Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

So this is a storyline told across annuals? At least it'll be easy to ignore.

I don't care for trying to synergize Agatha and making her an antagonist.

Hmm, the fact that Agatha was always so quick to integrate herself into the lives of two future powerful reality warpers (Franklin Richards and then Wanda) was always a bit suspect, imo.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Absolute dream scenario--the ongoing Wanda book can keep going undisturbed, while having an event all her own...over there!

Reminds me of the Infinite Destinies thing MacKay did with Black Cat and the infinity stones. Marvel's giving Phillips an assignment like this is both a show of faith and a challenge--hoping big things come her way as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Hmm, the fact that Agatha was always so quick to integrate herself into the lives of two future powerful reality warpers (Franklin Richards and then Wanda) was always a bit suspect, imo.
    She was also recently toying with Billy so yeah she really has a type.
    Last edited by Galerion; 03-02-2023 at 05:24 PM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    She was also recently toying with Billy so yeah she really has a type.
    I think that was part of the MCU-ifying of her character.

I guess we'll see how it plays out. I hope for the best.
    I hope that other magic characters can challenge her like Dr. Voodoo and others.

I also hope that she does not commit mass murder which is kind of a trope to show how bad-azz a villain is..

It sounds cool so I'll pick up the annauls for books I'm already reading. Using annuals as tie-ins is a good way to go.

I don't mind Agatha being the antagonist but I'm hoping it's handled well.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-03-2023 at 07:33 AM.

I’ll get the annuals to the books I’m already getting. I am more interested now getting more info about it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I like Marvel going back to the Annuals for big events like Atlantis Attacks or Evolutionary War. I also like it being one writer being the main person involved, so it doesn't become to uneven. I just hope that she takes into account what is going on in the ongoing as well, so there's no disconnect between them.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I like Marvel going back to the Annuals for big events like Atlantis Attacks or Evolutionary War. I also like it being one writer being the main person involved, so it doesn't become to uneven. I just hope that she takes into account what is going on in the ongoing as well, so there's no disconnect between them.
    I'm actually a bit confused about that part. It's says in the announcement that all these issues will be made by a host of all-star creators. The Scarlet Witch annual which will start it all will also be written by Orlando and not by Phillips. It makes her role a bit of a question mark if the same will be true for the others too. I think she won't actually write anything.
    Last edited by Galerion; 03-03-2023 at 10:44 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I hate what Marvel is doing to/with comic book Agatha. Why do all of the powerful women in the Marvel Universe have to be turned into villains at some point?!

And, okay, they cast a younger actress for WandaVision -- and everyone, including me, lover her in the role. But making her young in the comic books seems kind of ageist to me.
    No one dies forever; everything old is new again. That's kind of ongoing comics fiction in a nutshell.

Several male characters have been -- What's the word they used? Oh yeah, "reenergized" -- over the many decades in younger forms, so it doesn't surprise me at all that Agatha gets the same treatment. I'm just hoping that someone will finally get a clue and "reenergize" Blue Marvel as well.

Fantastic Member

Hard pass on this..

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    In one of her major face-offs with Salem's Seven, Agatha was shown at the end in a big splash-page holding Franklin in her arms and shouting something about 'behold the wonders a true witch can create!' and casting a spell that fixed all the damage Salem's Seven had done, mind-wiped New Yorkers of the event, etc. and even at that time I thought that she was somehow tapping into the power of Franklin to do that, just as Dr. Strange would invoke the power of extra-dimensional entities like Cytorrak or Valtorr or Watoomb. (Because it felt consistent with how Strange's magic worked, for Agatha to be similarly tapping into a vast power source other than just herself, to fuel a spell of that scale.)

But I also prefer the notion that she's older, even if she doesn't look it. She's got adult *grandchildren* after all. (The abovementioned Salem's Seven.)