Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Ahh, sorry I meant PRE. For some reason mixed that up.
    Cool, locked in.

Make your post doing those things and then I'll post the robot taking its turn based on Ella's instructions and will post the results of Holonurse.

That is Ella and the robot's turns.

The Dogs will act now and then we loop back to the top of the order to Kinu with a Surprise Round. After that, if the Dogs survive, it will be Krys back at the top of the regular order.

Dog action post forthcoming after my next meeting, which should go for ~1 hour.

Updating the log:

- Small Dog 1 takes 5 DMG from Bleed - Rupture

- Small Dog 1 is no longer Grappled

- Small Dog 2 takes 5 DMG from Bleed - Lacerate [Burn]

Krys you have passed your Hit Check and have the following options:

> Dodge: You could spend a small amount of ENR to Dodge
    > Block: You could spend twice the amount of ENR to Dodge to Block
    > Counter: You can perfectly Counter this attack with no ENR expenditure

Please let me know which option you select, though I suspect I know which one it will be, and write up a post confirming your actions.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

You're correct. ^_^

Krys will counter the helldog with Perfection Does Not Exist, utilizing All Things Are Finite.

Counter, +40 PRE, AWARENESS (+25 SKI), Perfect Counter (100% Base Damage).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    You're correct. ^_^

Krys will counter the helldog with Perfection Does Not Exist, utilizing All Things Are Finite.

Counter, +40 PRE, AWARENESS (+25 SKI), Perfect Counter (100% Base Damage).
    Locked in.

Cool, write your post detailing the counter and I'll run the damage. I will say, this is a high damage counter so you might want to include something about how hard Krys is hitting.

Krys, you have been shot at point blank range by Small Dog 1. Despite this being a surprise attack, you have passed your Hit Check.

You have the following options, should you choose to burn a RAC point.

> Dodge: You could spend around 1/3rd of your Mastered ENR to Dodge.
    > Block: You could spent around 1/4th of your Mastered ENR to Block.
    > Counter: You can spend no ENR to execute a Perfect Counter.

Or you could save the RAC point and soak the attack and take damage.

Please note, if you opt to counter you will be redirecting the projectile to the nearest hostile entity which, in this case, is Small Dog 1. This redirection will hit for half damage so I will just confirm that the hellhound will still be alive even if you opt to counterattack it.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Krys, you have been shot at point blank range by Small Dog 1. Despite this being a surprise attack, you have passed your Hit Check.

You have the following options, should you choose to burn a RAC point.

> Dodge: You could spend around 1/3rd of your Mastered ENR to Dodge.
    > Block: You could spent around 1/4th of your Mastered ENR to Block.
    > Counter: You can spend no ENR to execute a Perfect Counter.

Or you could save the RAC point and soak the attack and take damage.

Please note, if you opt to counter you will be redirecting the projectile to the nearest hostile entity which, in this case, is Small Dog 1. This redirection will hit for half damage so I will just confirm that the hellhound will still be alive even if you opt to counterattack it.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
    Counter, unsurprisingly. Can I write that out?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Counter, unsurprisingly. Can I write that out?
    Cool, locked in.

Write up a post of Krys redirecting a ball of noxious hellfire back to the being that fired it.

Cool, locked in.

Write up a post of Krys redirecting a ball of noxious hellfire back to the being that fired it.
    Being at almost point-blank range makes that part easy. ^_^
    Why are we here?

THE BANK JOB - COMBAT ENCOUNTER

Okay, a brand new combat encounter and we begin with Krys and Trevor are being fired on by 5 opponents concurrently.

Krys, you have passed the HIT check for attacks of this level (shocker) so you are in the following situation:

You have 3 RAC points and there are 5 attacks in motion. 3 are coming at Krys, 2 are going for Trevor.

> You can use Counter on 3 of the attacks coming your way, these would be Perfect Counters and would redirect the bullets into the nearest hostile NPC, but Trevor would run the risk of being shot.
    > You can use two of your RAC points to Interrupt the shots heading for Trevor but that would leave you with 1 RAC point for personal defence. You could Perfect Counter one attack and eat the other two, or opt to assume a Block and tank the attacks, causing the DMG to be taken as Mastered ENR rather than HP.
    > You could activate Heat Death and Perfect Counter the attacks coming at you and get the Interruptions. This would come at the cost of Mastered ENR both for invocation and two rounds of maintenance costs for both Interruptions on the attacks going for Trevor.

What would you like to do?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 04-27-2023 at 08:14 AM.

The Initiative Order for the current encounter is as follows. Get ready for a significantly higher level of complexity than the last encounter:

Initiative Order
    - Krys
    - Brute Wrangler
    - Morgan
    - Cracker
    - Bones
    - Calvin
    - Jane
    - Fast Sludger
    - Lanky
    - Nemo
    - Cassa
    - The Bez
    - Melty Man
    - Toxic Commander
    - Digger
    - Ella
    - Kinu + Hellhound
    - Trevor
    - Tire Brick 1
    - Tire Brick 2
    - Toxic Soldier 1
    - Toxic Soldier 2
    - Toxic Soldier 3
    - Toxic Soldier 4
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 04-27-2023 at 05:09 AM.

