Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Ooof. Kinu takes 38 damage. I guess I should get ready to take 70-80.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I don't like my situation much at all. I'm going to need to get rather tactical, here, and do soething a little crazy.

Following Gen's lead, I'm going to take the hit. I realize this is going to be a ton of damage in comparison to what Kinu has suffered (on top of the 5 I've already spent), but I have yet to be hurt and losing even more energy is rather bad for me - if my energy drops too low, I can't fix any status effects on myself because it's too costly. Or use any special defenses.

I'll chance eating the damage and the status effect, and hope I can stay alive through to my next turn. At that point, one of my techniques can be used to heal, wipe away status effect, and maybe even give me back a little energy.
    As you wish, you are acknowledging the risks so let's rock and roll.

- Krys takes 76 DMG and is inflicted with Sicken - Poison (-15 to DUR and -1 Basic ATK Action for the next two turns)

Krys currently has 4/122 HP remaining. 0.0

You are both, of course, welcome to write posts about taking those hits.

I will be working on the next few NPCs

- The Bez
    - Toxic Commander
    - Digger

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As you wish, you are acknowledging the risks so let's rock and roll.

- Krys takes 76 DMG and is inflicted with Sicken - Poison (-15 to DUR and -1 Basic ATK Action for the next two turns)

Krys currently has 4/122 HP remaining. 0.0
    So I have miscalculated more than one way. A - I thought I had more hit points total than that, that's what I get for working on my levelled up version and getting that stuck in my head. B - I thought I had more hit points LEFT than that, period.

Welp, it is what it is. Will need to somehow keep myself alive long enough to heal.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So I have miscalculated more than one way. A - I thought I had more hit points total than that, that's what I get for working on my levelled up version and getting that stuck in my head. B - I thought I had more hit points LEFT than that, period.

Welp, it is what it is. Will need to somehow keep myself alive long enough to heal.
    To be fair, your assessment of the potential damage was pretty accurate so I probably should have reminded you of your HP values before locking in.

It’s all good!
    Why are we here?

Okay, so Kinu drew aggro and oh baby aggro is a-coming.

Kinu, you have (thankfully) made your HIT check on this attack and you have RAC points to spare. I'm going to be very transparent with the numbers here as this is a very serious situation. Your options are as follows.

> Dodge: You can spend 1 RAC point and 116 ENR to Dodge. This will put you at -72 ENR and in burnout until such time that you can make up the deficit either by natural ENR recovery or someone else restoring you.
    > Block: You can spend 1 RAC point and 243 ENR to Block. Doing this would put you at -199 ENR and in burnout until such time that you can make up the deficit either by natural ENR recovery or someone else restoring you. You would still half damage from the attack which would be 121 DMG and would leave you at 56 HP. You would also be caught in the Grapple and any subsequent chain abilities that come with it.
    > Counter: Frankly, not even worth talking about. This would cost 245 ENR to even attempt and your subsequent Counter would be 0 DMG because it would be functionally at -210 ATK power and Kinu would be liable for Grapple and follow up.
    > Soak: If Kinu fully wants to instantly die, as in being fully death with no saves. Feel free to soak the attack.

I will take this opportunity to remind you, that RUM Points can be applied to defensive checks, so you could subtract a cool 50 from whatever the ENR costs from whichever option you choose to go with. You have 2 RUM remaining.

If you were to use both remaining RUM points, you would be able to subtract 250 ENR from the costs but then would be forced into burnout for the next 3 turns.

Let me know if you have any questions and please decide what you would like to do.

You know it hadn't occured to me that enemies could likewise use RUM points until it happened this last turn.

...uh, so let's spend that second RUM and RAC and dodge then. This seems to be the least terrible option at the moment and I can lean on Kinu's HP for a bit.

I'll wait until I need to do something (action or reaction) before writing my response to getting acid-burned almost to death (after a mild shockwave).
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    You know it hadn't occured to me that enemies could likewise use RUM points until it happened this last turn.

...uh, so let's spend that second RUM and RAC and dodge then. This seems to be the least terrible option at the moment and I can lean on Kinu's HP for a bit.
    Locked in, thank you.

