Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm waiting to pick this up in TPB when it drops so I'm glad to hear the first issue was pretty solid.

Re: 'Breakout Character' from the first page. Star was mentioned and I'll add Angela in as well. Marvel pushed her hard for about 2years and now she is nowhere (to my knowledge) despite working her into Asgardian lineage.
    She appears sporadically in the current Thor run but her being Thor's long-lost sister feels as forced now, if not moreso, then it did back when it was first introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She appears sporadically in the current Thor run but her being Thor's long-lost sister feels as forced now, if not moreso, then it did back when it was first introduced.
    Thor’s baby sister gets more to do than Angela these days. Hell, I’m pretty sure she was nowhere to be seen back in War of the Realms and that involved all of Thor’s family.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Thor’s baby sister gets more to do than Angela these days. Hell, I’m pretty sure she was nowhere to be seen back in War of the Realms and that involved all of Thor’s family.
    she was in Asgardians of the Galaxy then some team called Strikeforce
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

How many masks does she have in that bag? I really want to discover if those masks can work on someone else besides Janice. The cover of issue 2 might confirm it, as it seems a police officer put on the werewolf mask.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Oh yes. A couple nice flashbacks to a kinder, gentler Ben (although my one nerdy nitpick is they depict him as having blonde hair during his “lost years”).

This issue was a pleasant surprise, much better than I was expecting and a much better handling of Janine than anything seen in Dark Web.
    Ben being blond in the flashbacks as well might be from when he and Janine (first) reunited in Spider-Man: Redemption, though Ben dyeing his hair to keep from being mistaken for Peter before he became Spider-Man was also used in the 90s animated series' take on The Clone Saga.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    How many masks does she have in that bag? I really want to discover if those masks can work on someone else besides Janice. The cover of issue 2 might confirm it, as it seems a police officer put on the werewolf mask.
    According to elsewhere spoilers,spoilers:
    Janine's powers mimic every last thing their originals do and supposedly she wears a werewolf mask at one point and bites a police officer... who becomes a werewolf himself.
    end of spoilers
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    According to elsewhere spoilers,spoilers:
    Janine's powers mimic every last thing their originals do and supposedly she wears a werewolf mask at one point and bites a police officer... who becomes a werewolf himself.
    end of spoilers
    I thought that was because the guard put on the werewolf mask by accident. I guess this proves those masks are more dangerous than we thought.

Worries me the presence of Beyond Corp in the shadows.

Many covers had Hallow's Eve with a Spider-Man's mask. I wonder if she has a Black Cat's mask too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ben being blond in the flashbacks as well might be from when he and Janine (first) reunited in Spider-Man: Redemption,
    But he had his motorcycle in the flashback and he had already wrecked that in ‘Exiled’ before he dyed it blonde (see, I told you I’m a nerdy nitpicker )

though Ben dyeing his hair to keep from being mistaken for Peter before he became Spider-Man was also used in the 90s animated series' take on The Clone Saga.
    Sure, it’s possible. That crossed my mind too. But it seemed like his whole reasoning for dying his hair was the fallout from Peter’s trial after being confused with Ben and Kaine, and Peter’s supporting cast recognizing him on the streets once he was back in New York (like Aunt Anna in ‘Sensational’ #0).

First issue's good, y'all. And the art! Mamma mia, Dowling brings it.

Here's hoping Janine got a pikachu mask in her arsenal. That would merit like 6 eisners

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    First issue's good, y'all. And the art! Mamma mia, Dowling brings it.

Here's hoping Janine got a pikachu mask in her arsenal. That would merit like 6 eisners
    I find his art a little too stiff

Beyond is back that's good wonder if she can cure the cop next issue
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'm glad Janine isn't completely unsympathetic here.

Also, about time Maxine showed back up. Anyone else hoping she dies by the end of this?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I'm glad Janine isn't completely unsympathetic here.

Also, about time Maxine showed back up. Anyone else hoping she dies by the end of this?
    She deserves it, but she won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I find his art a little too stiff
    He's definitely of the Mikel Janin "Pretty people posing" school of comic-book art, but that has it's own merits. The action might not flow as well, sure. But the individual panels and spreads will burrow into your memory and stay there.

It definitely feels like they toned a bit down on Janine compared to Dark Web to make her more sympathetic. Here, she at least feels like she’s doing what she is out of love rather than bitterness, just wanting to be able to have her happily ever with Ben where they don’t have to have to be on the run and doesn’t seem to want to hurt the security guard realizing that he’s just doing his job and has loved ones of his own even showing concern at the fact that her actions had had unforeseen consequences for him. It’s honestly much more compelling of a voice compared to how she didn’t seem to care who got hurt back in Dark Web when she literally helped a demon army march on New York.