Default Golden Rush: RPG Discussion Thread

Figured I have nothing to lose by testing the waters with this RPG Idea.

Golden Rush

Many things drove Mankind to reach for the stars, scientific discovery, exploration, colonization, curiosity...however the one main driving force for world where power is measured by wealth is profit. Profit primarily through mining and seeking new resources to exploit for profit.

With recently advanced technology that is now able to make inexpensive spaceships that can bend the laws of physics enough to send them traveling quickly throughout the Milky-way Galaxy, waves of profiteers, miners, explorers, as well as Corporate Teams, spread out to seek the mother-loads.

As expected, word came back of mineral rich asteroids and planets with biospheres rich in plant life. These are the kind of reports everyone expected. What they didn't expect was one lone miner returning to Earth with mineral samples, including one that had never been seen before. This small sample, nicknamed 'golden' for it's coloration, once removed from it's storage vessel, gave off a low level radioactive glow.

At first it seemed like a scientific curiosity with little real value. That is until a news report came in. It seems that the Miner who 'donated' the sample to the corporation that helped fund his exploration trip, was caught on video walking away from an encounter with a high speed vehicle.

By the following year, certain facts became known the general public. First, that there existed a mineral called Golden that could give humans superhuman abilities. Second, that small quantities have been found on several asteroids, planetary satellites, and other locations. Three, the effects of exposure to Golden only last for a limited time, a few weeks at best. Four, if anyone could find the source of Golden, the Mother-load, they would be rich beyond their wildest dreams as well as powerful.

Do you have what it takes to brave the unknown and seek out this treasure?

--------------

This will be a mix of free form writing and RPG controlled encounters. If this sounds interesting to you, let me know.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Place Holder Page

Place Holder Page 2

I'm interested in this and interested in repurposing unused RPG characters. My list of unused RPG characters

1 Callisto Therianthlot

2 Pan Yxalag
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.