Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Earth 2: Futures End #1

Michael Holt has survived the war between the two worlds he's called home. Now, he's taking drastic measures to ensure that there will be no more war - regardless of the cost!

3-D Motion Edition: $3.99 US

Full preview here.

BANNED

I might skip this. Just looking at the last page leads me to think that Cadmus has been experimenting on the Earth 2 heroes. To much like marvels cw for me.

Sloan is such a douche btw why is he work for prime earth's government isnt he a native of earth 2

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I might skip this. Just looking at the last page leads me to think that Cadmus has been experimenting on the Earth 2 heroes. To much like marvels cw for me.
    When did heroes experiment on other heroes in Civil War?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    When did heroes experiment on other heroes in Civil War?
    Sorry, my mistake it was afterwards, I consider Tony's attack on Jen experimentation since he used a new weapon.
    This series just has the same sort of feel to it, war between heroes, heroes locked up... and I'm sure it's leading to some sort of universe reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Sorry, my mistake it was afterwards, I consider Tony's attack on Jen experimentation since he used a new weapon.
    This series just has the same sort of feel to it, war between heroes, heroes locked up... and I'm sure it's leading to some sort of universe reboot.
    So far it isn't hero vs hero its more Villians got too much power. i think Worlds end will be hero vs hero but you can't really blame them Earth 3 invaded a few months before,

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    So far it isn't hero vs hero its more Villians got too much power. i think Worlds end will be hero vs hero but you can't really blame them Earth 3 invaded a few months before,
    Worlds End will be Earth 2 heroes vs Apokalips.

Is Sonia Sato's first name?

Futures End revealed that E-2 heroes are being experimented on, but so far it doesn't look like heroes are doing that.

Well I guess the speculation that Terry Sloane was masquerading as Holt has been debunked. I was totally sold on that theory. So Mr. Terrific was acting like an arrogant douche for real and not because he was being controlled by Slaone. Though Michael seems a lot different here than in the Future's End book and there's been no hint in that book that Sloane would return. Are the writers on the same page?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well I guess the speculation that Terry Sloane was masquerading as Holt has been debunked. I was totally sold on that theory. So Mr. Terrific was acting like an arrogant douche for real and not because he was being controlled by Slaone. Though Michael seems a lot different here than in the Future's End book and there's been no hint in that book that Sloane would return. Are the writers on the same page?
    I believed in the "Sloan in the disguise" theory, too, but maybe it's more interesting to have Holt's apparent shift in personality be a reaction to everything that happened to him, and everything he did, during the war. He obviously had to develop some hard edges and a taste for public relations in order to survive and prosper in this new world. I think Holt has been seeming less horrible in his last few appearances in Futures End--more like he's a bit lost and trying to find his way, and less like a complete jerk.

So, from what Earth is Sloan? There was also interesting line about hoping that improving technology will turn us into heroes. But other than that it felt kinda standard, well better than last years E-2 villain issues, but thats not saying much.

Always Rakzo

This was kinda confusing, a decent read but a confusing one.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I tried too like the book, but it was way too confusing. And the Micheal in this book was nothing like the Micheal in the actual Futures End book.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

This was actually good. Color me surprised.

BANNED

Agreed,very confusing, but time jumps will do that. Not great what they did to Lois.