Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

That’s fair! Post likely coming later tonight.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Okay, Krys it is now your actual turn.

You have no instant maintenance costs because of Efficiency - Control so your ENR doesn't change. Heat Death is currently active but, as noted, if you deactivate it now you will have no RAC for the remainder of this round.

Trevor is now inside the building and has total cover from shooting in his current position.

For your options, the nearest gunman is within your movement range with your current Stack on SPD so you could go on the offensive if you want. The main party at the opposite end of the garden is about 150 feet from where you are currently so you could get a little over halfway if you were to take a Dash action.

You could also scramble over the barricades and get into the building or use As Below, So Above to warp through the wall using ENR.

What would you like to do?

Seems like I could still react while scrambling, so why not? Yeah, over the barricade. Heat death still active, will also change up my stacks to PRE, SKI, SPD, AGL, to help with the scrambling.

Was the reason for this sneaking, so yes, going in!

But if Krys CAN’T react while scrambling, they will need to step through the wall.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Seems like I could still react while scrambling, so why not? Yeah, over the barricade. Heat death still active, will also change up my stacks to PRE, SKI, SPD, AGL, to help with the scrambling.

Was the reason for this sneaking, so yes, going in!

But if Krys CAN’T react while scrambling, they will need to step through the wall.
    It's Difficult Terrain (an awkward stack of benches and desks that's about 15 feet deep all told) so they will use up pretty much all their normal movement getting in but they have enough to get inside the building and to cover, no attacks of opportunity proc'd.

Once inside, I assume they aren't taking any hostile action so no Basic ATK will be used, though you could sacrifice it to get a dash and move elsewhere inside the building. One of your Technique Actions is taken up with maintaining Heat Death so you do have one remaining but with the additional costs to all Techniques while a Persistent is active, I suspect you won't want to recover ENR.

Any questions?

Nope, will post later!
    Why are we here?

Okay, I will now run... jesus, several NPC actions. Not all of them will be visible in the game thread.

Jane, you will be next up in the Initiative Order so start thinking and I'll cue you when it's your turn.

Jane, you're up.

You have already activated your Reach Out mode, so all enemies on the field are considered in Short Range for her. Remember that range modifier doesn't apply to Techniques so you won't be in range people at the house with those. The Toxic Commander, the Tire Brutes and Brute Wrangler are all within Technique range.

I am out tonight but feel free to drop questions here if you have them.

Hmmm

If I use an AoE technique (Doom Artillery or Death Blossom, am I only hitting the commander, tire brute, and brute wrangler then? Or does the AoE from the point where one of those would be hit touch the other shamblers? Bc I'm going for at least one AoE that I want to try and grab as many people as possible, so I'll aim the AoE at whatever target to achieve that.

Also I think technically it was mentioned Reach Out can be used for certain techniques (Mark of Death, Doom Artillery) previously, which wouldn't allow me to gain any mechanical benefits from Reach Out but would let me hit things.

Either way, the plan rn looks something like this

-Activate Immortal Technique for a buff to PRE
    -Use AoE technique
    -Take a shot at the Toxic Commander and a shot at the Brute Wrangler
    -Use movement action to move to advantageous cover is there is any nearby. If not, use movement technique to circle around the building to the side away from the shamblers, forcing them to follow and split their attention.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Hmmm

If I use an AoE technique (Doom Artillery or Death Blossom, am I only hitting the commander, tire brute, and brute wrangler then? Or does the AoE from the point where one of those would be hit touch the other shamblers? Bc I'm going for at least one AoE that I want to try and grab as many people as possible, so I'll aim the AoE at whatever target to achieve that.
    You could either hit the Commanders and the Brute Squad (Brutes x2 and their Wrangler) or you could move forward about 40 feet and you'd be able to hit at most three of the shamblers.

Also I think technically it was mentioned Reach Out can be used for certain techniques (Mark of Death, Doom Artillery) previously, which wouldn't allow me to gain any mechanical benefits from Reach Out but would let me hit things.
    You'd have to find a citation because I don't recall. Your entry on the Trait just has "certain Techniques," I imagine Mark of Death and Doom Artillery would be what past me would have okayed.

Either way, the plan rn looks something like this

-Activate Immortal Technique for a buff to PRE
    -Use AoE technique
    -Take a shot at the Toxic Commander and a shot at the Brute Wrangler
    -Use movement action to move to advantageous cover is there is any nearby. If not, use movement technique to circle around the building to the side away from the shamblers, forcing them to follow and split their attention.
    Not sure what you mean by Movement Action vs Movement Technique. Your basic Movement is not enough to make it all the way around the gardens, it's about 140 feet and you have 120 feet of movement. If you sacrifice one of your attack actions, you would have 240 which would allow you to go pretty much anywhere you want. Let me give you a rudimentary map for reference (not to scale)

The green area indicates that there are hedges and so on. The Brute Squad is near the fountain, everything else is labelled. The only real objects of cover are the burning cars and the carousel. With her base movement Jane could get into melee range with the Shamblers if she wanted, to give you an idea. If you want to split attention, you would be better served heading toward one of the sides of the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    You could either hit the Commanders and the Brute Squad (Brutes x2 and their Wrangler) or you could move forward about 40 feet and you'd be able to hit at most three of the shamblers.
    By hit 3 of the shamblers, you mean the commanders/brutes/wrangler and three of the shamblers additional?

