Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

I wouldn't say it was particularly deep, but it's a lot of fun.

Amazing Member

I enjoyed the first arc though it wasn't that great but dumb superhero fun. The Graves arc is the low point of the book in my opinion. It has ranged from good to pretty great since Throne of Atlantis, especially the Cyborg and the Metal Men issues.

Astonishing Member

The first 14 issues are phoned in crap. After that it's not great, but decent.

It isn't nearly as good as it could be, but it's ok. It's a pretty generic team book and so far hasn't offered anything truly groundbreaking, but it's enjoyable.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It isn't nearly as good as it could be, but it's ok. It's a pretty generic team book and so far hasn't offered anything truly groundbreaking, but it's enjoyable.
    Putting spoilers:
    Lex and Captain Cold
    end of spoilers on the Justice League seems pretty fresh. After 50 years of stories there isn't much you can do that would be considered "ground breaking".

Astonishing Member

I think it's one of the best titles DC is putting out. I wish the other JL titles were as good.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Putting spoilers:
    Lex and Captain Cold
    end of spoilers on the Justice League seems pretty fresh. After 50 years of stories there isn't much you can do that would be considered "ground breaking".
    I don't need "ground breaking" . . . I want enjoyable and inspirational. A team doing things that the members acting by themselves can't quite accomplish alone.

BANNED

First couple arcs were pretty dull, got much better with Throne of Atlantis and Forever Evil (Trinity of Sin wasn't that great though).

Too Avenger-ish for my tastes. It lacks the depth previous runs had (excluding the very last JL team) and the pace is awful.

But my main issue with book is characterizations. Characters are VASTLY different from their own books. I used to follow two of them, Flash & Wonder Woman and the characters in JL and in their solo were two different entities. I just couldn't stand it after some time. They all act like huge jerks and Geoff really can't get the team right.

I put characterization before mindless action so if you are going for the same, no, I don't recommend this book to you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Start with Throne of Atlantis. Wasn't a fan of the first two arcs.
    This, from Throne of atlantis onwards its great

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'd definitely say it's worth it. Geoff's Justice League has been anything but predictable with having a brand new villain(Graves) as the antagonist of the 2nd arc, the Trinity War amongst the 3 JL teams, and now, having Lex Luthor and Captain Cold join the team.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Always Rakzo

Everything starting from the 2nd year (especifically the Throne of Atlantis storyline) has been fantastic.

It's easily one of the best team books in terms of scale and worldbuilding.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    For a story about the origin of the Justice League set when the heroes were still early in their new careers, you can get away with them acting like rookies. But once they all have more experience, it doesn't make any sense and becomes almost offensive.
    Exactly. And even in the first arc, I think they went too far on that direction.

Part of my dislike, and this is particular to me, also stem from the fact that this team is basically holding the entirety of the DC Universe back; the League still act like rookies, the team never changed it's formation, and they're the top dogs; hence, everyone else has to be yet less experienced and competent than they are, and those are just not the heroes I want to read about. (Both in JL and other titles). I guess the only ones to sort of "escape" this limitation were Wonder Woman (who's on the team, yet is a completely different, vastly superior character in her own book) and Green Arrow (though I expect this to end as soon as Lemire and Sorrentino leave).

As someone else put it, it's too avenger-ish, which is ironic considering the current state of the main Avengers team.

I like it I recommend you try it and see for yourself.

The leagues line up has been on heavy rotation since Hal left.