Kinu is at 177/235 HP and -72/110 ENR and therefore in Burnout (-20 to all core stats, no Technique use, no Stack use) and is still under the effects of Sicken - Poison (-15 DUR and -1 Basic ATK action for 2 turns)

You can post reaction but I'll be posting an allusion to the dodge as I conclude the Commander's actions.

Yep, the allusion is fine. Makes structuring of this post - probably corresponding to the one after the response I have upcoming - a bit easier. But oh boy, gotta get caught up first.

In the meantime, i guess I'll start with a few questions:

- Hellhound is able to take some actions this turn, what are its current stats?
    - Once Cassa recoves from Prone state, how far can it move? Any restrictions with its actions?
    - Is the latest spreadsheet map still relevant with the current happenings? If not can I request an update?
    - Is it correct to presume Burnout also affects traits? Just to be sure.
    - With that in mind, how far can Kinu move?

Yep, the allusion is fine. Makes structuring of this post - probably corresponding to the one after the response I have upcoming - a bit easier. But oh boy, gotta get caught up first.

In the meantime, i guess I'll start with a few questions:

- Hellhound is able to take some actions this turn, what are its current stats?
    Hellhound is at 35/184 HP and 50/50 ENR. It is on the swamp so it's movement value is halved to 38.

- Once Cassa recoves from Prone state, how far can it move? Any restrictions with its actions?
    Cassa got inflicted with Crater by that throw attack so it's movement is zero for this turn. It will take 1 Basic ATK Action to get up and has a Technique Action to play with. No other restrictions apply.

You know it has the following abilities;

- Ranged Technique - Energy Cannon
    - Massive AoE - ENR regeneration that also causes Purge.
    - Flight Technique that increases movement but seems to have trouble with landing.

It does have other abilities that you have not discovered so depending on how Kinu phrases her instructions, she might get something new.

- Is the latest spreadsheet map still relevant with the current happenings? If not can I request an update?
    Not much has changed, Melty Man is dead and Nemo is hiding in the carousel.

Obviously your biggest threat is the two brutes who are flanking you and who will be next in the order.

- Is it correct to presume Burnout also affects traits? Just to be sure.
    Burnout does not effect Traits as long as those Traits don't have a function that relies on ENR. Kinu can still use Squared Circle and will continue to regen +5 ENR per turn at the end of her turn.

- With that in mind, how far can Kinu move?
    Kinnu's Movement Value is reduced to 49 by Burnout and then halved by difficult terrain so she's working with about 25 movement, so she can't get very far on standard movement. I will note that she could get out of the swamp without using a Dash action, via moving past the Hellhound to the nearest point of regular land. If she gets out and then chooses to dash, she could move a total of ~75.

Let me know if you have other questions.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 05-28-2023 at 01:07 AM.

Also, just to note in case it wasn't clear. You can decide what order each of the three you does things and you can also hold off on locking in all characters until you've seen the results of the previous guy's action.

So, for example, you could have like Cassa does recovery thing, Kinu does an attack see what the result is, then come back and decide what the dog does based on that.

So there's no need to lock all three of you in immediately.

I'm kind of in a weird position where I can prompt the NPC healer, who is also a really effective combatant at range as known so far, but don't 100% know what Cassa can do.

uh...can I get a stat check for the PCs on the field? HP/ENR, status?

I'm kind of in a weird position where I can prompt the NPC healer, who is also a really effective combatant at range as known so far, but don't 100% know what Cassa can do.

uh...can I get a stat check for the PCs on the field? HP/ENR, status?
    Sure.

Krys
    > 4/122 HP
    > 109/180 ENR (-40 Capacity for Stack).
    Has a SPD boost active, is inflicted with Sicken - Poison for the next 2 turns.

Nemo
    > 125/215 HP
    > 49/360 ENR (-50 Capacity for Stack)
    No status effects, currently hiding in the carousel so has pretty good cover from attacks.

Jane
    > 81/142 HP
    > -15/200 ENR
    In Burnout but will get +30 ENR at the top of her next turn which will put her at 15/200 and out of Burnout. Also inflicted with Sicken - Poison until the end of her next turn.