Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

So Kinu's requests to Cassa:

- Get us ready to finish this, and;
    - Assist me in closing this out

I'll queue up some turn actions depending on how this rolls out.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    So Kinu's requests to Cassa:

- Get us ready to finish this, and;
    - Assist me in closing this out

I'll queue up some turn actions depending on how this rolls out.
    Okay, done a post for Cassa's action, it only gets one but it's a doozy.

- Toxic Commander has been hit for 30 DMG and inflicted with Charm - Control at Full effect for the next 6 turns.

- Tire Brute 1 and 2 have been hit for 5 DMG and have been inflicted with Charm - Control at half effect for the next 3 turns.

- Kowalski has been inflicted with Charm - Control at half effect for the next 3 turns.

Creatures inflicted with Control at full effect will use all of their actions to follow the command for the duration as listed above, commencing on their next turn and the command was "Kill each other," At half effect, one of their Technique Actions is eliminated from use to represent their resisting the effect.

Let me know what Kinu intends to do in the interim.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-05-2023 at 10:37 PM.

Quick post for banter, see if we can get some dialogue going here.

Tentatively I'm thinking:

Kinu

1) Move out from between the Tire Brutes towards Toxic Commander [preferably staying near Krys, or possibly flanking from the opposite side of Nemo]
    2)Trait: Issen: Recover +5 ENR at end of turn

Small Hellhound

1) Hellfire Blast on Toxic Commander
    2) Move to Cassa

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Quick post for banter, see if we can get some dialogue going here.

Tentatively I'm thinking:

Kinu

1) Move out from between the Tire Brutes towards Toxic Commander [preferably staying near Krys, or possibly flanking from the opposite side of Nemo]
    2)Trait: Issen: Recover +5 ENR at end of turn
    Okay, that's fine. Kinu's movement is pretty limited in the swamp so they could get next to Krys or like about halfway between Krys and Nemo at max movement. If you let me know where you end up. Will indicate on the map roughly where she could end up after I have dealt with the dog.

Also, as Kinu has only taken Movement this turn, she will get +30 ENR at the top of her next turn.

Small Hellhound

1) Hellfire Blast on Toxic Commander
    2) Move to Cassa
    Hellhound likewise can't get that far in the swamp and its range is pretty short so to shoot the commander it's going to have to get a little closer to the Commander but no closer to Cassa. Will run those actions now.

- Hellhound uses Hellfire Blast on Toxic Commander, hits for 20 DMG and inflicts Sweep so the Commander is knocked Prone once more.

Feel free to include that in your post.

Updated map:

Gen you have some leeway exactly where you want Kinu to be, that's about as far as she could get in the vein of "closer to allies," You could choose to be closer to Krys if you want.

Jane it is now your turn. You gain 30 ENR and are now at 15/200 ENR. You are still inflict with Poison so you have one less Basic ATK action than usual. You are also in Stealth so your first attack will get count as a Surprise Attack. Let me know what you'd like to do.

Okay so how’s this

1) Stack PRE
    2) Use RUM point to increase my Heart of Darkness healing which I will use on myself
    3) Death Blossom on Kowalski
    4) Basic attack on Kowalski

Charm means that the sludge people will be completely focused on doing their things for several turns right? Both attack actions on attacking each other?
    Last edited by Postmania; 06-06-2023 at 06:45 AM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Okay so how’s this

1) Stack PRE
    2) Use RUM point to increase my Heart of Darkness healing which I will use on myself
    3) Death Blossom on Kowalski
    4) Basic attack on Kowalski
    Okay, so just so I'm clear here. The sequence is;

- Stack PRE: Lowers ENR to 5/190
    - Use Heart of Darkness: Costs 25 ENR, lowering Jane to -20 but adds +50 ENR from the Technique +50 ENR on top of that for using 1 RUM point on the recovery, bringing Jane to a net 80/190 ENR (-10 Capacity for Stack)
    - Death Blossom: On Kowalski, with Surprise Attack, costs 25 ENR, bringing Jane to 55/190 ENR
    - Basic Attack: Also on Kowalski.

Let me know if that matches your intention.

Any movement? Also, I'll just check if Kowalski is still up after taking that surprise attack, he's not been hurt yet but he's not exactly a super tough guy, as you might be able to put the Basic ATK elsewhere or keep it to use for a Dash or something.

Yes, this surprise ATK will deliver more damage than his entire lifebar so he's definitely dead if you go with this and you'll have the Basic ATK action to play with.

Charm means that the sludge people will be completely focused on doing their things for several turns right? Both attack actions on attacking each other?
    Effectively yes. They will still take defensive actions (Dodge/Block/Counter), if they have the RAC to do so. They might attack someone else if they interpret that person standing in the way of them proceeding with their orders or if they interpret that attacking that person would constitute following those orders.

Toxic Commander has the full effect so all of his actions are dedicated for the next six turns. However, as he is in enforced burnout for the next three turns because of using his final RUM point, he has no Technique Actions to use because he's got no ENR and will gain none until the burnout is over.