You'd have to find a citation because I don't recall. Your entry on the Trait just has "certain Techniques," I imagine Mark of Death and Doom Artillery would be what past me would have okayed.
    Sure. That's from this post.

The premise of this Trait is that Jane has to focus and line up a specific shot to get both benefits of the enhanced range and the damage boost that comes with a Considered Shot. A Considered Shot as defined in the Ranged Attack Guide is as follows:

Out of combat, we'll just have to have Jane take a post to get set up to snipe before you can post firing but the boost will still apply.

A Considered Shot can also be a Difficult Shot which lowers her HIT check by 25%, if she's at the limits of her enhanced range or if there's a chaos or challenge in the shot she's making:

That said, looking at the rules, I think I've created a catch-22 for you. Let me just run through this in my mind to see if there's an issue.

> Enemy is 80 feet [~25 metres] away, at Normal Range with her standard Range value. Jane wishes to snipe them with a Considered Shot so she assumes a sniper position and ends her turn.
    > Doing so will enhance her range to 1000 metres and thus put the opponent in Short Range [15% of her range so within 150 metres but outside melee range] so Considered Shots are technically not possible as outlined in the rules.
    > This means that instead of +50% DMG on hit from Considered she gets the benefits of Short Range fire which is +25% DMG on hit [100% of her normal damage] and +25% SKI towards her HIT check. So there is still a benefit to her using the Considered Shot function even though, mechanically, she's activating Considered and immediately switching to Short Range rules.
    > If she didn't use Considered Shot and just fired at the target within her turn. She would be in Normal Range so she would get no boost to her HIT and would hit for 75% DMG (i.e; normal Ranged Attack rules.)

Okay, good, so while it's a little more complex than I thought, it still gives Jane a net boost as a sniper character. I think to simplify it so she can turn this on and off and you can still get Considered Shot within your normal range if you so choose, I'll amend the wording of the effect of your Trait to the following:

So you use her normal range and calculation rules for her attacks unless you specifically engage "Sniper Mode" and then that can only be used in the function of a Considered Shot [Prep Shot > End Turn > Start of next Turn > Immediately Fire]

Additionally, Techniques would normally be exempt from the benefit of this Range boost. If you amend Mark of Death and Doom Artillery to say that they are compatible with using the range granted to her by Death Magnetic that's also fine. This allows you to use the boost from those Techniques at extreme range. You will need to amend the other Techniques that have Death Magnetic listed on them because they don't get the range boost.

Sound fair?
    Not sure what you mean by Movement Action vs Movement Technique. Your basic Movement is not enough to make it all the way around the gardens, it's about 140 feet and you have 120 feet of movement. If you sacrifice one of your attack actions, you would have 240 which would allow you to go pretty much anywhere you want. Let me give you a rudimentary map for reference (not to scale)
    That should be movement action, not technique, sorry.

The green area indicates that there are hedges and so on. The Brute Squad is near the fountain, everything else is labelled. The only real objects of cover are the burning cars and the carousel. With her base movement Jane could get into melee range with the Shamblers if she wanted, to give you an idea. If you want to split attention, you would be better served heading toward one of the sides of the garden.
    Thanks for this diagram.

I meant circling around the area, i.e, moving sort of perpendicular to the enemy group, which I'm guessing is what you meant by moving to the sides of the garden, like this

I have a series of questions now though for potential ideas.

Could I get into a spot between the brute squad and the shamblers, and then open up and hit just about everyone barring the commander? If so how much movement would that be? And if I sacrifice one of my attack actions like you mentioned, could I then have enough movement to then kind of disappear around the side of the building or get to the rooftop, or at least get inside?

If I use Graveyard Revengeance, and then have the Shadow Walk target an enemy as far forward as the technique allows, all in the service of the idea of moving Jane forward to get to that spot, is that movement counted as part of her movement action? Also in terms of AoE would Graveyard Revengeance hit more enemies than Doom Cannon/Death Blossom?
    Last edited by Postmania; 04-30-2023 at 08:51 AM.
    -Stephen McCranie

By hit 3 of the shamblers, you mean the commanders/brutes/wrangler and three of the shamblers additional?
    Nah, one or the other.

Sure. That's from this post.
    Appreciate it. A lot to remember in this game lol.

I have a series of questions now though for potential ideas.

Could I get into a spot between the brute squad and the shamblers, and then open up and hit just about everyone barring the commander?
    In a single attack? You could if you used Graveyard Revengeance, because it's Epic. If you want to use just Doom Artillery or Death Blossom, then you're limited to a max of like... well the most would be if you targetted dead centre and hit the Brute Squad, the Melty Man and one of the Shamblers. Otherwise you're limited to like Commander + Brute Squad or Shamblers x3 or Sludger + Melty Man + 1 shambler.

