Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So how much of this is going to be Janine going "woe is me" while trying to avoid everybody?

"Breakout character" Marvel really loves throwing that out there.
    Remember when they said the same thing about that Star chick from Captain Marvel vol 10? As far as I've noticed, the reception to her was basically "okay".

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    maybe Maddie told them
    Wouldn't be surprised if she did that lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Remember when they said the same thing about that Star chick from Captain Marvel vol 10? As far as I've noticed, the reception to her was basically "okay".
    The one thing I'll say about Star is she was a pretty awful person in her introduction. A character you kind of enjoy for how awful she was despite masquerading as a hero (and as an anti-Supergirl). Although I think that became muddled in her own mini.

Of course now she's nowhere to be seen.

The one thing I'll say about Star is she was a pretty awful person in her introduction. A character you kind of enjoy for how awful she was despite masquerading as a hero (and as an anti-Supergirl). Although I think that became muddled in her own mini.
    I didn't find her that interesting even as a villain, and I can get pretty amused by villains lol.

It doesn't help that her identity is the reporter from early issues, the same reporter who was barely a presence to the point I forgot she exists, and it took me a while to realize what's the connection...

She has a pretty cool costume though, even if it's basically a similar idea to Power Girl's costume, but one that covers legs (and cleavage) but exposes arms.

Ah yes, the truest sign of a breakout character .

Really, not just Star but all those who were bonded with Infinity Stones. The whole thing just feels like something Marvel had plans for but scrapped them when the audience didn’t seem all that interested. At this point, I only expect we’ll see them again when Thanos decides he wants to go after the Infinity Stones again where most if not all will be quickly disposed of for their stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I didn't find her that interesting even as a villain, and I can get pretty amused by villains lol.

It doesn't help that her identity is the reporter from early issues, the same reporter who was barely a presence to the point I forgot she exists, and it took me a while to realize what's the connection...

She has a pretty cool costume though, even if it's basically a similar idea to Power Girl's costume, but one that covers legs (and cleavage) but exposes arms.
    Yeah, I agree the build up to her wasn't that great. She was barely a presence in the first arc and then suddenly she's a major character.

A lot of characters seem to be relying more on cool costumes at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Really, not just Star but all those who were bonded with Infinity Stones. The whole thing just feels like something Marvel had plans for but scrapped them when the audience didn’t seem all that interested. At this point, I only expect we’ll see them again when Thanos decides he wants to go after the Infinity Stones again where most if not all will be quickly disposed of for their stone.
    Did they ever resolve the story of the guy who was framed for murder and had the...Space Stone, I think? That only Gerry Duggan cared about.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, I agree the build up to her wasn't that great. She was barely a presence in the first arc and then suddenly she's a major character.

Did they ever resolve the story of the guy who was framed for murder and had the...Space Stone, I think? That only Gerry Duggan cared about.
    I think the Space Stone ended up with the Quantum guy who was the Assessor's main agent in Miles Morales's series by Saladin Ahmed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I think you’re thinking of the Time Stone. But nope, never really resolved that story. Last we saw of him was when Black Cat gathered him, Quantum and Star.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I think you’re thinking of the Time Stone. But nope, never really resolved that story. Last we saw of him was when Black Cat gathered him, Quantum and Star.
    Infinity Score?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Hey, you said the same thing I did .

But yeah, she wasn't interesting enough too, her super villain origin story, eh...

From what I hear she ended up in Thunderbolts with a very different personality, and she was basically a psychopath in Captain Marvel vol 10, and apparently she's not as villainous in Thunderbolts?

Good, that era of casual costumes was really lame.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 02-26-2023 at 05:33 PM.

Spectacular Member

assumed this would be trash after the character assassination in ASM - but the preview is already better than every single panel Wells wrote her in so I may even check this out!

Maybe she wants to steal an ancient mask from the museum or something?

it's a cool powerset, and although the way she became powered and her motivations in Dark Reign were absolute utter arse this series could be good as framed (multiple times) woman is on the run.... her motivations need to be good though as she could easily escape and live a nice quiet life, I don't think she was ever tied to NYC either so no reason for her to stay there at all

Astonishing Member

There's some buzz that the book is pretty solid

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    From 4chan or somewhere else

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    From 4chan or somewhere else
    From 4chan

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Well, the writing seems a step up from Dark Web if nothing else.

Astonishing Member

Well, the writing seems a step up from Dark Web if nothing else.
    I haven't read anything by Erica Schultz before. Maybe she's good. I still wonder what the premise is