Kowalski and the Brutes got lesser effect so they will attack with Basic ATK actions, while 1 Technique Action will be locked off as they resist it. If they have multiple Technique Actions then only one action will not be employed and they could use a Technique. Given that these are mobs, I don't think it's showing my hand to say that they only have 1 Technique Action each.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Okay, so just so I'm clear here. The sequence is;

- Stack PRE: Lowers ENR to 5/190
    - Use Heart of Darkness: Costs 25 ENR, lowering Jane to -20 but adds +50 ENR from the Technique +50 ENR on top of that for using 1 RUM point on the recovery, bringing Jane to a net 80/190 ENR (-10 Capacity for Stack)
    - Death Blossom: On Kowalski, with Surprise Attack, costs 25 ENR, bringing Jane to 55/190 ENR
    - Basic Attack: Also on Kowalski.

Let me know if that matches your intention.
    That's all correct.
    Any movement? Also, I'll just check if Kowalski is still up after taking that surprise attack, he's not been hurt yet but he's not exactly a super tough guy, as you might be able to put the Basic ATK elsewhere or keep it to use for a Dash or something.

Yes, this surprise ATK will deliver more damage than his entire lifebar so he's definitely dead if you go with this and you'll have the Basic ATK action to play with.
    Can I walk over to the others? Also if I have the basic attack then I'll send a shot at the Commander.

Effectively yes. They will still take defensive actions (Dodge/Block/Counter), if they have the RAC to do so. They might attack someone else if they interpret that person standing in the way of them proceeding with their orders or if they interpret that attacking that person would constitute following those orders.

Toxic Commander has the full effect so all of his actions are dedicated for the next six turns. However, as he is in enforced burnout for the next three turns because of using his final RUM point, he has no Technique Actions to use because he's got no ENR and will gain none until the burnout is over.

Kowalski and the Brutes got lesser effect so they will attack with Basic ATK actions, while 1 Technique Action will be locked off as they resist it. If they have multiple Technique Actions then only one action will not be employed and they could use a Technique. Given that these are mobs, I don't think it's showing my hand to say that they only have 1 Technique Action each.
    Okay cool, so I will look to move over to the others and watch as they fight amongst themselves after Jane realizes they are mentally compromised.
    -Stephen McCranie

That's all correct.
    Cool, locking that in.

Can I walk over to the others? Also if I have the basic attack then I'll send a shot at the Commander.
    Using your full movement, you can up to around where Krys and Kinu currently are.

Depending on when you take your shot at the Commander it will either have Long, Normal or Short Range modifiers. Short Range obviously gives maximum damage and a Hit Bonus so I presume you would like to do that?

Using your full movement, you can up to around where Krys and Kinu currently are.

Depending on when you take your shot at the Commander it will either have Long, Normal or Short Range modifiers. Short Range obviously gives maximum damage and a Hit Bonus so I presume you would like to do that?
    Yep, that sounds best
    -Stephen McCranie

Yep, that sounds best
    Alrighty.

So, let's run those actions. Jane does the following:

- Gains +30 ENR from holding all action in the previous round, putting her at 15/200 ENR.
    - Assumes PRE Stack
    - Spends 1 RUM point and gains ENR to leave her at 80/180 ENR
    - Surprise Attacks Kowalski with Death Blossom and hits him for 172 DMG - killing him instantly. (Jane is on 55/190 ENR)
    - Jane then moves up to Krys and Kinu
    - Jane hits Toxic Commander with a Short Range Basic Attack for 52 DMG and inflicts Crater on him because he is already Prone when hit.

Small drafting note, RUM points are channeling the power of Khazan and Jane is perhaps the most familiar with that energy having felt it once before when she gained an additional point and having beheld the apparent face of infinity while in the Death Dimension. You may wish to tie those things together.

Once we've gotten caught up on posts, I'll do the Tire Brutes having a fist fight and then we'll circle back to the top of the order.

Cool, I'll get to that later today because it'll probably be a bit of a more complicated post.
    -Stephen McCranie

Okay, with the Brutes doing nothing to one another with their attacks, I'll update Initiate.

Initiative Order
    - Krys + Trevor
    - Morgan
    - Cracker
    - Bones
    - Calvin
    - Jane
    - Lanky
    - Nemo
    - The Bez
    - Toxic Commander
    - Digger
    - Tire Brick 1
    - Tire Brick 2
    - Kinu + Hellhound + Cassa

We loop back to the wounded Krys it is now your turn. Will post an updated map a little later today but the broad strokes of it are accurate. Jane is now by Kinu and yourself, Kowalski is dead and the Brutes are now in melee with each other. Otherwise, everything else is accurate.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-07-2023 at 04:33 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Blargh, am dealing with a severe air quality warning with 'significant risk to health' at the moment. Running around trying to figure out how this will impact my capacity to work. Will hope to get to this today. Sorry.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Blargh, am dealing with a severe air quality warning with 'significant risk to health' at the moment. Running around trying to figure out how this will impact my capacity to work. Will hope to get to this today. Sorry.
    No need to apologise, real life as ever comes first. Especially when the air is literally trying to kill you.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

No need to apologise, real life as ever comes first. Especially when the air is literally trying to kill you.
    Likely heading home shortly. Will probably post from home at some point.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate