Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Again, not much point in holding something that's gonna refresh next round so lets put Ellas epic evasion on display again lol
    Perfect, locked in.

Please post in the main game thread describing Ella's balletic and spectacular evasion of two demonic dogs trying to bite her. Only note that you will end up in the same place with a dog on either side of you at close range to the pillar. This is not a Dodge that includes movement.

OKAY! Krys and Nemo arrive on the scene. Updating the order below:

Initiative Order
    - Krys
    - Jane
    - Nemo (You actually have the same BRA as the Robot but your SPD is higher so you will go first)
    - Mysterious Robot
    - Ella
    - Big Demon Dog
    - Demon Dog 1
    - Demon Dog 2

Krys you arrive at the courtyard, Jane is stood atop the nearest pillar to you, Ella is being menaced by one smaller dog and one big dog at the next pillar over. Next to her the Mysterious Robot has been bitten by the other smaller dog but seems largely unphased - focusing its faceless attention on the pillar in front of it. All of these entities are within you movement range. The Big Dog is bleeding heavily, molten tears of boiling yellow liquid are pouring from the eyes of all hellsih canines.

You have one Basic ATK Action and 2 Technique Actions.

Please lay out your actions and strategy for me in this thread. If you have any questions about the setting that would inform your strategy, this is the place for it.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Okay, let's just go for this.

Big dog isn't looking good, and I'm figuring Jane is targeting that one.

Krys will:

1. Move to Ella's pillar area;
    2. Lead with a basic attack (PRE/SKI) on Little Dog attacking Ella (LD for short, from now on);
    3. Continue to attack LD with technique: Perfection Does Not Exist;
    4. Hold second technique for possible counter use. Should we arrive at the end of the round and Krys has NOT used it for a counter, they would like to (surprise) employ All Things Are But Foam Upon The Waves on themselves.

Should the dogs manage to attack Krys, I guess we're getting into counters and such.

Edit: Stacks on PRE, SKI, DUR, and still SPD, I suppose. And my SPD still has its sizeable bonus for two more turns (counting this one - 4 turn duration, spent 2 turns getting here).

Is this good enough?

Wait, no. I don't use technique actions for counters, do I? Just spend RAC points and do whatever.

Okay, assuming I don't need to spend technique actions for counters, it'll look like this:

Krys will:

2. Lead with a basic attack (PRE/SKI) on Little Dog attacking Ella (LD for short, from now on);
    3. Continue to attack LD with technique: Permanence is the lie, transience the truth;
    4. Wait for end of round, use All Things Are But Foam Upon The Waves on themselves.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 03-14-2023 at 04:40 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Wait, no. I don't use technique actions for counters, do I? Just spend RAC points and do whatever.

Okay, assuming I don't need to spend technique actions for counters, it'll look like this:
    Correct, Counter Techniques do not count toward your Technique Actions for your turn, they use RAC and burn ENR but because it's not your turn, they are separated from the regular action economy.

Krys will:

3. Continue to attack LD with technique: Perfection Does Not Exist;
    4. Wait for end of round, use All Things Are But Foam Upon The Waves on themselves.
    Grand, essentially all good.

The only note is Point 4. You will need to use your ENR recovery Technique on your turn rather than at the end of the round otherwise you would be acting outside of your turn. It can go at the end of your actions but it has to happen on your turn.

Assuming that's all good. Please write your post in the main game thread detailing Krys taking action and I'll run the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Correct, Counter Techniques do not count toward your Technique Actions for your turn, they use RAC and burn ENR but because it's not your turn, they are separated from the regular action economy.

Grand, essentially all good.

The only note is Point 4. You will need to use your ENR recovery Technique on your turn rather than at the end of the round otherwise you would be acting outside of your turn. It can go at the end of your actions but it has to happen on your turn.

Assuming that's all good. Please write your post in the main game thread detailing Krys taking action and I'll run the encounter.
    Sounds good, yes.

So, write post for Krys moving in, then I see what happens here, then I write post detailing results from Krys POV? Ie, what Krys actually DOES, literarily speaking?

Little hard to write that part if I don't know if they succeed in the basic attack and such. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Sounds good, yes.

So, write post for Krys moving in, then I see what happens here, then I write post detailing results from Krys POV? Ie, what Krys actually DOES, literarily speaking?

Little hard to write that part if I don't know if they succeed in the basic attack and such. ^_^
    Nah, may as well make it one post. They arrive, take in situation, do moves. The Basic ATK succeeds, write what Krys literally does and then I'll do the dogs taking whatever damage and will post results.

Nah, may as well make it one post. They arrive, take in situation, do moves. The Basic ATK succeeds, write what Krys literally does and then I'll do the dogs taking whatever damage and will post results.
    Cool, cool! Thanks! ^_^
    Why are we here?

Ahh...I massively screwed up.

