Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-23: Deadly Regenesis #1 - Lettered Preview

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Haymaker is cute so I wonder if he'll be an enemy slash possible love interest that comes back around in current continuity.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Haymaker is cute so I wonder if he'll be an enemy slash possible love interest that comes back around in current continuity.
    That'd be cute! Laura's rogues gallery could use an "Homme Fatale", if you may

Aside from that, I'm struggling to connect to what the story is, exactly

BANNED

Honestly, I'm surprised we haven't seen more villains hitting on her considering she's canonically been compared favorably to Jean Grey.

It's also interesting just how differently Kimura's interactions with Haymaker here are than how she treated Laura and Bellona. She actually almost seems like she cares.

And while it's just a couple pages, I do like what I've seen of how Laura's being written so far.

I really want to avatar up her face in that second page, but I don't think I could bear having to go into hiding again.

Haymaker is wearing boxing gloves, covering his hands. If he even HAS any hands.

Why not tell us your real identity, "Jordan?"
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Spider-Man and Laura doing a fastball special? Cool!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Classic X-23 returning to be he badass teen assassin we know and love? Yes, please!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Spider-Man and Laura doing a fastball special? Cool!
    Very. If not for the decade-plus age difference, I would be tempted to ship. It would at least be worth it for the hilarity and drama coming from Logan's reactions. Oh, speaking of . . . it's a real shame she hasn't met the Scarlet Spiders (Ben Reilly, Kaine Parker, Ultimate Jessica Drew) in canon, but that's what we have fanart and fanfic for, especially nowadays. Clone solidarity for all! (Even if Laura isn't technically a clone these days . . . or is she?)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Very. If not for the decade-plus age difference, I would be tempted to ship. It would at least be worth it for the hilarity and drama coming from Logan's reactions. Oh, speaking of . . . it's a real shame she hasn't met the Scarlet Spiders (Ben Reilly, Kaine Parker, Ultimate Jessica Drew) in canon, but that's what we have fanart and fanfic for, especially nowadays. Clone solidarity for all! (Even if Laura isn't technically a clone these days . . . or is she?)
    I think she met and fought a bunch of Ben Reilly clones made by Mister Sinister once. And no, she's not a clone. She is the biological daughter of Wolverine and Sarah Kinney. I am sure someone around here knows the whole story better than I.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-27-2023 at 05:39 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Amazing Member

I think she met and fought a bunch of Ben Reilly clones made by Mister Sinister once. And no, she's not a clone. She is the biological daughter of Wolverine and Sarah Kinney. I am sure someone around here knows the whole story better than I.
    The story is that Tom Taylor probably had a plan but then All New Wolverine got cancelled before he was expecting it to so nothing ever came of it. I kind of doubt another writer does anything with that for some time.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Biological daughter by way of genetic engineering, but yes, true enough. And yeah, Wolverines #5-6. I remember that one, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

And no, she's not a clone. She is the biological daughter of Wolverine and Sarah Kinney. I am sure someone around here knows the whole story better than I.
    It was a non-sequitur declarative footnote at the end of the Adamantium Agenda that she had some of Sarah Kinney's DNA; this contradicts both the method and motivation of her creation in her origin story, and was in no way been expanded upon or explained in anyway, so now exists as this frustrating schrodinger's plot point.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 02-28-2023 at 07:34 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Guess they are not going to touch on her child prostitute days

Incredible Member

JB I'm loving your avatar. Can I be your Askani?