Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I'll dodge the first attack hit, then counter the second.
    Cool, Nemo uses both her RAC points, dodges and then strikes back at the Melty Man (Xaric)

- Melty Man (Xaric) takes 38 DMG from the counter.
    - Nemo takes 10 DMG on physical contact with Melty Man (Xaric)

Also, Nemo is currently at 79/360 ENR (-50 Capacity for Stack)

Will write a post for that and then will do the Toxic Commander's turn.

First note, the Toxic Commander's turn is not over, he has attack actions remaining but I need to resolve these to see what he does next.

So, Krys you have a particularly bad situation. You have the attack itself but also there is a carousel flying through the air towards you. You have 3 RAC points so you will be able take action on both attacks if you so choose.

First, the Commanders attack. This is an Area of Effect ability so you are not able to use Counter unfortunately.

> Dodge: You could spend 1 RAC point and around 40% of your remaining ENR to Dodge.
    > Block: You could spend 1 RAC point and around 80% of your remaining ENR to Block
    > Soak: You could keep the RAC point and take the damage.

Further to that, because you are imperfectly dodging, blocking or soaking this attack, you will be inflicted with the status effect Paralyse - Stiffen. If you wish to offset this, you would need to spend ~80% of your total ENR in addition any ENR you choose to spend in your defensive options.

Additionally, there is a carousel about to fall on you. As luck would have it, this does constitute a singular STR-based attack so Counter is back on the table as an option.

> Dodge: You could spend 1 RAC point and a small amount of ENR to Dodge
    > Block: You could spend 1 RAC point and twice the above amount to Block.
    > Counter: You could spend 1 RAC point and no ENR to Perfectly Counter.
    > Soak: Save the RAC points and take the damage.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Meanwhile, Kinu just one attack for you to deal with. As noted above, Counter is not an option here.

> Dodge: You could spend 1 RAC point and around 60% of your remaining ENR to Dodge.
    > Block: You could spend 1 RAC point and all your remaining ENR, take extra damage and go into Burnout to Block
    > Soak: You could keep the RAC point and take the damage.

Due to Kinu's lack of ENR reserves, there is no way for her to offset the status effect without going into Burnout and taking a lot of additional damage as the deficit to offset the status effect is more than twice your total current ENR.

Please let me know what you would like to do?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I have…a soak technique. Can I use that with a RAC point?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

….otherwise how would I use a soak technique? It is a mystery!

Feels kind of like it would be used in the same way a dodge technique or counter would.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I have…a soak technique. Can I use that with a RAC point?
    I am afraid this Technique is not listed as a Reaction Technique and would therefore not normally be admissible.

Though, hmm... do I want to be a cool guy?

What you're suggesting is specifically opting to Soak which does not use a RAC point but you are asking to use a RAC point to get the Defensive Bonus. So there is a fair exchange element to it.

Hmmm... this is bending the rules Mr Andpointies. If the game were continuing I would be a lot more concerned about setting the precedent. If I were to allow this, not saying I will yet, would your intention be that Krys spends 1 RAC to activate their defensive buff Technique and then toughs it out on both attacks?

Another drive by posting!

I don't suppose The Squared Circle traitbwould come in to play here at all for an AGL check, would it?

Sounds like the least terrible option would be to attempt to dodge and eat the status effects.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Another drive by posting!

I don't suppose The Squared Circle traitbwould come in to play here at all for an AGL check, would it?

Sounds like the least terrible option would be to attempt to dodge and eat the status effects.
    I'm afraid Squared Circle is not applicable here, mostly because Kinu doesn't really have much to work with. If we were in a more dense setting with more objects for her to interact with, I'd give you the +10 from the Trait but given that it's a largely open garden being converted into a toxic swamp and thrown at you, not really viable.

Happy to lock in the Dodge if you are.

Ah well, just thought I'd ask lol.

It's a rough patch, but he's the big boss so it is to be expected.

Lock in the dodge, please. Time to take some lumps, oof.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ah well, just thought I'd ask lol.

It's a rough patch, but he's the big boss so it is to be expected.

Lock in the dodge, please. Time to take some lumps, oof.
    Cool, locking in.

- Kinu burns 29 ENR and is inflicted with Paralyse - Stiffen

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I am afraid this Technique is not listed as a Reaction Technique and would therefore not normally be admissible.

Though, hmm... do I want to be a cool guy?

What you're suggesting is specifically opting to Soak which does not use a RAC point but you are asking to use a RAC point to get the Defensive Bonus. So there is a fair exchange element to it.

Hmmm... this is bending the rules Mr Andpointies. If the game were continuing I would be a lot more concerned about setting the precedent. If I were to allow this, not saying I will yet, would your intention be that Krys spends 1 RAC to activate their defensive buff Technique and then toughs it out on both attacks?
    Was more considering toughing out one attack. . Countering the second.

Totally understood, mind, and it SHOULD have been a defensive technique. I wrote ‘soak’ on it with that in mind. Should have clarified better.

What do you say?
    Why are we here?

Was more considering toughing out one attack. . Countering the second.

Totally understood, mind, and it SHOULD have been a defensive technique. I wrote ‘soak’ on it with that in mind. Should have clarified better.

What do you say?
    So, Soak with your Technique on the Toxic Commander's attack and Counter the carousel at the cost of 2 RAC points and 25 ENR. Is that your ideal scenario?

I want to stress, don't want to seem unfair, that this course of action will result in Krys taking the full complement of status effects on this Technique attack and taking not inconsiderable damage.

If you're cool that, I am happy to let it rock.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So, Soak with your Technique on the Toxic Commander's attack and Counter the carousel at the cost of 2 RAC points and 25 ENR. Is that your ideal scenario?

I want to stress, don't want to seem unfair, that this course of action will result in Krys taking the full complement of status effects on this Technique attack and taking not inconsiderable damage.

If you're cool that, I am happy to let it rock.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.
    Krys has Withstand on this technique. Does that change things?
    Why are we here?

Krys has Withstand on this technique. Does that change things?
    Oho!

A good spot. That would deal with the Body centric effects.

And halve the damage.

Hmm...

Fuck it, let's go for it. You still get the Spirit Effects but you don't get knocked down at the cost of 2 RAC points and 25 ENR.

Feel free to write a post describing how Krys counters a falling 19th Century Carousel ^_^

- Krys takes 27 DMG and is inflicted with Paralyse - Stiffen. Their movement is also halved because of Withstand and all damage is similarly halved until the end of their next turn.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 05-12-2023 at 01:13 PM.

Okay, I'll do that tonight. No time at present!

I guess 'Paralyze' doesn't count as 'Spirit effect that hits on Body', so I still get that. Fair enough!

Also +40 DUR with that technique, though I suspect you've taken that into account.
    Why are we here?

Okay, I'll do that tonight. No time at present!

I guess 'Paralyze' doesn't count as 'Spirit effect that hits on Body', so I still get that. Fair enough!

Also +40 DUR with that technique, though I suspect you've taken that into account.
    Yep, that's all accounted for.