I noted that I would be using 'Perfection does not exist' as my attack, but that's a counter. I had MEANT my 'big damage' attack, but ended up having that name stuck in my mind due to a brain-fart (you can actually see that in my discussion regarding the 'choice of techniques' - it was going to be an accurate one or a big damage one, and for this thread I said 'screw it, go big!').

It's impossible for me to use a counter-technique on an attack. May I change that to my big damage attack?
    Why are we here?

Ahh...I massively screwed up.

I noted that I would be using 'Perfection does not exist' as my attack, but that's a counter. I had MEANT my 'big damage' attack, but ended up having that name stuck in my mind due to a brain-fart (you can actually see that in my discussion regarding the 'choice of techniques' - it was going to be an accurate one or a big damage one, and for this thread I said 'screw it, go big!').

It's impossible for me to use a counter-technique on an attack. May I change that to my big damage attack?
    To be far, I should have spotted that as well.

So, by big damage Technique you mean "Permanence Is The Lie, Transience The Truth." right?

That's fine. Corrections are to be expected rather than impossible things be allowed to happen.

To be far, I should have spotted that as well.

So, by big damage Technique you mean "Permanence Is The Lie, Transience The Truth." right?

That's fine. Corrections are to be expected rather than impossible things be allowed to happen.
    ...but impossible is kind of par for the course for Krys. I argue they should be able to use their counter-technique as an attack!*

* it is likely I am not serious, here.

Thank you!
    Why are we here?

Have altered my 'attack post' above just for clarity. ^_^ This is going to cost, but it's a 40 PRE damage attack followed by a 100 PRE damage attack carrying Rupture.

Should hurt.
    Why are we here?

Have altered my 'attack post' above just for clarity. ^_^ This is going to cost, but it's a 40 PRE damage attack followed by a 100 PRE damage attack carrying Rupture.

Should hurt.
    That's grand, posting the results now. I have added the use of ENR recovery in the actions because, as noted, you need to do that actually on your turn. If you wish to post again to add flavour or reaction to that recovery or the results of Krys' attacks, go right ahead.

- Small Dog 1 has taken 11 DMG from Krys initial attack.

- Small Dog 1 has taken 71 DMG from Krys Technique attack.

- Small Dog 1 takes 20 Core DMG from Rupture being inflicted.

- Krys restores a net 20 ENR through "All Things Are But Foam Upon The Waves."

- Krys' Mastered ENR is at 125/180 (-40 Capacity for Stack) (56% of normal total)

Okay, Jane is next in the order, please post your strategy in this thread.

So, hm.

I'm thinking Jane probably can't use AoE techniques on the dogs without blasting allies too at this range, right? That leaves a problem since Jane has only one Single attack technique and she can't repeat it. Although actually i guess Graveyard Revengeance specifically says "Opponents" so idk if that would count as non-friendly fire AoE. But I probably don't feel like using it this early.

If she can't, Jane does this:

-Normal attack on the Big Dog
    -If it's still alive she Normal Attacks again
    -Mark of Death on the Small Dog that isn't being attacked by Krys (and if she still has a Normal Attack she uses that on the Small Dog)

She can't use her remaining technique on any direct attack, but I think since it's a Ranged Attack she can use it to target something for a Considered Shot, so she used it as a Considered Shot for a target that's within Normal Range. If there isn't a target in Normal Range she's going to try and use her movement action to get to a further pillar to put distance between the dogs and then get to Normal Range that way.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

She can't use her remaining technique on any direct attack, but I think since it's a Ranged Attack she can use it to target something for a Considered Shot, so she used it as a Considered Shot for a target that's within Normal Range. If there isn't a target in Normal Range she's going to try and use her movement action to get to a further pillar to put distance between the dogs and then get to Normal Range that way.
    I'm afraid shot ranging modifiers only apply to Normal Attacks. Techniques do more damage but have flat ranging abilities so while they aren't effected by the damage reduction from Longer Range, they don't get the boost from Short Range. There's a trade-off there.

Nothing wrong with leaving a Technique Action on the table. You don't want to endanger your allies after all.

Okay, so to confirm:

Basic ATK 1: Big Dog
    Basic ATK 2 If he's still up, Big Dog again. If not, Small Dog 2 (the one biting the robot).
    Technique Action 1: Mark of Death on Small Dog 2

So only question, do you want Jane to move away or stick with being on the pillar?

Oh that’s good to know. So techniques aren’t penalized as well from range which I probably should have realized. Hmm. I guess I could throw in Hunter-Killer mode, and then deactivate it next turn (so it doesn’t take up one of my two technique actions for next turn). Is that possible?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Oh that’s good to know. So techniques aren’t penalized as well from range which I probably should have realized. Hmm. I guess I could throw in Hunter-Killer mode, and then deactivate it next turn (so it doesn’t take up one of my two technique actions for next turn). Is that possible?
    You can do that. You will still pay one round of maintenance next turn on it because Persistent Technique debit at the top of the round even if you then deactivate them in the same turn.

Anything for movement or is Jane staying atop the pillar?