If so how much movement would that be? And if I sacrifice one of my attack actions like you mentioned, could I then have enough movement to then kind of disappear around the side of the building or get to the rooftop, or at least get inside?
    Depends if you're avoiding opportunity attacks or not. As the crow flies, if you want to just run detonate an ability and then sacrifice one of your attacks to get somewhere else say round the side of building or inside, you could do that, but you could take several opportunity attacks on the way, like a max of 5. If you snake around so you avoid melee range for opportunity then you could get to the front of the building but not inside and would therefore still be exposed.

If I use Graveyard Revengeance, and then have the Shadow Walk target an enemy as far forward as the technique allows, all in the service of the idea of moving Jane forward to get to that spot, is that movement counted as part of her movement action? Also in terms of AoE would Graveyard Revengeance hit more enemies than Doom Cannon/Death Blossom?
    In order, yes it would still count toward her movement for her to get to the furthest effective target to initiate the Shadow Walk.

Graveyard Revengeance would hit... everyone barring the commander or, if you choose to hit the commander, everyone but the front four enemies (3x Shambler + Fast Sludger)

Nah, one or the other.

Appreciate it. A lot to remember in this game lol.
    Sure thing. That's why I had the two techniques marked with [Reach Out] in the section.

In a single attack? You could if you used Graveyard Revengeance, because it's Epic. If you want to use just Doom Artillery or Death Blossom, then you're limited to a max of like... well the most would be if you targetted dead centre and hit the Brute Squad, the Melty Man and one of the Shamblers. Otherwise you're limited to like Commander + Brute Squad or Shamblers x3 or Sludger + Melty Man + 1 shambler.
    Hmmmm

Depends if you're avoiding opportunity attacks or not. As the crow flies, if you want to just run detonate an ability and then sacrifice one of your attacks to get somewhere else say round the side of building or inside, you could do that, but you could take several opportunity attacks on the way, like a max of 5. If you snake around so you avoid melee range for opportunity then you could get to the front of the building but not inside and would therefore still be exposed.

In order, yes it would still count toward her movement for her to get to the furthest effective target to initiate the Shadow Walk.

Graveyard Revengeance would hit... everyone barring the commander or, if you choose to hit the commander, everyone but the front four enemies (3x Shambler + Fast Sludger)
    Hmm, okay. So, how does this sound:

1) Activate Immortal Technique
    2) Run to the center point so she can use Graveyard Revengeance and hit everyone (except the commander)
    3) Sacrifice an attack action to move away and avoid attacks of opportunity in order to end up behind the Carousel as cover.
    4) Use remaining attack action to shoot the Toxic Commander

Edit: Actually, wait, hold on, Shadow Walk is a part of this. How about this variation of it:

2) Run to the center point so she can use Graveyard Revengeance and hit everyone (except the commander)
    3) Use Shadow Walk aspect of it to take cover behind the Fast Sludger
    4) Use remaining attack action to attack the Toxic Commander

Come to think of it, since it's Jane's turn, can she also, as soon as she activates Immortal Technique, drop the Stack from CHR right after and use that Stack on AGI? Can I shift Stacks multiple times per turn?
    Last edited by Postmania; 04-30-2023 at 10:53 AM.
    -Stephen McCranie

Sure thing. That's why I had the two techniques marked with [Reach Out] in the section.

Hmmmm

Hmm, okay. So, how does this sound:

3) Sacrifice an attack action to move away and avoid attacks of opportunity in order to end up behind the Carousel as cover.
    4) Use remaining attack action to shoot the Toxic Commander

Edit: Actually, wait, hold on, Shadow Walk is a part of this. How about this variation of it:

Come to think of it, since it's Jane's turn, can she also, as soon as she activates Immortal Technique, drop the Stack from CHR right after and use that Stack on AGI? Can I shift Stacks multiple times per turn?
    Stack can be changed once per turn I'm afraid, but a good thought.

Remind of what your Stack is at present as well or what you're setting it as this turn. Once I have that, I'll run the following actions:

And will give you results so you can post.

Stack can be changed once per turn I'm afraid, but a good thought.

Remind of what your Stack is at present as well or what you're setting it as this turn. Once I have that, I'll run the following actions:

And will give you results so you can post.
    Ah shame.

But regardless, Jane’s Stack should be and is according to the thread currently:

PRE, CHR, SKI, and BRA.

I probably don’t need to do this, but just to sacrifice a bit of damage for safety in case the Stun doesn’t go off:

Switching out CHR as of the start of this turn for AGI so her Stack is now

PRE, AGI, SKI, BRA

So she has that Stack, then goes through with the plan you gave and I confirm
    -Stephen McCranie

Ah shame.

But regardless, Jane’s Stack should be and is according to the thread currently:

PRE, CHR, SKI, and BRA.

I probably don’t need to do this, but just to sacrifice a bit of damage for safety in case the Stun doesn’t go off:

Switching out CHR as of the start of this turn for AGI so her Stack is now

PRE, AGI, SKI, BRA

So she has that Stack, then goes through with the plan you gave and I confirm
    Cool, go ahead and post your actions, and I'll post the results after that.