Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Well when you put it like that...OK, so let's cross-reference the notes posted in discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Apologies for the number of revisions but grampgen is in a complex situation and has a lot scope to do cool shit.

Gen, I already ran the numbers for [RUM Point + Strong Style] -> [Grapple] -> [Additional Basic ATK] -> [Auto-Fling] and it's going to be a pretty wild amount of damage, so I would /strongly/ suggest doing that.
    I think, then with a few reordered actions, it'll make sense to me, please review:

1) Drop SPD stack, retain STR Stack and restore +10 ENR
    2) Skill: Top of the Food Chain: Attempt enhanced Intimidation Check/Draw Aggro.
    3) Spend 1 RUM point for:
    4) Tech Action: Strong Style +20 STR: Grapple Tire Brute 1 (Job)
    5) Basic ATK action: Kick Tire Brute 1(Job) into Brute Wrangler
    6) Issen: +5 ENR at round end

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Well when you put it like that...OK, so let's cross-reference the notes posted in discussion

I think, then with a few reordered actions, it'll make sense to me, please review:

1) Drop SPD stack, retain STR Stack and restore +10 ENR
    2) Skill: Top of the Food Chain: Attempt enhanced Intimidation Check/Draw Aggro.
    3) Spend 1 RUM point for:
    4) Tech Action: Strong Style +20 STR: Grapple Tire Brute 1 (Job)
    5) Basic ATK action: Kick Tire Brute 1(Job) into Brute Wrangler
    6) Issen: +5 ENR at round end
    Wonderful, locking that in for Kinu. So let's run these actions.

I'll post all results here;

- Cassa uses an Epic ENR Restorative Technique. It is now at 185/410 ENR

- Kinu, Nemo, Small Hellhound, and Krys are all restored for 80 ENR and have Purge applied to them.
    > Kinu is now at 90/90 ENR (-20 Capacity for Stack) and is cured of Paralyse - Stiffen
    > Nemo is now at 159/360 ENR (-50 Capcity for Stack) and is cured of Paralyse - Stiffen (She is still Prone)
    > Krys is now at 180/180 ENR (-40 Capacity for Stack) and is cured of Paralyse - Stiffen (Withstand is still in effect)
    > Small Hellhound is now at 44/50 ENR, is out of Burnout and is cured of Paralyse - Stiffen. It is still Prone and Cratered

- Kinu releases Stack on AGI.
    - Kinu attempts to Intimidate Toxic Commander, Melty Man and the entire Brute Squad.
    > Kinu has successfully drawn aggro from all targeted enemies.
    - Kinu engages Strong Style uses 1 RUM point when Basic ATK-ing Tire Brute 1 (Job) for 62 DMG
    - Kinu manages successful Grapple on Tire Brute 1 (Job)
    - Kinu opts to end the Grapple with an additional free Basic ATK for 12 DMG
    - Tire Brute 1 (Job) is Flung for an additional 73 DMG
    - Tire Brute 1 (Job) collides with Tire Brute 2 (Olaf) and Brute Wrangler (Wagner) and takes and additional 8 DMG from being Cratered from the Fling and is Prone.
    - Tire Brute 1 (Job) has taken a total of 155 DMG.
    - Kinu is at 75/100 ENR (-10 for Capacity for Stack)

A frankly silly amount of damage there. If post Kinu giving the order, I'll post Cassa's action and then you can post Kinu talking smack and kicking ass.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 05-18-2023 at 04:46 AM.

Logging this.

- Cassa has taken 59 DMG and is Grappled

- Cassa has been Flung and has taken a further 59 DMG and is Prone

Kinu you have been attacked and have the following defensive options and 2 RAC points remaining.

> Dodge: Spend 1 RAC point and about half your remaining ENR to Dodge
    > Block: Spend 1 RAC point and two thirds of your remaining ENR to Block
    > Counter: Spend 1 RAC point and more than two thirds of your remaining ENR to Counter

Please let me know what you would like to do.

Let's go with the Dodge

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Let's go with the Dodge
    Cool, Kinu wisely spends 31 ENR to Dodge and avoids the effects of the attack.

- Kinu is now at 44/100 ENR (-10 Capacity for Stack)

Feel free to post your Dodge post at your leisure. I'll move on to Jane.

Okay Jane it is finally your turn.

You have reappeared on the map in the lower corner of the gardens. You are well out of the swamp area (purple) but some way from the action.

To recap, Jane is at 81/142 HP and at -15/200 ENR which puts her in Burnout giving a -20 to all core stats. Jane is alsoinflicted with Sicken - Poison which lowers her DUR stat by -15 and removes 1 Basic ATK Action for the next 2 turns. This means Jane has a functional DUR stat of 0, fortunately the value cannot go into negative numbers.

Just going to post the ENR Economy notes here, as I am sure they will be relevant.

ENERGY ECONOMY IN COMBAT
    Mastered ENR does recover on its own per round. If a player takes zero action outside of movement on their turn, they will gain +30 Mastered ENR at the start of their next turn. If they only use Basic ATK Actions, they will gain +10 Mastered ENR at the start of their next turn. If they use Technique Actions or have a Persistent Technique running, they will gain 0 Mastered ENR on their next turn.
    Please let me know what you would like to do and if you have any questions about your options here.

Well, I'm out of things, but I'd definitely hoped to be in the building lol

I guess the question then first is, if I use a RUM point for my Heart of Darkness, how much does that heal compared to the 30 if I just sit around and accumulate.

