Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Posted again, sorry about the wait to everyone involved. Hopefully once more people are involved per turn this will get a bit more streamlined I'd imagine. (and I won't feel like the game is locked on just me acting ;_
    Appreciated and no worries about taking a bit of time. New combat system, different timezones etc. It's to be expected.

Okay, update to the Initiative Order as Jane enters the fray. With Stack and her natural BRA, Jane is at the top of the order.

Initiative Order
    - Jane
    - Mysterious Robot
    - Ella
    - Big Demon Dog
    - Demon Dog 1
    - Demon Dog 2

Jane, I will post a flavour post in the game thread writing you into the scenario and what you see as you approach. Please post your actions for your turn in this thread and let me know if you have any questions that might inform your strategy.

Question before I do the rest, there are other pillars in the courtyard, right?

Can Jane jump/get onto the top of one (assuming they are still standing)? This would be for positional advantage (harder to hit/easier for her to aim down at things).
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Question before I do the rest, there are other pillars in the courtyard, right?

Can Jane jump/get onto the top of one (assuming they are still standing)? This would be for positional advantage (harder to hit/easier for her to aim down at things).
    Hmm... yes, that would be within your movement value to do so and well within Jane's AGI score to scale a pillar with ease.

The pillars are all still standing, there is a single row of them that runs up the closest side of the courtyard to you with about 2 metres between each one. Each pillar is around 3 metres tall. One has been slightly damaged by a dog running into it.

Ok, cool.

I guess Jane does this then:

-Maneuvers herself up to one of the pillars, the furthest one from the dogs.
    -Activates Immortal Technique (boosted for greater effect bc she has stacked CHR)
    -Fires down at the Big Dog with Mark of Death
    -Empties the clip with her remaining normal attacks on the big dog (if that dog is dead at any point before she runs out of actions she switches to the other dogs)

Also will say that I added/thought of the whole thing in the beginning post/time being where enemies who die by her bullets seem to decay noticeably more quickly than should be normal and have the same emerald light seeming to shine within them for a time as markers of Jane's kill but this might actually be weird if an enemy is for whatever reason supposed to do something else when they die so let me know if that's a detail that works or doesn't.
    -Stephen McCranie

-Maneuvers herself up to one of the pillars, the furthest one from the dogs.
    Okay, this will use one Basic ATK action to climb.

Also, the nearest pillar to Jane is also the closest to the dogs. It's like... here is a very rudimentary map, pillars are represented by *

So the Big Dog (BD) is next to the pillar it just crashed into (the damaged one), Ella and the Robot are also near that pillar. The smaller dogs (D1 and D2) are making their way across the courtyard toward Ella, they were slow at first but they look to be speeding up.

-Activates Immortal Technique (boosted for greater effect bc she has stacked CHR)
    Grand, that will give her a boost of 24 PRE for the next four turns.

-Fires down at the Big Dog with Mark of Death
    Second Technique Action, also fine.

-Empties the clip with her remaining normal attacks on the big dog (if that dog is dead at any point before she runs out of actions she switches to the other dogs)
    That's her last Basic ATK action and that's fine. Just clear up the slight query about the pillar and we'll roll.

Also will say that I added/thought of the whole thing in the beginning post/time being where enemies who die by her bullets seem to decay noticeably more quickly than should be normal and have the same emerald light seeming to shine within them for a time as markers of Jane's kill but this might actually be weird if an enemy is for whatever reason supposed to do something else when they die so let me know if that's a detail that works or doesn't.
    As in it's like a death animation? Or just a sign that Jane killed them? I'm fine with that, I'll let you know how that manifests if you do kill anyone.

Cool, so just confirm what you want to do about the pillars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Okay, this will use one Basic ATK action to climb.

Also, the nearest pillar to Jane is also the closest to the dogs. It's like... here is a very rudimentary map, pillars are represented by *

So the Big Dog (BD) is next to the pillar it just crashed into (the damaged one), Ella and the Robot are also near that pillar. The smaller dogs (D1 and D2) are making their way across the courtyard toward Ella, they were slow at first but they look to be speeding up.
    Oh, I see. Yeah in that case Jane would just use the closest pillar to her even though it's closest to the dogs bc the others are close and can sort of screen her potentially. Didn't know it would take an ATK action but I'm good with that.

As in it's like a death animation? Or just a sign that Jane killed them? I'm fine with that, I'll let you know how that manifests if you do kill anyone.

Cool, so just confirm what you want to do about the pillars.
    Noice.

That should work out.
    -Stephen McCranie

Oh, I see. Yeah in that case Jane would just use the closest pillar to her even though it's closest to the dogs bc the others are close and can sort of screen her potentially. Didn't know it would take an ATK action but I'm good with that.
    That's cool and, yes Basic ATK actions can be sacrificed to make object interactions or to climb something or other action-y type things.

Though if Jane could fly or had a mobility or climbing Trait or something (like Kinu's Squared Circle) it would not cost a Basic ATK action and would just be covered by her movement.

That should work out.
    Okay, so to confirm the actions:

Jane Actions
    Movement: Moving up to the nearest pillar.
    Basic ATK 1: Climbing said pillar.
    Technique Action 1: Uses Immortal Technique on her self
    Technique Action 2: Shoots Big Dog with Mark of Death
    Basic ATK 2: Fires at either Big Dog again (Close Range shot) or Small Dog 1 (Normal Range shot) if the Big Dog is dead.

