Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The majority might not agree, but a personal favorite would be...

"Endgame!"
    (Avengers #69; #70; #71)

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-28-2023 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The main problem with Kang Dynasty besides it lasting too long was it should have been a mega crossover. .
    How is that the writer's fault? It's pretty clear the leadership weren't that particularly invested in that interpretation of Avengers and weren't interested in signal boosting with another crossover (it got one with Maximum Security).

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

"Endgame!"
    (Avengers #69; #70; #71)

Those three issues are pretty dang good. In addition to the fine Sal Buscema art, we get the debut of Grandmaster, Hyperion, Squadron Sinister which is really also Squadron Supreme, and the Invaders. Dane Whitman also officially joins the Avengers, although he doesn’t appear again for nearly a year. For a three-issue arc, that’s an impressive number of milestones for Marvel. The story also makes sense, which is not something anyone could say about so many of Kang’s appearances. I wouldn’t mind some kind of MCU adaptation of this story arc at all.
    Last edited by Brian B; 02-28-2023 at 09:51 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

If you want to read all the Kang appearances, you can use this website: The Complete Marvel Comics Reading Order You can search for any characters by using the Characters option at the top menu

He's been in a lot of comics lately. He frequently appeared in the Doctor Doom solo series also. I wonder if the movies will explore their relationship eventually. That always confused me.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-28-2023 at 10:31 AM.

Ultimate Member

That Doom series was impressively bad.

But it makes sense that the two would be rivals. Both are in the same league and wouldn't fear the other.

They teamed up in Infinity War, and seem to revolve around the other when they get their own focus

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

But it makes sense that the two would be rivals. Both are in the same league and wouldn't fear the other.

They teamed up in Infinity War, and seem to revolve around the other when they get their own focus
    Damn. This definitely jogs the memory. All things considered, an underrated team-up

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    How is that the writer's fault? It's pretty clear the leadership weren't that particularly invested in that interpretation of Avengers and weren't interested in signal boosting with another crossover (it got one with Maximum Security).
    It was not the writers fault it was the editors. They should have looked at this story and said "this is just too big an event to just be in one book" and worked from there.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I have to disagree with you on the Doctor Doom solo. I thought it was as good as some of his other solo series like Infamous Iron Man. And it was nominated by industry pros for an Eisner Award.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have to disagree with you on the Doctor Doom solo. I thought it was as good as some of his other solo series like Infamous Iron Man. And it was nominated by industry pros for an Eisner Award.
    To each their own, but on the last point, so was Cry for Justice

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

"Endgame!"
    (Avengers #69; #70; #71)

These were fantastic then, around my age of 12, and still quite good. I loved Sal as their artist.
    One of my favorite covers is where the Avengers are all standing around Vision on the ground, seemingly dead or deactivated. From around this time.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all