THE BANK JOB - COMBAT ENCOUNTER

Okay, a brand new combat encounter and we begin with Krys and Trevor are being fired on by 5 opponents concurrently.

Krys, you have passed the HIT check for attacks of this level (shocker) so you are in the following situation:

You have 3 RAC points and there are 5 attacks in motion. 3 are coming at Krys, 2 are going for Trevor.

> You can use Counter on 3 of the attacks coming your way, these would be Perfect Counters and would redirect the bullets into the nearest hostile NPC, but Trevor would run the risk of being shot.
    > You can use two of your RAC points to Interrupt the shots heading for Trevor but that would leave you with 1 RAC point for personal defence. You could Perfect Counter one attack and eat the other two, or opt to assume a Block and tank the attacks, causing the DMG to be taken as Mastered ENR rather than HP.
    > You could activate Heat Death and Perfect Counter the attacks coming at you and get the Interruptions. This would come at the cost of Mastered ENR both for invocation and two rounds of maintenance costs for both Interruptions on the attacks going for Trevor.

What would you like to do?
    Yeahhhh...annoying that I need to use 2 rounds of maintenance for the interruptions (because interruptions) but C'est La Vie!

Fortunately Heat Death iz cheap.

Stacking RES, SKI, PRE, DUR. For now. And will obviously use Heat Death.

HAVING SAID THAT, any way I can use two RAC points to Interrupt the shots at Trevor, then start up Heat Death on my first Counter and continue without having to pay for the Interruptions? Yes, I'm trying to figure out how this will work for the future as well.

Also, when I need to 'redirect bullets into nearest enemy', does it NEED to be an enemy, or can it be 'a target that isn't an enemy that is near to me' (<-- not trying to get around the 'nearest' part, here)? Or can it be 'the ground'? (if so, cool - just asking)

Will wait for results in order to write up. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Yeahhhh...annoying that I need to use 2 rounds of maintenance for the interruptions (because interruptions) but C'est La Vie!

Fortunately Heat Death iz cheap.

Stacking RES, SKI, PRE, DUR. For now. And will obviously use Heat Death.
    To be clear, this isn't actually your turn, this is just the Reaction. You can't change Stack on Reaction, so you're working with your current configuration which is BRA/SPD/SKI/PRE.

Fortunately, because Krys is at the the top of the order, we can do your Stack when your action kicks in.

HAVING SAID THAT, any way I can use two RAC points to Interrupt the shots at Trevor, then start up Heat Death on my first Counter and continue without having to pay for the Interruptions? Yes, I'm trying to figure out how this will work for the future as well.
    On this I'm going to go with no. I'm already bending the rules a little here because Krys is doing simultaneous parallel Interruptions which is not quite how the system is meant to work, but we basically had all the attackers take a Bonus ATK each so there are multiple attacks in the air within a single Reaction window so it's kind of special circumstances.

I think what you've outlined here is a little too specific execution of their abilities for Krys to feasibly make that decision in the time it takes bullets to fly. You can Heat Death but it will cost you two rounds of maintenance to protect Trevor.

Also, when I need to 'redirect bullets into nearest enemy', does it NEED to be an enemy, or can it be 'a target that isn't an enemy that is near to me' (<-- not trying to get around the 'nearest' part, here)? Or can it be 'the ground'? (if so, cool - just asking)

Will wait for results in order to write up. ^_^
    Yes to both. Enemy is the default but you could have it as creature or you can just plunk it into the ground.

All good!

Will start up HD and redirect harmlessly (decide where on write up). Please let me know if I can write it up. Thanks!
    Why are we here?

All good!

Will start up HD and redirect harmlessly (decide where on write up). Please let me know if I can write it up. Thanks!
    Okay, so ENR post invocation and the maintenance costs is as follows:

Krys ENR: 135/180 (-40 Capacity for Stack)

Krys Perfectly counters all shots aimed at them for 0 DMG and influences the trajectory of the shots at Trevor for them to miss completely as well. They do not redirect them at the shooters so no damage taken anywhere.

Also just to flag a fairly specific interaction of Heat Death with Krys' action economy; You are in the rare situation wherein you have activated Heat Death on reaction ahead of your first actual turn and have already used more than Krys' normal allotment of RAC points for this turn. This is pretty rare.

Because of this, if you deactivate Heat Death during your upcoming turn, then I am ruling it that Krys will have no RAC until the start of the next round when everyone's RAC refreshes. If you maintain Heat Death for this turn and drop it on your next turn at the start of the second round, they will not be bottomed out with RAC.

Write up your post and then we'll get into your actual turn.