Cool, go write your flavour post confirming those actions. Jane's second shot will be at Big Dog as he's not down yet. But if you just write her taking her shots, I'll do the results and will post damage values etc.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 03-10-2023 at 09:10 AM.

Dropping the results here:

- Big Demon Dog takes 121 DMG from Mark of Death and 81 DMG from the follow-up basic attack.

- Big Demon Dog has been inflicted with Dizzy for one turn.

- Jane is at 110/160 ENR (-40 capacity for Stack)

Mysterious Robot will go next and then we're back to Ella. I will post its actions shortly.

Ella you're up.

Big Dog is looking pretty badly hurt, being Dizzied and Blinded. Smaller Demon Dogs are nearby and within your movement/attack range and are looking considerably more healthy and active. Mysterious Robot is flailing ineffectually on a nearby pillar.

What woud you like to do?

Retired Overlord

Ella you're up.

Big Dog is looking pretty badly hurt, being Dizzied and Blinded. Smaller Demon Dogs are nearby and within your movement/attack range and are looking considerably more healthy and active. Mysterious Robot is flailing ineffectually on a nearby pillar.

What woud you like to do?
    Gotcha Chief
    Gonna spend my actions this turn to repair Ellas ENR with Holonurse, while she heroically runs for the cover of the pillar so she doesn't steal anyones kill.

Gotcha Chief
    Gonna spend my actions this turn to repair Ellas ENR with Holonurse, while she heroically runs for the cover of the pillar so she doesn't steal anyones kill.
    Okay, so Holonurse is a ranged AoE Technique, are you intending to also heal the ENR of allies within your range?

Also, which pillar? The one the robot is punching, the one Jane is standing on it another one. Ella's movement could get her to a pillar of her choosing easily.

Also, I note you aren't attacking so you could use your Basic ATK Action to climb a pillar as well if you want.

Also, also, are you intending to use Stack? Would make that heal a bit more potent if you stacked on PRE.

Retired Overlord

Okay, so Holonurse is a ranged AoE Technique, are you intending to also heal the ENR of allies within your range?

Also, which pillar? The one the robot is punching, the one Jane is standing on it another one. Ella's movement could get her to a pillar of her choosing easily.

Also, I note you aren't attacking so you could use your Basic ATK Action to climb a pillar as well if you want.

Also, also, are you intending to use Stack? Would make that heal a bit more potent if you stacked on PRE.
    Didn't think we had enough targets to worry about using it on anyone besides Ella herself, so was mainly just gonna self charge a bit while moving. She'd be going to the pillar the robot is beating on, perhaps she can use an attack action to help out in tipping it?

And yeah I can put points into PRE is it'll help.

Edit: Actually, since jane is in range now I'll try and rechange her as well.

Didn't think we had enough targets to worry about using it on anyone besides Ella herself, so was mainly just gonna self charge a bit while moving. She'd be going to the pillar the robot is beating on, perhaps she can use an attack action to help out in tipping it?

And yeah I can put points into PRE is it'll help.

Edit: Actually, since jane is in range now I'll try and rechange her as well.
    Okay, so confirming.

Stack: On PRE

Movement: Get behind the pillar with the Robot.

Technique Action: Holonurse to recover ENR on self, Jane and the robot.

Basic ATK Action: Try and push the pillar down.

If that's all locked in, make your post in the game thread. I will post the results and then will the Dogs will have their turn.

Okay, some reaction stuff here;

Ella has come under threat from two attacks here, in the following order.

First from the Big Dog, his status hasn't changed much so I can just repost the same decision making question as last time:

- You have made your HIT check, if you choose to spend 1 RAC point, you will have access to the usual responses:
    > Dodge: You could Perfectly Dodge this at no ENR expenditure.
    > Block: You could spend a very small amount of ENR to block the attack.
    > Counter: You could spend twice the amount of ENR for Block in order to attack the Dog directly and attempt to do damage on it.

Or you could choose to save the RAC point and just take whatever damage might be coming your way.

You have also been attacked by Small Dog 1

- You have made your HIT check, if you choose to spend 1 RAC point, you will have access to the usual responses:
    > Block: You could spend small amount of ENR to block the attack.
    > Counter: You could spend a little more than the amount of ENR for Block in order to attack Small Dog 1 directly and attempt to do damage on it.

You have 2 RAC points so you can choose to spend both this round and they will refresh at the start of the next round.

How would you like to respond?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 03-13-2023 at 11:21 AM.

Retired Overlord

Okay, some reaction stuff here;

Ella has come under threat from two attacks here, in the following order.

First from the Big Dog, his status hasn't changed much so I can just repost the same decision making question as last time:

> Block: You could spend a very small amount of ENR to block the attack.
    > Counter: You could spend twice the amount of ENR for Block in order to attack the Dog directly and attempt to do damage on it.

Or you could choose to save the RAC point and just take whatever damage might be coming your way.

You have also been attacked by Small Dog 1

> Block: You could spend small amount of ENR to block the attack.
    > Counter: You could spend a little more than the amount of ENR for Block in order to attack Small Dog 1 directly and attempt to do damage on it.

You have 2 RAC points so you can choose to spend both this round and they will refresh at the start of the next round.

How would you like to respond?
    Again, not much point in holding something that's gonna refresh next round so lets put Ellas epic evasion on display again lol