals this summer.

Teased last week in a promotional image by artist Bryan Hitch, chaos will reign this summer in the new Marvel Comics saga, CONTEST OF CHAOS!

The story will star the newly rejuvenated Agatha Harkness, fresh off her exciting role in MIDNIGHT SUNS, as she attempts to craft a new Darkhold book using chaos magic. Led by writer Stephanie Phillips (ROGUE & GAMBIT, COSMIC GHOST RIDER), CONTEST OF CHAOS will unfold in multiple annuals throughout the summer by a host of all-star creators, beginning with a prelude issue in SCARLET WITCH ANNUAL #1.

Spinning out of writer Steve Orlando and Sara Pichelli’s hit SCARLET WITCH ongoing series, SCARLET WITCH ANNUAL #1 will be written by Orlando and drawn by Carlos Nieto, a rising star who recently made his Marvel Comics debut in MURDERWORLD: WOLVERINE. The exciting prelude will see Agatha, reenergized and more motivated than ever before, put her bold new plans for the Marvel Universe into motion as she reunites with Scarlet Witch for the first time since her rejuvenation.

When she learns of Wanda’s recent absorption of Chthon, she decides to educate her former student on the dangers of such an endeavor. But Wanda is not the meek pupil she once was—and Agatha’s intentions are not so straightforward. This epic clash between Marvel’s most powerful witches will set off a chain reaction that will erupt across special annual issues of Marvel’s hottest ongoing titles.

The CONTEST OF CHAOS annuals will center around Agatha’s quest to bring Chaos magic to the forefront so she can take her rightful place as one of the universe’s greatest sorcerers. In order to do so, she’ll orchestrate a mystically-charged challenge involving your favorite heroes. Watch as Wolverine, Spider-Man, Venom, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Cyclops, Storm, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Human Torch, Taegukgi, Ghost-Spider, White Fox, and Deadpool are corrupted by chaos and pitted against each other in a thunderous tournament! Each annual will introduce a new matchup with each showdown, upping the stakes and building toward an explosive final round, all part of Agatha’s grand scheme to reinvent Marvel magic!
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member

I hate what Marvel is doing to/with comic book Agatha. Why do all of the powerful women in the Marvel Universe have to be turned into villains at some point?!

And, okay, they cast a younger actress for WandaVision -- and everyone, including me, lover her in the role. But making her young in the comic books seems kind of ageist to me.