Also I guess how far can I actually move in my current state, with or without sacrificing my attack action for more movement
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Well, I'm out of things, but I'd definitely hoped to be in the building lol

I guess the question then first is, if I use a RUM point for my Heart of Darkness, how much does that heal compared to the 30 if I just sit around and accumulate.
    I'm afraid that Burnout locks you out of using Techniques.

RUM points are put "Put a +50 wherever you want to," but it needs to be applied to some kind of numerical action. Jane could spend it on ENR regeneration, but the ENR economy doesn't give her any ENR until the start of her next turn. So, you could RUM at that point and get 50 ENR (on top of any other ENR she gets at that time) but she would still be in Burnout for this turn.

Also I guess how far can I actually move in my current state, with or without sacrificing my attack action for more movement
    In Burnout, Jane's basic movement is 77 feet. And the purple area on the map is difficult terrain which halves any movement taken in that area. You could get to Cassa's side with regular movement.

Also, genuinely just spotted this; because Jane has taken -20 points to all stats, her SPD stat is below 50 as is her SKI so she currently only has 1 Basic ATK Action (which has already been locked out by the poison) and 1 Technique Action.

Cannot stress what a bad situation Jane has gotten herself into.

Hmm, that is pretty bad indeed.

I can get to Cassa, setting myself up for an AoE next turn but I'll be pretty exposed with pretty limited defenses here and low health. Not good. I guess I could take the move action, hope someone sees me, and then restores me, but still seems risky.

*checks move order*

If I do this, I could hope Krys sees me, and is able to get to me through difficult terrain, and heals me. I could do that.

But in terms of maximum safety, and *in character* I don't think Jane is really going to go for that.

I'm not spotted, right? If I can I'd like to shift myself to a position where I'd as sneaky/unseen as possible, and just wait out this turn because Jane's condition is so bad.

I guess if possible can I put myself in a position where the others on my team see me, and the enemies don't? If I can do that I'd try for that, but if not, then just maximum stealth and rest for a turn for +30 ENR back.
    -Stephen McCranie

I'm not spotted, right? If I can I'd like to shift myself to a position where I'd as sneaky/unseen as possible, and just wait out this turn because Jane's condition is so bad.
    As far Jane knows, no one has seen her. She has just reappeared a long way from the action in a direction that no one is currently looking. There's not much cover, the Commander kind of flattened most of it with his swamp move but if Jane opts to hide, she's not very likely to be seen.

I guess if possible can I put myself in a position where the others on my team see me, and the enemies don't? If I can do that I'd try for that, but if not, then just maximum stealth and rest for a turn for +30 ENR back.
    If you want to get close to Krys, then Jane could head North (as it appears on the map) and get as close as possible. She'd be about able to get in line with like Wagner but against the opposite wall of the garden.

However, in character, Jane isn't able to see Krys because they are largely surrounded by the shattered remains of a carousel and have some level of partial cover so, technically, you might not know where they are.

Heading to bed, will pick this up in tomorrow UK time!

Yeah...that's a good point. As far as Jane knows Krys is still negotiating inside the building.

Alright then, nothing Jane can do but hide/stick behind whatever cover she can as low as possible. Potentially using her robotic flexibility to hide/cram herself into an even smaller space than would be possible for a person too

Later Nik
    -Stephen McCranie

Yeah...that's a good point. As far as Jane knows Krys is still negotiating inside the building.

Alright then, nothing Jane can do but hide/stick behind whatever cover she can as low as possible. Potentially using her robotic flexibility to hide/cram herself into an even smaller space than would be possible for a person too

Later Nik
    Cool, feel free to post that in the thread. No actions taken so no game engine required.

Tomorrow morning my time, I'll update Initiative Order and then it will be Krys' turn.

Okay, revised Initiative Order for the the new round.

Initiative Order
    - Krys + Trevor
    - Brute Wrangler
    - Morgan
    - Cracker
    - Bones
    - Calvin
    - Fast Sludger
    - Lanky
    - Nemo
    - The Bez
    - Melty Man
    - Toxic Commander
    - Digger
    - Kinu + Hellhound + Cassa
    - Jane
    - Tire Brick 1
    - Tire Brick 2

With that all sorted, Krys it is now your turn. You are currently at 85/122 HP and 180/180 ENR (-40 Capacity for Stack). Krys is currently within the wreckage of the ruined carousel on the edge of the swamp area which constitutes difficult terrain so your movement is halved within that area.

I'm going to work on the basis that Krys can climb on the carousel in whatever direction they choose to move in order to avoid the swamp so your movement won't be as impeded as it could be.

What would you like to do?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm guessing I can't see Jane at the moment....

Can I reach Nemo on a basic movement? Or Kinu, who looks pretty outnumbered at the moment? Or the Brute Wrangler? If not, can I forgo a basic attack to reach any of them?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm guessing I can't see Jane at the moment....

Can I reach Nemo on a basic movement? Or Kinu, who looks pretty outnumbered at the moment? Or the Brute Wrangler? If not, can I forgo a basic attack to reach any of them?
    You can absolutely reach Nemo with basic movement, even with the difficult terrain. To reach Kinu or the Brute Wrangler, you need to spend a Basic ATK Action on a Dash to get that far.

EDIT: Also, correct, you definitely cannot see Jane at this moment. For the purposes of gameplay, no one knows Jane is there.