Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Ruins of Khazan - Combat Notation Thread

Okay, players in the Ruins of Khazan RPG, this is the combat notation thread.

As stated at multiple points prior, this thread is for combat notation and queries only. Any other OOC chat or commentary should be kept to the Sign-Up thread here.

This thread will be used for the administration of combat. I will post initiative orders, results of combat actions and other information. Players will post the fundamental mechanical moves they wish to make on their turn and can ask questions about their strategy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently Active Initiative Order
    - Krys + Trevor
    - Morgan
    - Cracker
    - Bones
    - Calvin
    - Jane
    - Lanky
    - Nemo
    - The Bez
    - Toxic Commander (Dead)
    - Digger
    - Tire Brick 1
    - Tire Brick 2
    - Kinu + Hellhound + Cassa

----------------------------------------------------------------------

For example, we have the current initial combat encounter wherein Ella has provoked some Demon Dogs.

Initiative Order
    - Mysterious Robot
    - Ella
    - Big Demon Dog
    - Demon Dog 1
    - Demon Dog 2

However, Ella took everyone off guard with her rock throwing so that constitutes both a surprise attack with the rock and a surprise round so she gets a round of her own.

MrSandman

Your last in-game post said that Ella is going to take off running. While you have used your Basic ATK action to throw a rock at the Big Demon Dog, you still have your Technique Action for this surprise round.

Please be aware that, within a surprise round, any offensive action Ella takes will be subject to Surprise Attack rules:

- Surprise Attacks: Gain +25 to HIT and ATK checks if an opponent is taken off guard. The target cannot use RAC points to actively defend on any surprise attacks. Damage will be doubled and also duplicated between both HP and Mastered ENR.
    (Yes, I have beefed up Surprise a bit lol)

If you have any questions that would inform your strategy, let me know.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-08-2023 at 01:06 AM.

Retired Overlord

Hi, I has question before I proceed. How will things work in this combat thread persay?

Do I state my intended actions in the thread as normal, then we make the calculations here then we make the calculations here and I(or you) post the results? Lets use this fight as an example....

I plan to have Ella strike the one dog with a rock(basic attack), and maybe use a tech(haven't decided yet) and then huff it back to the ruins area with the pillars. This would all count towards one post worth of actions that we'd determine here and then we'd repeat with the next post of actions? Should I lay out any major plans in advance?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Hi, I has question before I proceed. How will things work in this combat thread persay?

Do I state my intended actions in the thread as normal, then we make the calculations here then we make the calculations here and I(or you) post the results? Lets use this fight as an example....

I plan to have Ella strike the one dog with a rock(basic attack), and maybe use a tech(haven't decided yet) and then huff it back to the ruins area with the pillars. This would all count towards one post worth of actions that we'd determine here and then we'd repeat with the next post of actions? Should I lay out any major plans in advance?
    So, the rock is locked in since you already posted that. You have a Technique Action available to you and your movement. I haven't posted the NPCs reacting to your appearance or rock throwing because you are currently in a surprise round and they cannot react until you've completed your actions for this round.

We will agree on your actions for the rest of your turn in this thread, so I have clear, non-flavour breakdown of who is doing what. You will then post in the main game thread your actual post of whatever the rest of your actions are (Technique/Movement).

I will then go to the top of the order and will post the actions of Mysterious Robot in the game thread and then it will be Ella again, so we will return to this thread to agree her next turn, as we move through a normal turn rotation as outlined in the Initiative Order posted above.

You can also ask for more info about the scenario in this thread (examples: what can Ella see? What are exact dimensions of the combat arena? Is there a handy pit I can push people into? Can I throw a rope at XYZ enemy/object to get XYZ effect? etc.) to inform the actions you choose to take.

All clear? Feel free to ask any questions.

Retired Overlord

Ok then, plan will go ahead as before. Throw the rock at the dog thing. I'm also gonna use single target HoloNurse on the robot ally from a distance while I have the chance before legging it.

(On that note, I think I also still need to adjust my healing skills based on the new rules lol)

I will say for a GM note, the Mysterious Robot doesn't appear to have been attacked so doesn't necessarily require healing. You can still do it if you want but it is not immediately apparent that it needs it.

Retired Overlord

Ahhh, true. Was under the impression it looked like it was hurt. In that case I'll hold off on using a technique and just focus on luring em away. (I'll likely need that ENR in a minute lol)